PDA

View Full Version : Changing Primary Software Tool

facorsig
04-18-2008, 01:38 AM
I have been using software for more than 10 years now. I changed once, two years ago, from All In One to HSH. To say I am happy with the change, would be an understatement. Initially, I was reluctant to make the change, but the power of HSH really suited my needs as I like to customize analysis rather than receive canned analysis.

For some reason, I am noticing a number of people changing software at this time. For example, I see quite a few new HSH users. I am curious how many times others have changed their primary handicapping software (the poll) and more importantly if they could post why they have changed.

I am not considering to change, but would be curious if others see value in "trying them all", stay with one, or change in the event of certain drivers (as was my case).

Fred

ryesteve
04-18-2008, 07:18 AM
I am not considering to change, but would be curious if others see value in "trying them all"
That's different than "changing". I think many people have tried other software without ever ultimately changing the one they use.

njcurveball
04-18-2008, 01:51 PM
I think we all should be happy with the fact that a single piece of software, no matter how good, will never have everyone embrace it in a pari-mutuel game.

Trying multiple "brands" is a good thing to do to see what one is a good match for your own handicapping style.

But you have to come to the table with an idea of how you handicap and what information drives your decisions. Many people simply read of one persons success and assume they will buy the program and have the same success.

Dave is a great guy and HSH is a great product, looks like you found the right fit. :ThmbUp:

pktruckdriver
04-19-2008, 02:42 PM
I too am new here, much better, and software is plentiful around here, I am going to try them all until I find the 1 or 2 that works best for me, and that may take me sometime to do as the circumstances for my playing time is limited now, but the passion to play is stronger each and everyday.

But I would be surprised if the 1st software program someone tried was just what they were looking for, those odds are too long for me to bet on, yes sir.

Just my 2cents worth.

Patrick

thelyingthief
04-21-2008, 09:53 AM
i hope everyone uses the same software. that way, i can easily determine the source of odds, and make adjustments accordingly.

please, everyone buy _____________ (insert your favorite), and do it quickly.

tlt

Dave Schwartz
05-05-2008, 12:11 AM
i can easily determine the source of odds

Oh, please xplain how you would accomplish that.

gopony
05-05-2008, 04:09 AM
I sometimes use Beyers numbers and compare them to odds. In some cases I see races where the speed figure is the only thing that supports those odds. If I see this trend then I can usually ignore a horse with lower odds, because I speculate that betters are looking only at the speed figures.
This is the same way I would handle a popular program. If enough people were using it and I found a fault with the program handling certain cases such as sloppy, muddy, .....
then I could speculate that money was being bet on horses by players that didn't know or were to lazy to look at the results of the program and compare it to PP and current track conditions.
So far my biggest money has been made when track conditions change and it appears that the money bet on horses isn't considering this.
Also some of my biggest losses came from not knowing the current track conditions (lesson I learned the hard way (Yeah, I know, how stupid could he be, but it was a great way to kill time travelling, took me 3 or 4 races to figure out what was wrong:bang:)).

matthewsiv
05-07-2008, 11:38 AM
What is HSH?

BillW
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
What is HSH?

http://www.horsestreet.com/

matthewsiv
05-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Many thanks