will most likely go to the Derby.

http://www.fullcardreports.com/CAP/08-coolmore-lexington.asp

Bruddah
04-17-2008, 10:54 AM
In my coloquial speak. "You nailed it Bruddah". :ThmbUp:

Mr. Nobody
04-17-2008, 12:05 PM
My thoughts:

Atoned ran two really good better-than-looked races in the Remson and Tampa Derby, but was a huge disappointment at Hawthorne. I don't regard the slow pace as an excuse since when he was asked on the turn he had no real response and actually lost ground from the stretch call to the wire. I like the horse but can't take him coming back in two weeks off such a dull effort as probable favorite or second favorite here.

I never liked Salute the Sarge much as a two-year-old, regarding him as a hard trier of modest talents. Against my better judgement, I actually bet him at a seemingly overlaid 3/1 in the San Miguel because he looked so good on the track and seemed to have the right running style for the probable pace scenario. He won, but failed to impress. Picking up the pieces after a pace meltdown, he really should have won by five lengths if he was any good, but just sort of clumped home by 2. He's a short-striding horse who seems best suited to one turn.

Racecar Rhapsody is mildly interesting here. He's won over the Keeneland Polylitter, and his maiden debut on 7 October was frankly amazing, when he finished second after getting left at the gate. Unfortunately, he hasn't done too much subsequently. His race in the Lane's End was better-than-looked, though, as he made a premature move on the rail into a slow pace. Could move forward second of the layoff.

Behindatthebar is a bigtime talent. He demolished Tiz West in his maiden-breaker and that one went on to win his next two including a stakes on the grass last weekend. The allowance win last out was super good as well. I have to regard him as the most talented horse in the race unless Atoned can rebound.

Tomcito, the Peruvian Plodder looks like an underlay here. If he beats me, so be it, but I'm willing to let others build castles in the air over the Mystery Horse.

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Grade 2 Coolmore Lexington Detailed Analysis - Winner

will most likely go to the Derby.

http://www.fullcardreports.com/CAP/08-coolmore-lexington.asp
If one runs a commercial site, and one posts a thread containing nothing more than a link to that commercial site on PaceAdvantage.com (even though said link contains free material), it would be nice to see a reciprocating link to PaceAdvantage.com appear on that commercial site....

I am of course assuming that x-file has a commercial interest in fullcardreports, which I believe is a safe assumption at this point.