PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Someone Please Explain!!

Observer
03-30-2001, 01:40 AM
I find this completely obsurd. Please compare the following:

NTRA Thoroughbred Poll
1. Captain Steve
2. Tiznow
3. Kona Gold
4. Albert the Great
5. Wooden Phone
6. Point Given
7. Golden Ballet
8. Monarchos
9. Heritage of Gold
10. Perfect Sting
Others receiving votes: Sir Bear, Caller One, Spain, Beautiful Pleasure, Include, Bienamado, Hallowed Dreams, Subtle Power, John's Call, Innuendo, Tijyr, Surfside, Chilukki, Dollar Bill, Lu Ravi, Istintaj, Outofthebox, Spook Express.

NTRA 3yo Poll
1. Point Given
2. Monarchos
3. Dollar Bill
4. Millennium Wind
5. Hero's Tribute
6. Street Cry
7. Outofthebox
8. A P Valentine
9. Golden Ballet
10. Fifty Stars

****Only three 3yos cracked the top 10 on the general Thoroughbred Poll. Someone please explain to me how it is possible that Golden Ballet can rank 7th, right behind Point Given and AHEAD of Monarchos on the general thoroughbred poll, but yet voting from the same people for strictly 3yos sees her ranked 9th!! behind horses that weren't even "other horses receiving votes" on the general horse list, while Point Given and Monarchos come in 1, 2 among 3yos. This is completely outrageous and ruins any credibility for these polls. Also note, #7 on the 3yo poll, Outofthebox is an "other" on the general poll, beating out Millennium Wind, Hero's Tribute and Street Cry who aren't mentioned on the general list, but are ranked 4th, 5th and 6th respectively on the 3yo poll!

My other complaint is that horses are being ranked among the best even though they haven't started yet this year. Why should a horse be considered for any kind of honor if it hasn't run yet??? We don't consider horses from other countries for our year-end awards until they have at least one race in this country, no matter what they do all year long anywhere else but the U.S. So why should horses that have no starts be considered for these polls??

This just goes to show the considerable inconsistency from some of the people who are relied upon to cast votes at the end of the year for the Eclipse Awards!

:(

Whitehos
03-30-2001, 10:31 AM
Calm down girl.
These polls are like dog shows. "Only the people I like win"
Whitehos

Observer
03-30-2001, 12:14 PM
Whitehos,

I'm calm, just having some fun over a ridiculous situation and wanted to use this public forum to voice my astonishment (even though it doesn't really surprise me)!
:)