PDA

View Full Version : Keenland closing day 5/6 paid 25k .. how smart?

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-27-2008, 02:27 PM
How smart did you have to be to hit 5/6 or 6 of 6 in the pick 6 on closing day at Keenland.

Race 5 You had to play a 1st time starter whos morning line was 4-1 but he started out at 5:2 in the betting and stayed at 5:2 the whole time. He was by Unbridled Song and bred to run all day long for the 7 furlong distance. He won by a half but could have won by several.

Race 6 Play a 3-1 shot by Todd PLetcher- 22% with a 21% jockey Velazquez. He was 2nd last time out. He had the highest turf speed amoung the 6th race starters.

Race 7 Just use the 1,000,000 purchase and grandson of Seattle Slew. Son of Vindication. A $21 winner.

Race 8 Just use D Wayne Lucas horse Tarzine who had the fastest dirt speed in the race. He had the 2nd fastest early pace last race. A $42 winner

Race 9 Just use 4-1 shot who got beat by a neck in a grade one race by Einstein. He had the fastest last race speed rating. He also won the 2nd race back. Trained by 20 % trainer Shug McGaughey.

Race 10 Play an undefeated horse who won his only lifetime start. He had the newly inducted hall of fame jockey Edgar Prado. 3-1 morning line. His last workout was 8 day before the race at 59/3 breezing.

The pool was 1.3 million. Nobody had all 6.

I kind of wish I would have put a few bucks into this pick 6.

phatbastard
04-27-2008, 05:46 PM
its all so ez now.......

PaceAdvantage
04-27-2008, 06:18 PM
its all so ez now.......Yes, but there's also much value in review...

Javagold
04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
i bet the $1,000,000 dollar grandson of Seattle slew last time, your redboard system didnt work that time :rolleyes:

ryesteve
04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah... I have a feeling that flat bets on all horses that sold for 7 figures or more, have an ROI worse than a dartboard...

Premier Turf Club
04-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah... I have a feeling that flat bets on all horses that sold for 7 figures or more, have an ROI worse than a dartboard...

He was the last horse Joe and I dropped. We had the horse he beat by a lip, and I think the 3rd and 4th finishers as well.

It didn't dawn on me until later that day that we had 4 out of 6 on multiple tickets (total cost $392). The horse than finished 2nd was 9-1 whereas the winner was 12-1 so 5 of 6 would have paid less, but it still would have been good...

That's why I almost never play Pick 6. I however, quite pleased that PTC sold four 5 out of 6 tickets. :)

JustRalph
04-28-2008, 03:01 AM
How smart did you have to be to hit 5/6 or 6 of 6 in the pick 6 on closing day at Keenland.

Race 5 You had to play a 1st time starter whos morning line was 4-1 but he started out at 5:2 in the betting and stayed at 5:2 the whole time. He was by Unbridled Song and bred to run all day long for the 7 furlong distance. He won by a half but could have won by several.

Race 6 Play a 3-1 shot by Todd PLetcher- 22% with a 21% jockey Velazquez. He was 2nd last time out. He had the highest turf speed amoung the 6th race starters.

Race 7 Just use the 1,000,000 purchase and grandson of Seattle Slew. Son of Vindication. A $21 winner.

Race 8 Just use D Wayne Lucas horse Tarzine who had the fastest dirt speed in the race. He had the 2nd fastest early pace last race. A $42 winner

Race 9 Just use 4-1 shot who got beat by a neck in a grade one race by Einstein. He had the fastest last race speed rating. He also won the 2nd race back. Trained by 20 % trainer Shug McGaughey.

Race 10 Play an undefeated horse who won his only lifetime start. He had the newly inducted hall of fame jockey Edgar Prado. 3-1 morning line. His last workout was 8 day before the race at 59/3 breezing.

The pool was 1.3 million. Nobody had all 6.

I kind of wish I would have put a few bucks into this pick 6.

amazing how easy huh?

Billw and I, with Tomcat had 3 of 6 for 64 bucks.

The Lukas horse I just couldn't get over the bad form in the last few.

Got beat by a neck in the first leg.......

If you would have seen Pletcher's horse in the paddock, and watched Todd himself looking worried, you might not have bet him either. But, what the hell do I know. But I did have some company with me we agreed he looked like crap. But he was on the ticket

Btw, the Son of Slew, got hammered at the windows by his trainer (Matz) but it was too late............he got his bets down with about two minutes to post. We couldn't get anything down on him.

Had the last two races.................