PDA

View Full Version : questionable DQ @ Pimlico

KMS
04-25-2008, 04:31 AM
I've lurked here for quite a while, and finally was motivated to post. Did anybody happen to catch the 6th at Pimlico yesterday? Money For Love, with Malcolm Franklin aboard, was disqualified and placed second for interfering with Sarto and Horacia Karamanos in the stretch drive. Now I may be biased, because it cost me a 3-1 winner, but it looked to me like they were bumping on even terms, and the argument could even be made that Sarto veered out. I frankly don't see how they determined that one was more at fault than the other. Maybe they would have DQ'd whichever horse was the eventual winner, but I'd sure like to have a steward's decision go my way once in a while. Anybody see this race? Agree or disagree?

whyhorseofcourse
04-25-2008, 08:30 AM
I just watched the replay, and I agree with you I do not think the horse should have gone down.

I got banged pretty hard with one yesterday.
Hollywood's 4th race yesterday I had a $5 tri 1/5/all.

The 6 ended up getting second who was a first time starter was all over the track. I believe he caused the 8 and the 5 both a position. But the stewarts thought otherwise.

horses721
04-25-2008, 09:00 AM
After watching the race, I can see why they took the horse down. I think Sarto was trying to get out because he was being forced into the rail.

I didn't have a head on replay to watch and it might have given me a better perspective of how bad the bumping really was. Sometimes the race looks worse than the actual interference really was when seen head on so my opinion is based only on the race replay and not a head on review.

Tampa Russ
04-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I've lurked here for quite a while, and finally was motivated to post. Did anybody happen to catch the 6th at Pimlico yesterday? Money For Love, with Malcolm Franklin aboard, was disqualified and placed second for interfering with Sarto and Horacia Karamanos in the stretch drive. Now I may be biased, because it cost me a 3-1 winner, but it looked to me like they were bumping on even terms, and the argument could even be made that Sarto veered out. I frankly don't see how they determined that one was more at fault than the other. Maybe they would have DQ'd whichever horse was the eventual winner, but I'd sure like to have a steward's decision go my way once in a while. Anybody see this race? Agree or disagree?

I pretty much have to agree that it was a questionable DQ, but not surprising for Maryland. At least the stewards seem to be consistent there. I got left up in a race at Beulah on Wednesday where it seemed very obvious that a foul was committed. Of course I get left up of the 4/5 horse, while I get DQ'd at PIM at decent odds.

The Bit
04-27-2008, 04:19 PM
It sucks. The whole process is flawed and it is one of the main reasons this game is suffering a slow death in my opinion.

PaceAdvantage
04-27-2008, 04:38 PM
It sucks. The whole process is flawed and it is one of the main reasons this game is suffering a slow death in my opinion.Oh come now. Stewards and the DQ process have been around for Lord knows how long.....they are not anywhere near the top of the list when it comes to the things killing this game (if indeed it is dying....that still remains to be seen).

The Bit
04-27-2008, 10:15 PM
We will have to agree to disagree. It is garbage.

Irish Boy
04-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Everything is the reason that horseracing is dying. Polytrack is killing it. So are questionable DQs. So are $4.00 hotdogs at the track, the paucity of roan-colored horses, too many turf races, not enough turf races, unpredictibility, small fields, takeout, breakage, the horsemen, the tracks, the jockeys, the stewards, the faulty teletimer equipment, and the woman in the gift shop at your favorite track with the lazy eye. You'd think with so many things killing thoroughbred racing that it'd just go ahead and die already.

cj's dad
04-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Everything is the reason that horseracing is dying. Polytrack is killing it. So are questionable DQs. So are $4.00 hotdogs at the track, the paucity of roan-colored horses, too many turf races, not enough turf races, unpredictibility, small fields, takeout, breakage, the horsemen, the tracks, the jockeys, the stewards, the faulty teletimer equipment, and the woman in the gift shop at your favorite track with the lazy eye. You'd think with so many things killing thoroughbred racing that it'd just go ahead and die already.

Great attitude- so why do you still wager?????

I'd rather not go to pro baseball/football games where the beers are 7+$ and the dogs are overpriced and watch a bunch of overpaid a-holes play a childs game and make millions and refuse to sign your kids scorecard; Cal Ripken and a few others were the EXCEPTION. Have you ever had a jock refuse to talk to you or REFUSE to sign a program??? If you are so against what is happening in the game then get out; there are others ways to spend your $$$$$$.

Irish Boy
04-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Sorry- that above post was tongue-in-cheek.

cj's dad
04-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Sorry- that above post was tongue-in-cheek.

Seemed well intentioned to me- welcome back.

jotb
04-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Great attitude- so why do you still wager?????

I'd rather not go to pro baseball/football games where the beers are 7+$ and the dogs are overpriced and watch a bunch of overpaid a-holes play a childs game and make millions and refuse to sign your kids scorecard; Cal Ripken and a few others were the EXCEPTION. Have you ever had a jock refuse to talk to you or REFUSE to sign a program??? If you are so against what is happening in the game then get out; there are others ways to spend your $$$$$$.

Hello Cj's dad:

I totally agree with you CJ. I sure miss the days when you could have went to a Yankee game and pay fifty cents if you wanted to sit in the bleachers and there were many times when it was a double header. It was hot but I was a kid and loved everything else about it. I was able to get autographs all the time especially after the players left the stadium. I refuse to go and spend a few hundred dollars today to watch these overpaid ball-players. I feel sorry for the young kids today. Imagine if you are a father that has 4 young boys and they all love baseball and want to go to the stadium. It has to cost about $500 if you have good seats for a 3 hour game. How many times can a father do this a year? I'm sorry to get off topic but I was just thinking about this the other day.

Best regards,
Joe

The Bit
04-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Your right, polytrack stinks too :bang: :p