PDA

View Full Version : Dan Pope's latest offering

Tom Barrister
04-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Dan Pope has a brand new two-rule surefire system with an ROI of 1.30. According to Mr. Pope, it's "absolutely guaranteed", because he paid a friend "in the business" $1,000 to plug it into a "large database" and the 1,000 race sample verified it. Mr. Pope says that one can make $3,600 a month by using this "totally mechanical" system and betting a mere $20 a race. As an incentive, those who order will get the customary choice of a "bonus item", which is undoubetedly as useful as the one they're shelling out $35 for.

As is his custom, Mr. Pope has also come up with another four spectacular methods (for $20 each), including one for shippers which hits 70% winners and another with a win percentage of 15%, and an ROI of 3.15 (meaning the mean mutuel is $42).

Don't be left out. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure I really understand why this thread was created.

If you feel the man or his methods are worthless, why bother with the sarcasm? All it does is provide free advertising for the guy....

Doug3312
04-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Where can you find his stuff at?

Kelso
04-20-2008, 02:19 PM

I think I saw him on that website for African diplomats; the one where ya just have to send 'em a couple grand to show your good faith and they'll give ya a big commission when you help 'em move a few mil outta their countries. (Or maybe it was that "guaranteed extra six inches" site.)

Overlay
04-20-2008, 02:29 PM
The only places I've ever seen his stuff have been in his own mailings and in used book stores. As far as I know, he doesn't have a web site, and his titles aren't distributed through any other outlets that I'm aware of.

Tom
04-20-2008, 02:51 PM
He is in NY today, at Yankee Stadium. Run over and see if he has a copy on him.

:D

trying2win
04-20-2008, 09:00 PM

Doug:

You can find a couple of Dan Pope books for sale at George Kaywood's website at www.handicapping.com (http://www.handicapping.com/) ...On the home page, scroll down the menu on the left-hand side until you arrive at the 'BOOK STORE' section, and click on the line 'BOOKS, METHODS & INFO'.

If anyone else is interested, there are lots of handicapping and other horse racing articles at this website too.

T2W

Tom Barrister
04-20-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm not sure I really understand why this thread was created.

If you feel the man or his methods are worthless, why bother with the sarcasm? All it does is provide free advertising for the guy....

So you're saying I shouldn't post?

The last time I claimed that somebody's offerings were worthless, medicine-man junk, I got criticized for making claims that I couldn't prove.

I can't prove that they're worthless, because it's POSSIBLE that he found a simple mechanical two-rule Magic Yum Yum tree that has an ROI of 1.30 and will make 180 units a month profit.

I highly doubt it, and I worded my post accordingly, without saying flat-out that he's a scammer or at least horribly deluded. I certainly didn't praise the man's offerings. If I'm now getting criticized for doing it this way, then I'm afraid I don't know what to do, other than not post at all. Anybody who buys from Dan Pope based on my post will eventually find something else equally useful/worthless somewhere else.

GameTheory
04-21-2008, 01:23 AM
If I'm now getting criticized for doing it this way, then I'm afraid I don't know what to do, other than not post at all.That's the question. Why are you posting at all about this?

timtam
04-21-2008, 01:29 AM
I get plenty of email advertisements from Dan Pope. It just drives me crazy

when he is offering a sure fire system and then the stuff he sends out all

is loaded with $25 for this method $20 for that one. He had money

management methods for each system. One time I emailed him and asked

why couldn't you use the Collosal Cash Plan with another selection method

and he said one was for short priced winners and another for mid size prices.

Come on Dan who are ya kidding ? Every now and then he offers selections

for upcoming racing dates but the form he uses is snail mail so I'm not sure

your check would clear before race time. Its just a strange way of doing

business. I bought some of his stuff in the mid 80's and I think he's still

pushing this same stuff.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2008, 01:32 AM
So you're saying I shouldn't post?No. But, you posted a thread, and I replied. Are you saying I shouldn't reply?

LottaKash
04-21-2008, 02:33 AM
I get plenty of email advertisements from Dan Pope. It just drives me crazy

when he is offering a sure fire system and then the stuff he sends out all

is loaded with $25 for this method $20 for that one. He had money

management methods for each system. One time I emailed him and asked

why couldn't you use the Collosal Cash Plan with another selection method

and he said one was for short priced winners and another for mid size prices.

Come on Dan who are ya kidding ? Every now and then he offers selections

for upcoming racing dates but the form he uses is snail mail so I'm not sure

your check would clear before race time. Its just a strange way of doing

business. I bought some of his stuff in the mid 80's and I think he's still

pushing this same stuff.

Me too, I bought some of his nonsense way back when.... I forget what it was........all I know is that, whatever it was, I never used it........How gullable and naive I was back then, still gullable now just not naive......haha...

socantra
04-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I believe he's based out of Tulsa these days. Dan Pope is an old time system seller whose only internet presence seems to be a netzero email address.

I don't believe I've ever bought anything from Dan. I will credit him the fact that he was one of the few who emailed me first to ask if I minded receiving his offers.

I don't know if he stops if you say no, because I said to send them on, but I can't recall anyone else ever asking.

SMOO
04-24-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm friends with the President
I'm friends with the Pope
We're all making a fortune
Selling Daddy's dope

joeyspicks
04-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Selling Daddy's dope

WTF?

??

????

ok

back to our regular scheduled program:

Dan's stuff speaks for itself. Unbelievable claims, easy money, guarantees of profits, all in a $40 "system".

Really? Buyer beware.

Or even better dont be a buyer!

Bill Olmsted
04-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Dan Pope's methods work just as well as any of the others including the Sartin stuff.

Tom
04-27-2008, 06:09 PM
You've tested both?

Bill Olmsted
04-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Tested. And Re-tested.

BeatTheChalk
04-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Tested. And Re-tested.

When I was marketing systems .. I talked to Brother Pope. Wanted to trade
names etc. We never did .. but he is one of theee last system sellers ..from
the old school :jump: :D
And I will admit I have never checked his systems. So ..please name a few
of the zillions he has sold in the past... that actually have a chance to work.

Wickel
04-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Dan Pope's methods work just as well as any of the others including the Sartin stuff.

You mean John Meyer's stuff!!!!

Light
04-28-2008, 03:59 PM
please name a few
of the zillions he has sold in the past... that actually have a chance to work.

I obtained his "million dollar move" system years ago. I'd say its a rip off of the original 'pace makes the race" book (Huey Mahl) but was very specific as to what to look for in a running line in order to qualify for a bet. Its definetly a good angle but I think good cappers can recognize such a line without buying the system. Its also reffered to in comments by the drf. They just call it something else. Not worth paying for something thats common knowledge put into different words.

dav4463
04-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Selling Daddy's dope

Is that from a song? It sounds familiar.......Dead Kennedys maybe?

ryesteve
04-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Is that from a song? It sounds familiar.......Dead Kennedys maybe?
Ramones...