PDA

View Full Version : Turf Breeding Question

toetoe
04-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Can anyone give me stats for first time turf, for offspring of Snuck In ?

Just curious, looking at Summer Party Girl in GP's 6th on Friday. 8/1 morning line, but probable to go off much higher.

russowen77
04-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't have a his exact stats but his TSN Turf ratings is a C. AWD is 6.5f.

cmoore
04-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Can anyone give me stats for first time turf, for offspring of Snuck In ?

Just curious, looking at Summer Party Girl in GP's 6th on Friday. 8/1 morning line, but probable to go off much higher.

Here's Gulfstreams sire reports for Friday
http://www.breedingwinners.com/reports/gp0417.PDF

This link explains it all
http://www.breedingwinners.com/UnderstandingSireStatistics.PDF

njcurveball
04-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Good news / bad news on that horse

Sire is 9% out of 137 starts, but the dam side is 0 for 33. It has an HTR Ped rating of 194 (very low).

However, the trainer is DYN-O-MITE and 3 for 13 with a double your money ROI with first time turfers.

Lots of people say the foot structure is more important than breeding. So Kurt must see a big turf foot on this one.

HTR has it listed as a $$ play, which is a very good sign on turf.

Ditch breeding and trust the trainer? Embrace breeding and toss the horse?

Is this a tough game or what? :confused:

46zilzal
04-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Ditch breeding and trust the trainer? Embrace breeding and toss the horse?

Is this a tough game or what? :confused:
No, wait to see what the INDIVIDUAL, and not a theoretical database, can do.

cmoore
04-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Snuck In more of a sprint sire. Only 9 turf winners produced in the last 3 years. Distance for that race ..0 for 9..

The trainer is 0 for 41 last 3 years on the turf for 1st time starters in that type of race.

toetoe
04-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the response. I don't plan to make this a habit. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
04-18-2008, 04:42 AM
No, wait to see what the INDIVIDUAL, and not a theoretical database, can do.

What the hell does that mean?

46zilzal
04-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Many a database theoretical turfer, i.e. the son of Palace Music, did not take to turf. Others without the turf pedigree that a database might suggest, the son of Old Bob Bowers for example, did. One deals better with the exploits of the real individual in front of them rather than the theoretical and much flawed projection of a database.

headhawg
04-18-2008, 11:49 AM
No, wait to see what the INDIVIDUAL, and not a theoretical database, can do.Hard to bet on a first-time turfer that way, isn't it?

46zilzal
04-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Hard to bet on a first-time turfer that way, isn't it?
Of course and that's why they would never get my money guessing with so little information. Not any better wagering on a 4.5 furlong baby race. Theoretical doesn't cut it ever.

Tom
04-18-2008, 12:53 PM
When you records tell you are making money, it is crazy to not bet. The whole idead behind a first time turfer is bet catch it before the crowd knows about it. Tough to catch a first time turfer after he has already won on the grass.:lol: The profits come the first time they do it, not the second.

The whole idea behind the database is to know which ones win enough and pay enough to make it worth a bet. And that's the bottom line.

russowen77
04-18-2008, 03:06 PM
When you records tell you are making money, it is crazy to not bet. The whole idead behind a first time turfer is bet catch it before the crowd knows about it. Tough to catch a first time turfer after he has already won on the grass.:lol: The profits come the first time they do it, not the second.

The whole idea behind the database is to know which ones win enough and pay enough to make it worth a bet. And that's the bottom line.

They have been some of my biggest scores. Especially if the horse has turf breeding that is not readily apparent and a semi decent trainer. Not just wins but they have gotten into a lot of exactas.

Two turf sprint sires that are now well know were flat studs for me until the public became aware. In Excess and Unusual Heat.

Turf sprints were the only ones I played. The longer races still elude me for the most part.

overunder
04-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Kirk Ziadie strikes again!
Well done toetoe!

toetoe
04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
And $32 !! :eek:

I pray SOMEBODY is profiting from these (I'm also selfishly counting Say Karakorum Sandy --- $8.10 --- at Aqueduct). Aw, shucks. :blush: