PDA

View Full Version : Pimlico

Tex9Down
04-20-2008, 05:56 PM
My wife and I drove up to Pimlico yesterday to watch the races. We had never been there before. Wow, that's an old track. The neighborhood is not the best and the facilities are ancient. However it was clean, plenty of friendly service and lots of betting windows. There was not a big crowd and we had a great time. Our betting was not the best but we hit three of the four stakes races.

bane
04-24-2008, 11:04 AM
3 ut of 4 stakes?!? Is Old Hilltop trying to copy Keeneland's short meet by adding more stakes now and bettor undercards?

Marshall Bennett
04-24-2008, 12:26 PM
At least they don't use a fake surface . :cool:

bane
04-24-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm not a fan of many synthetic courses but, having worked with Polytrack, I love Polytrack. Not saying every track should have it (not at all) but I'm a firm believer in that all Year Round Tracks or Winter tracks from the Ohio River up should have them, this includes Aquaducts inner circle.

SmartyParty
04-24-2008, 11:24 PM
I just returned from my first trip to Pimlico, and I am so glad that I went! There were quite a few people on Opening Day, actually more than the next Saturday with its four stakes races. Not one horse got hurt in my three days there which is always a plus. Everything was spotless and everyone was very friendly. And there were quite a few young people there. I zipped around and met Jeremy Rose, Mario Pino, and Rosie Naprovnik. Fun! Dave Rodman, the track announcer was friendly. So was Mike Gathagan, the publicity guy. So was the security guy. These people love racing. Now they just need slots to pass so they can compete.

To everyone who gave me GREAT advice, thank you so much. Baltimore is a very fun city, and I even survived driving in it. I'll be back!