BeatTheChalk
04-28-2008, 01:12 AM
The first horse was Ben Bush and the rest of the story ::

Stone Street Kuai King , Riva Ridge, Sunday Silence , Seattle Slew,
and Street Sense, almost forgot Tim Tam. I hope I didnt miss
any others :bang: :blush: :jump:

Rackon
04-28-2008, 01:35 AM
You mean like Iron Leige, Smarty Jones, Carry Back, War Admiral, Funny Cide, Winning Colors, Silver Charm and Real Quiet?

Plus Point Given, Afleet Alex - oh, wait...:lol:

Gotta get those glasses down out of the shelf.

Rackon
04-28-2008, 01:44 AM
HOW could I forget Northern Dancer and Spectacular Bid, plus Venetian Way, Genuine Risk, Twenty Grand, Pleasant Colony, Thunder Gulch, Dark Star, Foolish Pleasure, Gallant Fox, Sir Barton, Hill Gail, Fusaichi Pegasus, Forward Pass, Black Gold, Dust Commander (always hated that name)...must be a ton more.

Now WHERE are those glasses, always knew they must be good for *something* :D

BeatTheChalk
04-28-2008, 08:37 AM
You mean like Iron Leige, Smarty Jones, Carry Back, War Admiral, Funny Cide, Winning Colors, Silver Charm and Real Quiet?

Plus Point Given, Afleet Alex - oh, wait...:lol:

Gotta get those glasses down out of the shelf.

** I actually meant: The Horse's Names Start with the SAME
LETTER ** And I missed one ...Baden Baden. Very interesting
horse -- The Astor Family involved. Here is the entire story ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baden-Baden_(horse)

Rackon
04-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Misunderstood. I would need the Derby glass to look at :bang:

Cool info on Baden Baden who was a total blank in my Derby awareness.

Semipro
04-28-2008, 04:47 PM
The first horse was Ben Bush and the rest of the story ::

Stone Street Kuai King , Riva Ridge, Sunday Silence , Seattle Slew,
and Street Sense, almost forgot Tim Tam. I hope I didnt miss
any others :bang: :blush: :jump:Big Brown oh forgot they haven't flashed Offical yet.

BeatTheChalk
04-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Big Brown oh forgot they haven't flashed Offical yet.

:jump: very good one .. and I forgot to include Baden - Baden ..but I
corrected that error in another post. So we have had Ben Bush
Baden Baden. Hmm And Some other horse .. might just complete the
Trifecta. Can't recall his ...ooops that would Be BIG BROWN :lol:

falconridge
04-29-2008, 01:30 PM
The first horse was Ben Bush
I believe the colt you're referring to is Ben Brush, a son of of Bramble and the Reform mare Roseville, who herself was a full sister to Azra, winner of the 1892 Kentucky Derby and Travers Stakes. Ben Brush's Derby triumph was notable in a few respects: it was the colt's three-year-old debut, its first time trying a distance longer than six furlongs, and the first Kentucky Derby run at 1 1/4 miles.

In the same vein as your alliteratively dubbed Derby winners: can you name any winner of an American classic (Derby, Preakness, or Belmont) that had a three-word name, with each of the three words in its name beginning with the same letter? I can think of one; there may be others. By the way, there's a clue in this post's title. Here's another: this three-year-old's classic win came at the expense a colt already mentioned in this thread.

bigmack
04-29-2008, 07:42 PM
In the same vein as your alliteratively dubbed Derby winners: can you name any winner of an American classic (Derby, Preakness, or Belmont) that had a three-word name, with each of the three words in its name beginning with the same letter? I can think of one; there may be others. By the way, there's a clue in this post's title. Here's another: this three-year-old's classic win came at the expense a colt already mentioned in this thread.
Bee Bee Bee, '72 Preakness?

falconridge
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Bee Bee Bee, '72 Preakness?
ˇSi, si, si! Ja, ja, ja. Oui, oui, oui—all the way home. Ridden by the unforgettable Eldon Nelson and clearly appreciating the home cooking, that locally trained son of Better Bee led from flagfall to finish to snatch the Woodlawn Vase (that’s “vaws”) from Meadow Stable, whose heavily favored Riva Ridge (bet down to 3-10 following his front-running romp in Louisville two weeks earlier) just didn’t take to the Pimlico slop.

BeatTheChalk
04-29-2008, 08:08 PM
I believe the colt you're referring to is Ben Brush, a son of of Bramble and the Reform mare Roseville, who herself was a full sister to Azra, winner of the 1892 Kentucky Derby and Travers Stakes. Ben Brush's Derby triumph was notable in a few respects: it was the colt's three-year-old debut, its first time trying a distance longer than six furlongs, and the first Kentucky Derby run at 1 1/4 miles.

You are of course correct ..Ben Brush .. not Bush. I only make a few
mistakes every year tho :lol: :jump: :eek:

BeatTheChalk
04-29-2008, 08:12 PM
ˇSi, si, si! Ja, ja, ja. Oui, oui, oui—all the way home. Ridden by the unforgettable Eldon Nelson and clearly appreciating the home cooking, that locally trained son of Better Bee led from flagfall to finish to snatch the Woodlawn Vase (that’s “vaws”) from Meadow Stable, whose heavily favored Riva Ridge (bet down to 3-10 following his front-running romp in Louisville two weeks earlier) just didn’t take to the Pimlico slop.

I actually knew about BEE BEE BEE :) :bang And the fact that he
beat R iva R idge .. makes it all the more interesting. As for the
"" Vaws "" .. Folks have been known to have their names removed
from the lists of Society Blue Bloods...for calling it a VACE :p :cool: :liar:

bigmack
04-29-2008, 08:26 PM

The 97th running has been called a "1:55 & 3 horror show". Riva Ridge & Key to the Mint dueling it out while Eldon Nelson sat chilly on BBB. Trainer Lucien accused Turcotte of losing the race on RR as a result of "he was so busy watching Braulio Baeza on Key to the Mint he lost the race"

Turcotte calmly stated RR could not handle the mud.

The following year all was forgiven by Penny Tweedy & Lucien. By a monster.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/spray.jpg