PDA

View Full Version : Libya

OTM Al
04-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Remember our boogieman before Saddam was the boogieman? They've been in the news lately and I'm very surprised that none of our left leaning Bush bashers posted this. Its a little old, but I couldn't find anything newer on it.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2008-03-27-2450814691_x.htm

My favorite line in this is this: "We remain committed to helping American victims of terrorism obtain justice through fair compensation." No justice through holding the people responsible to account. The fact that we have all but forgotten about Bin Laden shows that all too well. Nope, the American dream is now justice through fair compensation.

That wasn't uttered by a Libyan by the way, it was by one of our own. Sounds like a great slogan for one of those ambulance chaser lawyer firms. You know, the ones that take 2/3s of the settlement before fees.

Energy is power in our modern world. The conflict of interest in our current administration in this area has bothered me for a very long time and this, I'm afraid, is simply par for the course. Could we use the resources here, sure. The income would make its way into the US and likely would do some good. Hell of a way to put a price on human life though. But then all we really want is justice through fair compensation.

jballscalls
04-24-2008, 09:40 AM
"Oh my god, i dont know how they found me" "Who?"" THE LIBYANS!!"---Dr. Emmitt L. Brown