PDA

View Full Version : Who knows their racing devices

Handiman
04-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi guys,

Sitting here in Las Vegas and went and shot the bull with Howard at GBC yesterday. I really get a kick out of him.

Anyway, I never go there without spending time in the Vault. The back section of the book store. I came across a device that I'm curios about. Natually I bought it, but what I am looking for is some real handicapping officianado(sp)
that can tell me how this is supposed to work. Or that might have some knowledge of it.
It's a slide rule device called 'Edward's "MINIT" HANDICAPPER. It has a 1959 copyright on it and was made in chicago Ill.

There you go. Please dazzle me with your knowledge and enlighten me please as to it's use.

Regards,
Handiman

misscashalot
04-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi guys,

Sitting here in Las Vegas and went and shot the bull with Howard at GBC yesterday. I really get a kick out of him.

Anyway, I never go there without spending time in the Vault. The back section of the book store. I came across a device that I'm curios about. Natually I bought it, but what I am looking for is some real handicapping officianado(sp)
that can tell me how this is supposed to work. Or that might have some knowledge of it.
It's a slide rule device called 'Edward's "MINIT" HANDICAPPER. It has a 1959 copyright on it and was made in chicago Ill.

There you go. Please dazzle me with your knowledge and enlighten me please as to it's use.

Regards,
Handiman

Yeah Howards quite a character, but a little too volitile for me.

cnollfan
04-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Probably not the same thing, but I know of the Kel-Co Class Calculator, which was also a slide-rule device. It boiled down to computing the purses each horse had been running for by giving him 6 points for a win, 2 points for a place and 1 point for a show and dividing the total into money won.

Handiman
04-19-2008, 12:04 AM
It's not. But while I was there in the back room, I stumbled upon a kel-co trotter slide rule calculator. Almost bought it just to have it, but I don't play the trotters, so thought someone else would enjoy owning it more than I would. It was in great shape.

Handi

mrroyboy
04-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Kelco class calculator is for thoroughbreds. I bought one back in the 70's and it did pick some nice priced winners.