PDA

View Full Version : A few new ones from today in America

wonatthewire1
04-22-2008, 06:39 PM
We gotta get 'em from somewhere

http://tinyurl.com/4nlahl

and this could be a tough choice for more and more Americans as time wears on and they don't change their ways

http://tinyurl.com/4zrpu8

prospector
04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
back in the 60's a lot of the guys in the Marine Corp were given a choice of 4 years in the Corp or a few in prision...everyone i knew in Vietnam served with honor...they really were the baddest of the bad...talk about great liberty calls!

on the gas prices...why has no one else called for repeal of the Federal gas taxes like McCain? the biggest ripoff is the ethenol corn mess..worse than the oil companies.....go to Alaska for oil..eat the deer.

delayjf
04-22-2008, 07:45 PM
A part of me honestly suspects the ultra liberal left crowd doesn't want any practical solutions to the effects that the cost of oil is having on the economy. If they can bring this country to its Knees using oil, they will happily do it. Then the liberals can ride in on their white horse and save the US from the big bad oil companies.

46zilzal
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Stealing the resources of a sovereign country? What else is new.

46zilzal
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
http://www.counterpunch.org/brook04172003.html
Investigative journalist Jim Valette reflects on U.S. policy in Iraq: "Is this pursuit of oil or the pursuit of empire? ... Right now it's really two sides of the same coin." While it may seem that the U.S. empire is increasing its reach and strength with military victory in Iraq, it is also following in the footsteps of all other historical empires. Excessive military budgeting (equal to the rest of the world combined), rising deficits and debt (over $300 billion each year), imperial overstretch (U.S. military bases in over 100 countries), the disregard and disrespect of allies and others (including France, Germany, Russia, Japan, in addition to the UN and international law, while enraging world opinion) and outrageous arrogance (the many offensive words and deeds of Bush, Cheney, Powell, Rumsfeld, Rice, et al.) all lead to an unsustainable system that frays from the edges inward and rots from the top down.

46zilzal
04-22-2008, 08:05 PM
http://www.counterpunch.org/brook04172003.html
Investigative journalist Jim Valette reflects on U.S. policy in Iraq: "Is this pursuit of oil or the pursuit of empire? ... Right now it's really two sides of the same coin." While it may seem that the U.S. empire is increasing its reach and strength with military victory in Iraq, it is also following in the footsteps of all other historical empires. Excessive military budgeting (equal to the rest of the world combined), rising deficits and debt (over $300 billion each year), imperial overstretch (U.S. military bases in over 100 countries), the disregard and disrespect of allies and others (including France, Germany, Russia, Japan, in addition to the UN and international law, while enraging world opinion) and outrageous arrogance (the many offensive words and deeds of Bush, Cheney, Powell, Rumsfeld, Rice, et al.) all lead to an unsustainable system that frays from the edges inward and rots from the top down.

Around 1698, the famous Japanese Zen poet Basho wrote a time-honored haiku:

Summer grasses:
all that remains of great soldiers'
imperial dreams

Public health advocate Susan Clarke, though, recently adds:

Not even grasses remain
when toxic war waste undermines
their very nature

But at least the Bushies will get their oil fix. They-and we-need to kick the habit.

Tom
04-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Stealing the resources of a sovereign country? What else is new. BS. No one is stealing oil. Iraq is making billios of it.

JustRalph
04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
back in the 60's a lot of the guys in the Marine Corp were given a choice of 4 years in the Corp or a few in prision...everyone i knew in Vietnam served with honor...they really were the baddest of the bad...talk about great liberty calls!

on the gas prices...why has no one else called for repeal of the Federal gas taxes like McCain? the biggest ripoff is the ethenol corn mess..worse than the oil companies.....go to Alaska for oil..eat the deer.

Back in 1994 I did a plea deal agreement with an individual wherein we agreed to "continue" his cases until he graduated from Marine Corp Basic training. We had to talk to his recruiter etc. The Judge was receptive. He graduated and the last I heard he was serving honorably. I quit a year later, so who knows. It was common practice when I first became a cop in the early 80's. Saw it all the time.