PDA

View Full Version : 23Apr08Hol *** Selections ***

SRK
04-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Race 1

Two year olds bring up the curtain on the Hollywood Spring-Summer 2008 meet. Can’t draw a line thru any of these. J.P. Dupuis (4) debuts with good works, win-early breeding, and a trainer who often clicks with these. Mitchell and Bejarano team up on Let’spickupthepace (6) and therefore can’t be ignored. Seismometer (3) lugged in during his debut, but brings racing experience and decent works back to the track with him. Fil’s Regent (2) has been working well for his debut, and also is blessed with good genes. Trainer Stute is not known for his work with with firsters, however.

Good betting race.

Race 2

We’re all eager to see how the Hollywood Park track play, turf or AW. The second, a mile on the turf, features several stretch out sprinters and some early speed types. That, and the fact that the turf course was favoring off the pace types last year, point me towards Smooth Performer (6) who should be in the passing lane down the stretch. Bran Jammas (5) is one of those stretching out. Doesn’t need the lead, and gets a positive jock switch. Although Corey has been cold as of late, especially on the turf. I am betting against June My Love (4). No win trainer and no win horse. Using underneath in my exotics.

Race 3

Closers also faired well at 1 1/16 miles on the cushion track, and with morning line fave Kielbasa (4) and Army Officer (8) figuring to set a decent early pace, I’m going to pick Muscle ‘N Mane (6) to run them both down and take this. Muscle drops in class for this, gets a new rider, and continues to work well. Joining the frontrunners with an in-the-money shot is El Falcon (3) who graduated in his last, and is realistically placed by trainer Cerin in his first try against winners. Jockey Martin Garcia getting the mount adds to the appeal.

Race 4

Several ways you can turn in this full field of state-bred maiden claimers going 7 furlongs. How about the rail horse, Dead Heat (1) at 15-1, to pull the first real upset of the meet? Second lifetime start, gets the good rail, goes turf to AW, blinks on, new jock, training well. Not facing any future hall of famers. Why not? Big Bien (5) will also be a price, and has every right to move forward in his second start. Dr J.J. (3) is getting better with every start, and also goes turf to AW. Several more price horses could light up the tote and the exotics, amongst them Massive Attack (9) at 30-1, who shortens up, after a better than looked try routing over the turf in his debut, Youarefun (10) who could plod around for a piece of the pie, and, Otisisgold (4) who woke up in his last. Looks like a good spot to spread a little, and see if you can catch some lightening.

white lightning
04-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Hollywood race 3

#1 Nimas Pad . If he doesn't get into an early pace dual he should have enough left in the tank to wear down the rest of the early pace.

Burls
04-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Hollywood race 3

#1 Nimas Pad . If he doesn't get into an early pace dual he should have enough left in the tank to wear down the rest of the early pace.

Nice call.
To bad I didn't see that earlier.

white lightning
04-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Hollywood race 3

win $12.40 6.40 3.60

white lightning
04-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Hollywood race 4

#10 Youarefun should come home flying late . good connection here with jockey Talamo and trainer W. Currin . looks like a tuff race . Lets hope I'm right on the money !!!!

Burls
04-23-2008, 05:54 PM
HOL R4

1,3,10 EXB
1,10 W

white lightning
04-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Hollywood race 5
looks like the #2 ALBERTUS MAXIMUS is the main man here in this race . If anyone has a chance to beat him I'm going to give it to #3 NATIVE SUCCESS if he can get a nice easy lead without any pressure maybe he'll hold on. Lets see.

juanepstein
04-23-2008, 06:55 PM
hollywood 6th- wps- #4 glimmering pete
........................w- #11 lawbreaker

$1 tri

waaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzz uuuuuuuuuuuuuupaaaah!!!!!!

white lightning
04-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Hollywood race 6

#11 LAW BREAKER I think is the big player here but I also think he may be vulnerable

11 to win and i'm going to box the 11,5,2,1,7 for an exacta and tri box

waaaaaaazzzzzz uuuppppppppppp juanitooooooooooooo

juanepstein
04-23-2008, 07:02 PM
what up!

i dont know how many times i played that #9 headache on the turf sprints.

have no clue who the jock was so i stayed away.

grrrrr!:mad: