PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Wagering Changes for 2008

csperberg
04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
I just got a mailer from Arlington today and it listed some wagering changes.

* Addition of Rolling Doubles-we will offer a Daily Double on every available race in 2008
*Superfecta Carryover-if there are no correct superfecta combinations on a race, 90% of the netpool will carryover to the next regularly scheduled superfecta.
*High-5 Wager-Arlington has initiated rule making with the Illinois Racing Board to allow us to offer this new bet later in the meet. It's a very easy bet, just pick the first 5 finishers (in order) on a designated race!
*Pick 6 minimum reduced to $1

I like the reduced Pick 6 wager and I like the superfecta carryover.

InsideThePylons-MW
04-23-2008, 09:46 PM
I like the superfecta carryover.

They have dime supers and they are advertising a c/o?

Are they joking?

joeya
04-23-2008, 10:31 PM
So they are going to roll the superfecta carryover from race to race? Interesting. But I agree that with a $0.10 minimum there won't be many carryovers.

phatbastard
04-23-2008, 11:28 PM
will they also be pushing lottery tickets?....lowering the muck is what is required, not more improbable plays with that ugly uncle waiting with his hand out.....when will they ever learn that it is the CHURN that drives their profits...

Irish Boy
04-24-2008, 02:34 AM
The rolling Daily Doubles are nice. I don't particularly do well with pick threes or fours, but daily doubles are more manageable and give a good chance for a good payout. I'm neutral on all the others.

jma
04-24-2008, 08:30 AM
The rolling Daily Doubles are nice. I don't particularly do well with pick threes or fours, but daily doubles are more manageable and give a good chance for a good payout. I'm neutral on all the others.

I like the rolling doubles too.

Bruddah
04-24-2008, 01:28 PM
I just got a mailer from Arlington today and it listed some wagering changes.

* Addition of Rolling Doubles-we will offer a Daily Double on every available race in 2008
*Superfecta Carryover-if there are no correct superfecta combinations on a race, 90% of the netpool will carryover to the next regularly scheduled superfecta.*High-5 Wager-Arlington has initiated rule making with the Illinois Racing Board to allow us to offer this new bet later in the meet. It's a very easy bet, just pick the first 5 finishers (in order) on a designated race!
*Pick 6 minimum reduced to $1

I like the reduced Pick 6 wager and I like the superfecta carryover.

If they have already taken their percentages from the original Superfecta Pool, creating a net pool, why do they need to deduct 10% more from the net pool, just to carry it over? This is a scam, if you ask me. Then the house has a vested interest in the Super not being hit and possibly fixing races. Bunch of Horse sh*t, if you ask me. :ThmbDown:

As Ricky Ricardo use to say to Lucy...This needs some Splaining...Looosie

cmoore
04-24-2008, 04:15 PM
So when a super pays 3-5-4-all. Instead of paying the skillfull one or handfull of tickets. They get screwed and it carrys over. Obviously they probably had a longshot on top and should get rewarded for having the first 3 spots instead of it carrying over. Just another way for the tracks to advertise another big carryover. Maybe they get to split the 10% of whats not carried over. Total stupidity.

Bruddah
04-25-2008, 01:11 AM
So when a super pays 3-5-4-all. Instead of paying the skillfull one or handfull of tickets. They get screwed and it carrys over. Obviously they probably had a longshot on top and should get rewarded for having the first 3 spots instead of it carrying over. Just another way for the tracks to advertise another big carryover. Maybe they get to split the 10% of whats not carried over. Total stupidity.

Why in the heck, would anyone play this bet and be ripped off. I am totally shocked that the handicappers on this board aren't up in arms. We bemoan the fact when Calder raises the take out. At least Calder had the juevos to do it openly. The above is cleverly a worded Smoke and Mirrors job to rob the carry over pools and give the house a vested interest in the outcome. And, not a word by our group of intelligencia. ARE WE NUTS to allow this quietly?

Let Churchill and Crapnet know we see through their robbery. (I have, with an email)
:bang:

Pace Cap'n
04-25-2008, 07:06 AM
When I read the OP, I just assumed the 10% would be paid out to the 3/4's. Are we sure this is not the case?

Cangamble
04-25-2008, 08:27 AM
When I read the OP, I just assumed the 10% would be paid out to the 3/4's. Are we sure this is not the case?
That is how I read it too.

Bruddah
04-25-2008, 11:33 AM

and therefore you can assume nothing. I prefer to see it in writing. To me, they are playing Smoke and Mirrors with the fund.

If a percentage of the fund is to be paid to those with 3 out of 4, it should so state and leave nothing for ASS-U-ME-ing. (JMHO)

csperberg
04-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Ok incase anybody still wanted to know where the remaining 10% of a super carrover will go here it is right from Arlington themselves. As you can see it will be going to consolation tickets. They also clarified that all the new wagers will start on opening day.

I would have posted it sooner but the email got stuck in my junk folder and didn't know it was there until today.

Subject: RE: Question about new wagering changes for 2008
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:41:47 -0400
To: "Calvin Sperberg" <csperberg@sbcglobal.net>

The 10% is paid as a consolation in the Super – there have been three-of-fours since the 10-cent minimum, but you are right in that it won’t happen too often,

The High-5 will actually now start on opening day – last race daily

The Pick Six reduced minimum also starts opening day.

BIG49010
04-29-2008, 03:51 AM
Must be anticipating a problem with horseman similar to Calder, and with small pool you might have to roll over :bang: :lol: