PDA

View Full Version : News for New Jersey Horseplayers

melman
04-26-2008, 07:43 AM
If you live near Toms River in Jersey you have a new 26,000 square foot parlor, nearly twice the size of the Vineland OTB. It opens at noon on Tuesday and is located at the intersection of Route 37 and Bananier Drive. Hope this helps John Del Ricco or Richie.

john del riccio
04-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Mel,

I may as well just stop off at MTH as it is about 15 miles north of Toms River....
Thanks for thinking of me though.

Now news for NJ horseplayers that I'd like to hear is that I can use PTC,
that would be ground breaking.....

John

jma
04-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Mel,

I may as well just stop off at MTH as it is about 15 miles north of Toms River....
Thanks for thinking of me though.

Now news for NJ horseplayers that I'd like to hear is that I can use PTC,
that would be ground breaking.....

John

Monmouth is over 30 miles and at least an hour's drive from Toms River (at least in the spring, summer, or fall, or at rush hour).

I'll have to stop by and check the new place out. Nice to see the OTBs starting to open.

whyhorseofcourse
04-26-2008, 10:34 AM
I just worked in new jersey for the last 3 weeks. Hard to belive I was toms river just a couple weeks short. :bang:

shanta
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi Mel
I live in New Rochelle NY

I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night - In Jersey! :jump:

:)

rrbauer
04-26-2008, 08:17 PM
If you live near Toms River in Jersey you have a new 26,000 square foot parlor, nearly twice the size of the Vineland OTB. It opens at noon on Tuesday and is located at the intersection of Route 37 and Bananier Drive. Hope this helps John Del Ricco or Richie.

A little late in the game to be opening OTB's isn't it? Don't the NJ folks read about the OTB venues in other jursidictions being "cannibalized" by ADW's and online betting?

njcurveball
04-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the update, now at least I can stop off at Exit 83, rather than get off at 105 for Monmouth!

Heck 20 miles these days costs a fortune in gas! Every little bit helps! ;)

alhattab
04-27-2008, 09:34 AM
A little late in the game to be opening OTB's isn't it? Don't the NJ folks read about the OTB venues in other jursidictions being "cannibalized" by ADW's and online betting?

Apparently not Rich. The Woodbridge NJ OTW is on fire. Overflow crowds on weekends and based on reports the highest-grossing such facility in the country despite being open for about a year.

Just because you can cook at home doesn't mean you don't want to go out.

wonatthewire1
04-27-2008, 09:43 AM
At one time (and it could still be the case) the Meadowlands was/is the highest grossing simulcast facility in the country.

It is a crappy ride for me - so I don't go there that often but the place is set up well for the player...