PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day

Tom
04-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Finger LAkes opens today, and for the first time in over 30 yeears, I will not be attending the first day of racing.
I can't bet FL on line, I can't watch races on line, so I figure, why the hell should I support FL in any way?

I will not. Buh-bye
Funny, DRF dropped FL from it's winner books tracsk - it still carries little insignificant tracks that run 5 days a year.

I seriously have to wonder just how much of a moron you have to be to get jobs in this industry. The entire horse racing philsopy is geared to piss of the fans and limit growth of the industry.

It is working. This game really does suck. Big time.

Kelso
04-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I can't bet FL on line, I can't watch races on line

What/why/how happened here? First I've heard of limiting online access. I see TwinSpires has them on their home page schedule today.

Premier Turf Club
04-19-2008, 02:39 PM
What/why/how happened here? First I've heard of limiting online access. I see TwinSpires has them on their home page schedule today.

PTC is thrilled to have FL as a new track partner.

cj
04-19-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm sure they will be back in Simulcast Daily Winner's book section. I'll see what is going on with that.

Greyfox
04-19-2008, 03:02 PM
First of all Tom, a man should never cut off his nose to spite his face.
Are you sure that this decision is the one you really want to make?

Secondly, I admire your stand. :ThmbUp: However, I think that your points in this column should be e mailed to several directors at Finger Lakes. You're the man whou should contact them. Also, mention the current message board is discussing their stupidity.

I don't play Finger Lakes, but it's your home base. Think about it.

ENOTE96
04-19-2008, 03:04 PM
CBSSPORTSLINE.COM HAS IT

Tom
04-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I live in NY - can't watch or wager on any NY track. If you live outside NY ( in which case you are truly blessed :rolleyes:) you can bet it.

I suspect they think tht if we can't access it on the web, we will actually go the track. Not gonna happen. I live 7 miles from FL and that ??? mystery track 46 posted a photo of has a better shot of geting my admission dollar.

I sent DRF an email about the winners Book - I think they are loking for someone on staff who can read now.:lol:

ENOTE96
04-19-2008, 04:17 PM
OTB DIAL-A-BET

Tom
04-19-2008, 04:39 PM
OTB is like kissing your sister.....NEVER patronize those incomeptent leeches.
They have never contribuited thinkg one to racing and charge a surcharge for winning, and then lose money! They are the clown of gambling.

Supporting OTB is sacreligous. I prefer not ever bet rather than support OTB.

toetoe
04-19-2008, 04:44 PM
My digital sister-track. :kiss:

Indulto
04-19-2008, 05:30 PM
My digital sister-track. :kiss:Toe Marshes.
Toe Marshes.
I'll bet you, Toe Marshes.
You're only a play away.

The Hawk
04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Finger LAkes opens today, and for the first time in over 30 yeears, I will not be attending the first day of racing.
I can't bet FL on line, I can't watch races on line, so I figure, why the hell should I support FL in any way?

I will not. Buh-bye
Funny, DRF dropped FL from it's winner books tracsk - it still carries little insignificant tracks that run 5 days a year.

I seriously have to wonder just how much of a moron you have to be to get jobs in this industry. The entire horse racing philsopy is geared to piss of the fans and limit growth of the industry.

It is working. This game really does suck. Big time.

DRF will have Winner's Books for FL once they actually start running races. It should be in there this week.

Tom
04-20-2008, 12:15 AM
It has been in there most of the off season. They area suppossed to have a full year's worth. I was going to update my DB with last Nov-Dev figs.....foolish me, thinking they would actually have on line what they advertised when I signed up for the service. Like when I bought a PDF/FORM file today, why did I everhtink I would get BOTH, and just the PDF file like really happened. I rarely deal withi DRF, and this is why - THEY SUCK! They have institutionalized incompetance.

cj
04-20-2008, 12:17 AM
DRF will have Winner's Books for FL once they actually start running races. It should be in there this week.

They are working on it. All tracks are supposed to be there all the time.

Tom
04-20-2008, 12:18 AM
It has been in there most of the off season. They area suppossed to have a full year's worth. I was going to update my DB with last Nov-Dev figs.....foolish me, thinking they would actually have on line what they advertised when I signed up for the service. Like when I bought a PDF/FORM file today, why did I everhtink I would get BOTH, and just the PDF file like really happened. I rarely deal withi DRF, and this is why - THEY SUCK! They have institutionalized incompetance.

Ruuidoso is in WB, no races sonce September, Timonium, Solano.......

cj
04-20-2008, 07:48 AM
It is back in Simulcast Daily.

The Hawk
04-20-2008, 09:33 AM
My apologies, I thought you were referring to the print edition.

Tom
04-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks, CJ, and Hawk, I should have been more specific..sorry.