PDA

View Full Version : Super High Five on Kentucky Derby +car

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Churchill Downs will introduce a new daily wager, the Super Hi-5, for its Spring Meet, which starts tomorrow.

The Super Hi-5 is a minimum $1 wager that challenges bettors to choose the first five finishers in correct order in a designated race. If there is no winning ticket in that race, the betting pool will be carried over to the next day's designated Super Hi-5 race.

A will be a special Super Hi-5 wager on the Kentucky Derby that will offer bettors the possible bonus of a new Mercedes Benz SL550 in addition to the payout.

The Mercedes Benz SL550, valued at more than $100,000 and furnished by Tafel Motors, will be awarded only if there is a single winning ticket in the Kentucky Derby Super Hi-5. If there is no winning ticket, the pool will carry over to the first post-Derby racing program at Churchill Downs on Wednesday, May 7.

BombsAway Bob
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM
While Dime superfectas will be verboten, Churchill will gladly offer $1 Super High Five Wagers on the Derby. People will pump Big Bucks into this difficult bet.
BUT WHAT IF NO ONE Picks 5??? A huge carryover pool will then go into the Wed.,May 7th card. Unfortunately, 90% of the people that created the SHF pool will be unable to bet back into the carryover, either because they will be at work, or worse yet, SHUT OUT OF betting Churchill Downs via your ADW account of choice!! :mad: Kind of a Lose-Lose proposition.

Bruddah
04-27-2008, 03:10 AM
The Mercedes Benz SL550, valued at more than $100,000 and furnished by Tafel Motors, will be awarded only if there is a (single winning ticket) in the Kentucky Derby Super Hi-5. If there is no winning ticket, the pool will carry over

Unsaid is, if there is more than 1 winning ticket, all bets are off, for the car. Damn, how I would love to see just 1 winner from the Infield Peanut Gallery win this. That would really p*ss the mgmt. off.

These types of pools and bets will make crooks come out of the woodwork at Tracks. :ThmbDown:

Ron
04-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I thought the single winning ticket had to also be placed at CD.

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Ron I know that is the rule in California. But am not certain what the rule is in Kentucky.