PDA

View Full Version : Ohio HBPA authorize THG to negotiate with ADW's

NoCal Boy
04-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Add Ohio to the list and Thisteldowns as the newest track to be involved with the ADW issues.

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2008/April/18/Thoroughbred-Horsemen-Group-to-negotiate-for-Ohio-horsemen.aspx

alydar
04-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Don't think that they are in teh strongest position.

Who really would miss Ohio racing?

Have you seen the purses they are racing for at Beulah lately?

startngate
04-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Not a surprise ... the guy that heads up the THG was basically doing the same thing for the Ohio HBPA previously.

Alydar's correct .... a couple years back the Ohio HBPA cut off AmericaTab, and if AmericaTab (which was actually owned by two of the Ohio tracks at the time) dropped them then, I'm sure no one else will care now either.

NoCal Boy
04-18-2008, 05:49 PM
The issue is not who cares about Thistledowns, but the fact the OHIO HBPA has nowsigned on with THG to negotiate ADW contracts. TVG will simply bundle all of these tracks together as one. I highly doubt the THG will work a deal with Calder/Tracknet that is different in scope than Lone Star or Thistledowns. You have to look at the bigger picture. The more groups that engage THG to negotiate for them, the more power THG has in negotiating with Tracknet et al.

Thistledowns, Lone Star, Calder by themselves are not that great of a deal, but bundle them up with others and it hurts Tracknet. Especially if Kentucky does the same thing.

I received an e-mail from the Texas horsemen a few moments ago and they referred to the impasse over sending the signals to 4 ADW's. Are they truly trying to get the Lone Star signal sent to TVG and Youbet as well? It appears they want open access plus better pricing. Calder opens on Monday so we will see.

Kelso
04-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Ohio horsemen. Oh yeah, that's a bright bunch.