PROBABLY ON CRYSTAL METH.

Pace Cap'n
04-25-2008, 09:04 PM
PROBABLY ON CRYSTAL METH.

Who? The victim, the cop, or you?

JustRalph
04-25-2008, 11:22 PM
http://www.kentucky.com/211/story/386375.html

This happened near Keeneland............ was on all the news this morn.

Oops! Wrong Gun!!

Officer fires gun instead of Taser
UPDATED | Man’s condition upgraded after accidental police shooting

NICHOLASVILLE --NICHOLASVILLE — The condition of a man who was accidentally shot by a Nicholasville police officer Thursday has been upgraded to fair, according to University of Kentucky Hospital.

A police news release said Lt. Bill Jones intended to use his Taser to stop a fight outside the police department, but he mistakenly drew his handgun and shot the man once in the side. Jones is on administrative leave pending a Kentucky State Police investigation, Nicholasville Police Chief Barry Waldrop said.

Nathan MacLaren of Baytown, Texas, identified the man who was shot as Michael McCarty, 27. McCarty had been listed in critical condition Thursday night.

MacLaren, 47, is the boyfriend of McCarty’s soon-to-be ex-wife, Amanda, and they intended to take the McCartys’ 8-year-old son, Johnny, to Texas, MacLaren said.

~more at the link~

PaceAdvantage
04-26-2008, 10:54 PM
TWENTY FOUR YEARS OLD.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/15983912/detail.html

I don't understand the point of this post. Yes, people can die from being Tazed, but most do not. People can die from taking aspirin, or eating peanuts, but most do not.

If this drunk had only done what he was told by the police, and not tried to fight with them (according to the story), he'd be alive and well today.

The cops could have also subdued him with their nightsticks and caused a fatal subdural hematoma....then what would you do? Ban sticks as well?

Maybe we should just get rid of any means that cops have of protecting themselves against lowlife idiots.

Tom
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I say tazers are too dnageroud to be allowed.
The vic might wake up and attack. Go straight to the gun - as Emeril would say,"BAM!"

Marlin
04-26-2008, 11:15 PM
I am friends with this kids fathers neighbor. If that makes any sense. The story I got, and have no verification, is that he was tazed three times. The third time coming when he was already disabled and on the ground. Take it for what it's worth because this side of the story comes completely from the victims side. Unfortunately, from what I hear, he was a good kid.

PaceAdvantage
04-27-2008, 03:39 PM
It should be pretty easy for the truth to come out, seeing as these things are equipped with video evidence....

If you go to the wlwt link, there is actual video footage from the Tazer itself (evidently, this thing is equipped with a crude B&W video camera and audio), it seems he was only tazed once....

Marlin
04-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, like I said my story came from one side. The kid made a mistake and it cost him his life. Makes me feel lucky when I think back to some of the stupid **** I've done in my life. (nothing felonious BYW)