PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Downs, Inc. - the ultimate hypocrite

menifee
04-25-2008, 03:43 PM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44712&source=rss

Let me get this straight - Churchill Downs, Inc. sues THG for anti-competitive behavior yesterday.

In part of the negotations, THG says we want you Churchill to allow TVG and Youbet and other ADWS to take wagers on the Derby and Oaks.

Churchill says no - we have a contract with the Kentucky Horsemen and we will do whatever we want with the signal and they better honor their agreement. Last year, Churchill made the choice not to allow other ADWs access to the Derby. Instead funneling all ADW money through TwinSpires or Expressbet.

Who is being anti-competitive now?

ezrabrooks
04-25-2008, 04:02 PM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44712&source=rss

Let me get this straight - Churchill Downs, Inc. sues THG for anti-competitive behavior yesterday.

In part of the negotations, THG says we want you Churchill to allow TVG and Youbet and other ADWS to take wagers on the Derby and Oaks.

Churchill says no - we have a contract with the Kentucky Horsemen and we will do whatever we want with the signal and they better honor their agreement. Last year, Churchill made the choice not to allow other ADWs access to the Derby. Instead funneling all ADW money through TwinSpires or Expressbet.

Who is being anti-competitive now?

Hey Menifee...Now don't let common sense blur your vision!!

trying2win
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Menifee:

You make some good points in your post.

T2W

roanoke
04-25-2008, 08:44 PM
churchill just started allowing all tracks simulicasting in the last year.
cd closing at 1830 this sunday in the middle of hollywood card.
only good thing is going across the river to bet and can't bet on Kentucky racing.

racebannan
05-01-2008, 11:00 AM
CHDN didn't give the signal to TVG or UBET last year because those ADWs refused to give up their exclusive arrangements with certain tracks, including CHDN's own Calder and Arlington. Last year, one couldn't use CHDN's ADW to bet Calder or Arlington -- you could only go through TVG or UBET.

So spare me this hypocritical BS. TVG and UBET were being anti-competitive.

Now that the exclusive contracts are pretty much run out, I would think this market would transition to open access. I'm not sure why that hasn't happened -- perhaps the CHDN folks are too busy dealing with the blackmailing horsemen's groups.