PDA

View Full Version : 26Apr08Hol *** Selections ***

SRK
04-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Race 1

A sad Saturday for many of us on-line players. Like many others, I have learned to enjoy the races from the comfort of my home, and am forced to watch from the sidelines. Hope they get it fixed, and quickly. Those lucky enough to be able to wager on this race are all over the logical In Daddy’s Honor (4). Owns a win at this level two back, and at this distance three back. Has won on and from just off the lead. The only one to have beaten winners. Makes sense. Short price. Applaud Dubai (5) is the threat. Shortens up and should have plenty left when it counts. Spanish Heat (6) finished just behind the top choice in her 7 furlong score. Failed miserably versus winners in her last, however.

SRK
04-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Race 2

Too early to tell how the Hollyturf course will play sprinting. This is the third turf sprint of the meet, and we’ve had one wire and one off-the-pace winner. Neither of the two favorites excite me. Especially Christiana’s Heat (2), she shortens up, and I just don’t believe she’s fast enough to win this sprint. Bet against. Rosangela (4) is a Frankel first time turfer, so we’ll have to consider her, just off that. This is her second start, and she’s worked well since her debut. Every right to improve. Several others also merit a look. Lochinvar’s Gold (7) tries the turf for the first time, and looks sharp. Hennessy Rose (1) looks to be the quickest in here. Stop The Humor (5) could easily hit the board, and spice up the exotics.

SRK
04-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Race 3

A short field of 5 contest this 7 ½ furlong sprint, I mean route. These races are often won on the lead, and the lead will belong to Fight On (4). He’s certainly got a big look in here, as does Cointreau (1) who goes turf to AW, shortens up, is third off the layoff, and gets a rider switch to Bejarano. That makes favorite I’m All Out (2) a vulnerable underlay. Not a tossout, but not worth even money.

SRK
04-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Race 4

Several lightly raced and first timers square off in this Maiden event. Camel Point (7) did not appreciate the 7 furlongs in his last, and should redeem himself here. Ronald Ellis sends out two, both with a shot. Usurp (2) has been training well for his return. He was last seen at Oak Tree, in a runner up effort to Colonel John. More Humor (3) looks like a well meant first timer. Tempting Treasures (5) takes a leap into straight maidens. Include in your exotics.

SRK
04-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Race 5

As mentioned earlier, many races at this distances are won on the lead. With several speedsters signed up, this one won’t. This race is for non-winners of 2 lifetime, and its easy to throw stones at any of the contestants. The Supply Program (7) shortens up, gets a rider switch to Espinoza, and will find the company easier here. He’ll be coming late. Warren’s Secret (2) will save ground from the rail, and will also be passing the tired front runners. Lutyens (4) faces winners for the first time, and should at least hit the board.

SRK
04-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Race 6

Several ways you could turn in this wide open Maiden turf route. There are several early speed types and a couple of sprinters stretching out here. If Shy Baby (5) can keep her saddle on, she could spring the upset here. She looks to benefit the most if the pace falters. If it doesn’t then Boston Cat (11) figures, as does Courtly Culture (3). You get Frankel and Bejarano on favored Be Glorious (4), who I think is a step slower than these, and is vulnerable on the win end.

juanepstein
04-26-2008, 07:17 PM
whats up srk?

looks like your tearing it up today.

one price play im rooting for today.hoping this very nice looking colt can step it up into the winners circle.

9th- #10 SAVVY AND SMOOTH- 8/1

also have a possible sweet late double at turf paradise.

10th double- 1,3/10

11th- #10 ROMANESCING - watchlist longshot play.

SRK
04-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Race 7

The public is getting off of Surf Cat (3), just when I’m getting on. Likes Hollywood, likes the distance, likes the AW. Fair price. Zappa (2) set the track record at 1 1/16 miles at the recently completed Santa Anita meet, and shortens back up to that distance. Beware. Will be picking up the pieces, late. Monzante (7) is the now horse and should also be flying late. Good betting race, with some nice horse flesh entered.

SRK
04-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Hola Epstein,

Tearing it up, on paper.
I'm shut out of my on-line account, and decided against going to the OTB.
Oh well.

Thanks for the tips on the late races.

Buena Suerte.

SRK
04-26-2008, 07:32 PM
PS - you're not on crutches, are ya?

SRK
04-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Race 8

Another toughie, with several contenders each bringing several strengths and weaknesses into this one. Frankel hikes Skimmetry (8) into open company, and stretches him out to a mile. Only Him (2) inherits the poor rail, had trouble in his last, but is certainly competitive with these. My Friend Luis (4) continues to outrun his odds, and has busted up my tri, in his last two races. Not this time. Frankelstein (3) won’t enjoy the soft pace he had in his last, but can also hang around for a share.

juanepstein
04-26-2008, 08:15 PM
PS - you're not on crutches, are ya?

no sir

Sailwolf
04-26-2008, 08:21 PM
no sir

Those are ski poles:lol:

SRK
04-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Race 9

*** Late Scratch #11 Handsome Thomas ***

There is a ton of speed entered in the nitecap. Usually that would point me towards an off the pace horse, but not here. There are too few of them and none figure. Handsome Thomas (11) drops into claimers, shortens up, and gets a jock switch in his second lifetime start. Flashed speed in his debut, should do better this time. Savvy and Smooth (10) threw in a clunker in his last. He is a speedy sort, and if you draw a line thru that one, he figures. Dynaquake (6) gets better with each start. Turkish Victory (1) gets the rail, but a minor award seems most likely the best he can hope for. Master Cat (13) will be hurt by his far outside draw, and that limits him to underneath spots on my tickets.

Sailwolf
04-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Race 1

A sad Saturday for many of us on-line players. Like many others, I have learned to enjoy the races from the comfort of my home, and am forced to watch from the sidelines. Hope they get it fixed, and quickly. Those lucky enough to be able to wager on this race are all over the logical In Daddy’s Honor (4). Owns a win at this level two back, and at this distance three back. Has won on and from just off the lead. The only one to have beaten winners. Makes sense. Short price. Applaud Dubai (5) is the threat. Shortens up and should have plenty left when it counts. Spanish Heat (6) finished just behind the top choice in her 7 furlong score. Failed miserably versus winners in her last, however.

Youbet.com has Hollywood

juanepstein
04-26-2008, 08:32 PM
holly 9th- $1 pentafecta

SRK
04-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the tip.
I'll have to check out you.bet if this goes on for any length of time.
Lucky for me - I live right on the US/Mexico border so we have legal Race and Sports Books (not to mention great margaritas) available south of Rio Grande.