PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Finger Lakes race 3?

kyle2227
04-21-2008, 02:15 PM
I see the two cross the finish line first but they put up the 6?? Any one know what happend here??? They took the 2 down???

fromtheroof
04-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Its a horrendous rule in NY, if a part of the entry is scratched after already being on the track, the other horse runs for purse money only, its a bs rule, screws me out of a nice pk4

toetoe
04-21-2008, 02:45 PM
At least they have one Anthony Calo.

One question. WHO wants it more ?

jeebus1083
04-21-2008, 02:52 PM
The rule is only stupid when the one half of the entry that you hate is scratched on-track and your superhorse that you originally liked wins by 10, but you get your measly refund.

However, The rule is a Godsend when the half of the entry that you absolutely loved gets scratched on-track and you're stuck with a mule who'd be 30-1 uncoupled. Trust me. If you were stuck with a hopeless longshot that you saw no hope in and were stuck with it, you'd want a refund.

Its a horrendous rule in NY, if a part of the entry is scratched after already being on the track, the other horse runs for purse money only, its a bs rule, screws me out of a nice pk4

fromtheroof
04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Ya it does you really good when your single in the pk4 is the 2 entry and your left with a 3-5 shot that runs last, you dont get a refund in the pk4

takeout
04-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Its a horrendous rule in NY,
“Horrendous” is right. I think entries are a bad invention to begin with and if they’re viewed as one betting interest then scratch the whole entry, not just part of it. Why should horses that can’t be bet on be allowed to affect the outcomes of races?

cnollfan
04-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Furthermore, if you look at the tote board the odds are blank for both halves of the entry, leading one to assume they are both scratched, which can drastically change the pace analysis of the race. There is no reason they can't put a "PMO" after the odds of the remaining part of the entry that is running for purse money only.