PDA

View Full Version : airlines stocks down

lamboguy
04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
37% across the board this week so far. i have never seen it where every airline looks like they are goign to all go bancrupt at once like right now. this is all due to the high cost of jetfuel.

government cannot allow all these guys to go belly up, they have in my mind 2 different options. 1. stop replenishing the starategic reserves (highly unlikely the way the world is today) 2. stregnthen the $ for at least a temporary phase.

option 2 is my choice, so if you think i am right you will know how to invest.

short the euro, short the bond, short gold and other commmodities

jballscalls
04-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Jim Cramer said never buy airline or auto stocks, so i listened!!

JustRalph
04-23-2008, 11:43 PM
government cannot allow all these guys to go belly up,

Bullshit, let the market take its course.

There is no reason to bail them out again. Flying has been way too cheap for way too long.

Fares should double and then the airlines can maybe get close to breaking even. We have been through this before with the airlines. We can get through it again. May only the strong survive!!

lamboguy
04-24-2008, 02:00 AM
if it was up to me i would let them belly up. republican presidents tend to bail out the business, chrysler in the 80's , certain banks in the nineties, and now again bear sterns this time around. the democrats are no better, they hand out money to individuals that went bad.. both do it to get votes in their own ways