PDA

View Full Version : PTC - Emerald Downs

Premier Turf Club
04-18-2008, 06:03 PM
We are pleased to welcome Emerald Downs as a new track partner and wish them all the best as they kickoff their meet this evening.

Ian

Jeff P
04-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Simply Awesome Ian!

Keep the momentum rolling.

-jp

NoCal Boy
04-18-2008, 06:13 PM
great job. looks like TVG is willing to work with you guys. now if only tracknet....

NoCal Boy
04-18-2008, 06:26 PM
anything of significance here?

http://www.in-forum.com/News/articles/198130

Premier Turf Club
04-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Heather Benson is a very nice young woman that runs the Fargo Horse Park, PTC's deisgnated charity. She's been there about 2 months and has become active quickly. She (and others) were in front of the ND Legislature the other day telling them that if PTC and Lien Games don't succeed in acquiring signals, live racing in ND would fail. PTC and Lien provide the bulk of the funding that goes for the live meet. Our contribution over the past 9 months has been about $500,000.

You'd think we'd get some credit from the tracks and the horsemen for that considering the off-shores don't contribute one cent.

DeanT
04-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Congrats once again. Soon, Saratoga. I can feel it :)

Well done.

boomman
04-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Congratulations Ian! PTC keeps on adding tracks, while other entities within our industry continue to bicker........hmmm GO FIGURE! ;)

Boomer

facorsig
04-19-2008, 02:23 AM
I used to play a lot of EmD races and am exicted to see them as part of the PTC menu of offerings. I have a new problem that there are so many PTC thoroughbred tracks on a given day that my screen needs to scroll right to see them all. Would it be possible to reconfigure the wagering screen to show two rows when we are playing more than eight or so tracks?

trying2win
04-20-2008, 02:50 AM
I used to play a lot of EmD races and am exicted to see them as part of the PTC menu of offerings. I have a new problem that there are so many PTC thoroughbred tracks on a given day that my screen needs to scroll right to see them all. Would it be possible to reconfigure the wagering screen to show two rows when we are playing more than eight or so tracks?

Facorsig:

Try the BETBUILDER page at the PTC site. The racetracks are listed vertically, and in my opinion a much nicer page to navigate through.

T2W

richrosa
04-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Facorsig:

Try the BETBUILDER page at the PTC site. The racetracks are listed vertically, and in my opinion a much nicer page to navigate through.

T2W

Betbuilder might be the finest wagering screen ever devised. I can create complex superfecta tickets in mere seconds. My multi-race bets too. In my opinion it is far faster and far superior to the YouBet screens, the old standard. Plus it works on any web browser, even my portable Nokia n800 twelve ounce computer that I use at the track and the OTB.

stuball
04-20-2008, 09:55 AM
How is the video partof the plan coming along....I realize
your plate is very full with all the additions. Would like to
drop the twinspires shortcut off my desktop but still need them for video.... :lol: Great job you guys are doing...

Stuball

Premier Turf Club
04-20-2008, 05:04 PM

We're working on a redesign but I'm not sure we're going to be able to split into two rows. As stated previous, Bet Builder shows all the tracks vertically.

We get a lot of question on video and I wish I could give a better answer. Video is very expensive to distribute, especially if we buy it (as opposed to downlinking and converting). I don't know how we are going to reconcile that with cash rewards, but we keep crunching the numbers to come up with a solution.

facorsig
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I find there are enough video outlet alternatives that it is not important for PTC to provide video.

Cangamble
04-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I find there are enough video outlet alternatives that it is not important for PTC to provide video.
I agree. Not necessary.

prospector
04-22-2008, 03:50 PM
i used to use brisbet...till they told me i only bet $4000 for the year and need to get my bets up or no more free video...i was with brisbet since they used to fax the programs to you...the hell with them...i found out i can live without video just fine..its only the results i need..

cj's dad
04-22-2008, 04:31 PM
i used to use brisbet...till they told me i only bet $4000 for the year and need to get my bets up or no more free video...i was with brisbet since they used to fax the programs to you...the hell with them...i found out i can live without video just fine..its only the results i need..

Just an FYI, TVG charges a maximum of $5.95 per month IF you don't wager at least $200 per month.