PDA

View Full Version : Harness.......M1.....4-26-08

LottaKash
04-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Well I think I may have spotted another little 3yo Goody.....

Firstly, let me have an out in here, before I present my pick in the forthcoming race.....The horse I like is only a 3yo, making his first of the year.....but, here's the catch, he is making it against fast 4yo's, and generally 3yo's do not fare as well vs. 4's, than they do with 3's......But I think this horse is going to be a real good one, and no matter what the outcome will be.....He is a horse to mark down and follow, as if he stays sound physically, he should be racing with the best 3yo's at year's end.........

9th Race - #2 Lennon Blue Chip.....This horse making his first start, is coming off 3 qualifiers...generally, I do not play most horses off their qua's...but 3yo's are the exception for me.......(when young horses are getting ready to race for the first time...3 qua's are a very sure sign of readiness, provided they are of good quality and have some good speed associated with them....2 qua's would also be considered serious intentions by the trainer, to have their horse ready to race seriously on their first race day)

I have this one projected to run a TM-SR of 104 and tonite he is in with nice SR-95's......my thinking is, that even if he runs 10 pts slower than his projected SR, he will still be running a 95, and that puts him right in the thick of this....

In his 1st qua on 4/1,at showplace farms in N.J., he had a sneaky last 1/2 in 54:3...yikes..while he didn't win it, he finished with good pace, and the trainer was driving him.....an auspicious start.....showing that this horse is being seriously prepped to go from day one.......Plus Showplace Farms is a seriious training center for young horses, and the quality of their qualifiers is top notch......so the qua's are first rate there.....

4/10 qua @M1...He showed that the 54:3 half hadn't affected his soundness one bit.....and he won that qua easily and in good time......27 flat at the end, a sure sign of fitness.....

4/17 qua @M1...a nice relaxing ez qua with a nice last fraction......a breather if you will, I believe it was just a good training mile, to help keep his edge, without gutting him.....that is why is doesn't appear too loud........

Last year he won 3 of his 11 starts, earning $207K for the year.....but they were quality wins, and he was knocking heads with Santana Blue Chip and Keystone Horatio some nice colts as 2yo's......

Ron Pierce is aboard, and I think if he is position turning for home, he has a good chance to be there......we'll see.......Follow...he should go higher....

humbly,

LottaKash
04-26-2008, 12:13 PM
3d Race...@ M1.....#9 MUCHO SLEAZY.....has my individed attention in this race.....just like the other choice above......This 3yo gelding is in even softer than my other pick.....It is a 3yo open pace........The #2 Mr. Nice Guy and #4 Mcardle Park are doing nicely, and if they beat my horse, there is no remorse for me as they figured to do well.....

But, this horse is projected to run a TM-SR of 104, and the others are just barely making it @ SR 91......

Plus, my other choice tonite was beaten by this horse in their qua, when they ran together, so surely to my way of thinking, this horse will also be a factor in here.....The 9 hole is a tall order for a horse making his first start of the year.....but Class and Speed have a way of showing up from that bad post position......

Andy Miller, is a genius with front stepping horses, and I think he will make his presence known in here......

This horse won 6 of his 17 starts as a 2yo, collecting $180K in the process....so he does have the back class and is in fine shape formwise.....solid last 1/4's in his qua's,.......and at 8/1, ........I will Bite.........He should turn out to be another good one......Follow.....

humbly,

Stick
04-26-2008, 12:57 PM
LK
Just wondering how Mucho Sleazy is projected at 104?

LottaKash
04-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey Stick.....To be honest with you, I wanted to show all, how I arrived at the numbers......it is very ez to get the numbers, but you can get into a lot of trouble if you just use them at face value......

I'm still trying to figure a way to get some clippings from programs, to demonstrate them further.....Trust me getting the number is a no brainer....it is what you do with it that matters most, and if I am not clear about the rules to follow, when using that number, well again it will spell confusion and trouble......

If you follow my reasoning on some of my recent personal selections, you will see some of the rules and answers that go along with those numbers.....

When you become adept at using those numbers correctly, you will find many, many horses to play......the trouble is historically, 3-YO's, other than 2-YO's, are the toughest of all to figure when handicapping Harness Horses.....

For me, nw2,nw3 and nw1--for 3yo's races were always the hardest for me, and after awhile, I would avoid them like the plague....but since (took a few years) mastering (sort or) I look forward to these kinds of races......They are fun and rewarding to me now.....

In a previous post, I promised I would release this thing....And I will, just not yet, as I wouldn't want the responsibility of anyones losses when they guess wrong..

All my handicapping is centered around the TM-SR's.....they are powerful numbers, and when you understand how to put them into proper perspective, you will have learned why Horses Win & Lose.....an that can only make you a better player......and you will have much more fun and have a lot more confidence in your play......

best,

mrroyboy
04-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Good enough for me Lotta. Keep it up

Stick
04-26-2008, 04:21 PM
LK
Look forward to it. I have never been fond of 2yr. and 3 yr. olds races.

Postime
04-26-2008, 07:03 PM
(Race 3 M1)The 2 Horse will win for fun here and the 3 with Sears will have some value.

Postime
04-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Anyone have a lead on race 2 M1?

Postime
04-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Race #2 M1Looks like 4-7-8 Box

Postime
04-26-2008, 07:49 PM
(Race 3 M1)The 2 Horse will win for fun here and the 3 with Sears will have some value.

Pays $6.20 to win for fun....

Postime
04-26-2008, 08:01 PM
M1 4th Race 3-4-7 box

Postime
04-26-2008, 08:18 PM
5th M1 1-4-6 Box ex or tri

gl

LottaKash
04-27-2008, 12:20 AM
The results........

3d Race...#9...Mucho Sleazy...went off @ 21/1...fin 3d...Jumped out and .dueled for a bit with #8 the 2d placed finisher, and the 8 was finally jumped by the #2 horse and eventual winner......sleazy sat 3d the rest of the way, and finished his mile confidently, just missing the Place Spot...and paid $ 6.40 for the show........it was nice, because at those odds, I bet acroos the board.....and it saved my win & place bets.......It was a swift mile going the 1/2 in 55:3...1:23.2..1:52.0......a good first start for him......He will definitely, be heard from next week.....btw, the horse I would've played, had this horse not been in this race won and paid $ 6.20 for the win.........

9th Race.....#2 Lennon Blue Chip....went off at almost 17/1 and finished 4th, after being 2d over, he dug in gamely when it was time to smell the cash....The first four finishers were separated by only a HEAD & a NECK.....on another nite, it certainly could've been just as ez, a win......
No complaints by me.......on another note they walked the first half in 56:4, slow for this field, and that always, pacewise, makes it that much harder for closers to get up.....no excuses tho........This horse will be a factor next start......a win is forthcoming........:cool:

best,

Charlie
04-27-2008, 11:13 AM
LottaKash.... Both horses ran well with LBC losing the whole race by a very small margin. I also liked both horses because of their qualifiers and money earned in 2007. This was there first starts as 3 yr olds. In fact MS earned a 95 TM SR as a 2 year old. He is probably capable of improving its SR by your projected 10 points. Even though neither won, they should both earn victories in the near future.

LottaKash
04-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey charlie,....cool....it's all part of the percentages of winning and losing......don't you just love this stuff......

best,