PDA

View Full Version : I'm winning!

dav4463
04-23-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm winning. I've been winning for a while now. I hit about 15% to win at solid odds and catch a few exactas and trifectas when my key horse(s) don't win, but run second or third.

Why can't I enjoy it?

I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out, but my bankroll has been growing since last October.

Should I stay worried or am I on to something? I keep thinking that this can't continue, yet I'm still winning!

It's fun, but I don't want to get over-confident.

My method (system) seems too simple. I do not play a horse that ranks in the top 4 last race Beyer figures. I find longshots with a chance (using my own method) and so far, so good. Can it continue?

cj
04-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Of course it can. Just keep monitoring and if you see a change, don't think it is random. The market adjusts...

JustRalph
04-23-2008, 08:33 AM
try this. When you get enough to take your winnings and buy something nice (a car works great) then everytime you use whatever you bought (a car works nice :lol: ) you really enjoy it............

Good for you!

jonnielu
04-23-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm winning. I've been winning for a while now. I hit about 15% to win at solid odds and catch a few exactas and trifectas when my key horse(s) don't win, but run second or third.

Why can't I enjoy it?

I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out, but my bankroll has been growing since last October.

Should I stay worried or am I on to something? I keep thinking that this can't continue, yet I'm still winning!

My method (system) seems too simple. I do not play a horse that ranks in the top 4 last race Beyer figures. I find longshots with a chance (using my own method) and so far, so good. Can it continue?

You are likely playing what I call the likely outsider, or that horse with the ability to win that is unseen or unnoticed by the public. Un-noticed by the public in general because the PP's are from ho-hum to outright negative.

Un-noticed by speed ratings, first because the past performances of this horse by nature slips undetected thru the cracks opened by the flaws inherent to time as it relates to horse racing. Second by a stable's knowledge of this and them taking advantage to mask a horses ability to run within a poor-looking performance. You will find that this horse's consistency will rival the favorites over generations back, you are insured that this situation will not soon change. Handicappers are trained to disregard this horse even if there is anything in the PP's that will raise their eyebrow. The continued success of this animal will always be blamed on some failure on the part of the ML choices, or a mythical track condition.

You sir, are to be commended for your intellectual departure from the everyday teachings of horse race analysis. In so doing, you have demonstrated bold thinking and the bravado to act upon the discoveries that come from such activity. You have broken the bounds. I rest assured that you will reap the rewards for many years to come.

Long, may you run. :ThmbUp:

jdl

Cangamble
04-23-2008, 09:13 AM
I've heard that a whale in California does very well too. His method is simple as well. He takes a black magic marker and blots out the horses most recent line...and then he does his handicapping.

BillW
04-23-2008, 09:14 AM
try this. When you get enough to take your winnings and buy something nice (a car works great) then everytime you use whatever you bought (a car works nice :lol: ) you really enjoy it............

Good for you!

Ralph,

Get in your damn car and start driving! :lol:

raybo
04-25-2008, 03:36 AM

Why can't I enjoy it?

You have a much better chance of producing a profit than players that don't wait for the odds to warrant risking their investment. In my opinion, when betting to win especially, you MUST consider your win % and only wager on your picks that exceed that win %. That way, in the long run, you end up getting all your losses back with your winners.