PDA

View Full Version : Bridgmohan loses ride on Pyro?

JustRalph
04-17-2008, 02:23 AM
I just saw that J. Piesan says Garrett Gomez will be riding Pyro in the Derby?

Anybody else have info on this?

Some interesting stuff in the article. Including Jockey fights :ThmbUp: :lol:

http://www.johnpiesen.com/index.asp?id=12

Oddzilla
04-17-2008, 02:32 AM
Bloodhorse just reported on April 16 that Gomez will stay on Court Vision in the Derby:
http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44633

lamboguy
04-17-2008, 03:54 AM
no way do they take bridgemohan off of future kentucky derby winner pyro

Pace Cap'n
04-17-2008, 06:51 AM

An interesting article on a number of levels...

Jockey Bailey was my special guest, and he was greeted with a thunderous reception.

I had asked the people to please refrain from asking Jerry about his role in the 2004 Belmont Stakes, and thankfully they complied.

ryesteve
04-17-2008, 09:10 AM
I hope it's true. It's a lot easier to switch riders after a horse runs a poor race that the jockey had nothing to do with, than it is to switch riders after a couple of winning races in which the horse got terrible rides.

boomman
04-17-2008, 11:46 AM

Ralph: I found it interesting in a recent Arkansas Democrat article that Bridgmohan was being asked about the success he and Asmussen had had together, and when he was asked about how it was working for Asmussen (who has a legendary temper:mad: ) his response was "He's Unique"! I'll bet!!:D :D

Boomer

russowen77
04-17-2008, 11:58 AM
I was at OP the day they switched riders on Afleet Alex. He didn't run a lick. The only race he didn't. That little jewel always tried except for that one race.

I actually had a nice little payday because of it after watching him in the post parade. He wanted the kid back imo.

I sure wouldn't want to change riders because of ill adviced race over an artificail surface. Of course it would be a way to deflect that decision if they blamed the jock.

Bruddah
04-17-2008, 05:49 PM

I have read the article and looked in other places but haven't seen this in print. Am I blind? Please help and Old Capper out. :D

Shenanigans
04-17-2008, 06:22 PM
I was at OP the day they switched riders on Afleet Alex. He didn't run a lick. The only race he didn't. That little jewel always tried except for that one race.

I actually had a nice little payday because of it after watching him in the post parade. He wanted the kid back imo.

I sure wouldn't want to change riders because of ill adviced race over an artificail surface. Of course it would be a way to deflect that decision if they blamed the jock.

Afleet Alex's lungs were full of mucus on the day he didn't win at Oaklawn. Rose got the mount back because Johnny V. wasn't impressed with the horse regardless.

russowen77
04-17-2008, 07:03 PM
I didn't know that but it looks like Johnny V was an idiot in any case.

If his lungs were full of mucus why did they run him?

juanepstein
04-17-2008, 07:47 PM
heard gomez is riding court vision.

Niko
04-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Interesting that Gomez stays on Court Vision. Any idea if he has any other options?

Shenanigans
04-17-2008, 10:57 PM
I didn't know that but it looks like Johnny V was an idiot in any case.

If his lungs were full of mucus why did they run him?

I agree, Johnny V. was an idiot. His loss was Rose's gain.:ThmbUp:

Ritchey didn't find out about Alex's lungs until after the race when they scoped him. Oaklawn is notorious for respiratory infections due to the up and down weather and it not only gets the horses. Every backside employee comes down with the "Oaklawn crud" at least once during the meet.

Bruddah
04-18-2008, 02:25 AM

Ritchey didn't find out about Alex's lungs until after the race when they scoped him. Oaklawn is notorious for respiratory infections due to the up and down weather and it not only gets the horses. Every backside employee comes down with the "Oaklawn crud" at least once during the meet.

But, I have covered Oaklawn's front side and backside for 40+ years. I have had several owners, trainers and backside employees who were close friends. So, I am skeptical "every backside employee" comes down with your described ailment. I have never heard of the "Oaklawn Crud". But, then again, I am not a Medical expert on pulmonary ailments, either human or equine. ;)

Shenanigans
04-18-2008, 07:45 AM

But, I have covered Oaklawn's front side and backside for 40+ years. I have had several owners, trainers and backside employees who were close friends. So, I am skeptical "every backside employee" comes down with your described ailment. I have never heard of the "Oaklawn Crud". But, then again, I am not a Medical expert on pulmonary ailments, either human or equine. ;)

OK, not every backside employee. Come to think of it, I avoided getting it last year.;)

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2008, 10:47 PM

http://www.johnpiesen.com/index.asp?id=12Did you post the wrong link here?

JustRalph
04-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Did you post the wrong link here?

nope......it looks like he changed the article........using the same file names?

interesting way of doing it.............as you can see above.......some were able to quote the original article..........???

JustRalph
04-19-2008, 07:51 AM
equidaily is using the same link also. And the article has changed ............

the current article no longer relates to their link either............fyi