Easy :jump: enough to pronounce!!!

Semipro
04-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Hard G like Guy

Hard A like Ape

Go

Guy A Go

not...

Gay Ego like a homosexual attitude problemThat would be Guy E Go sorry I have to interpet this as homoselfeon

Cangamble
04-16-2008, 09:36 AM
The only way to know for sure how to pronounce the horse's name is to ask the horse.

OTM Al
04-16-2008, 10:56 AM
One would assume they wanted to name him Gallego but the name was taken so they spelt it phonetically

DJofSD
04-16-2008, 11:57 AM
One would assume they wanted to name him Gallego but the name was taken so they spelt it phonetically

This makes some sense.

As I recall from the ESPN broadcast, the group of owners are Cuban or of Cuban decent. There is a connection between Cuba and the area in northern Spain named Galicia. See Wikipedia entry for Spain for more.

From this link (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Spain) :

Galicia

A very special part of Spain,with its own language called "Gallego" pronounced "gayego". It borders Portugal and is home to one of Spain's greatest University; the university of Santiago. There is a great rivalry between the university of Salamanca which is not too far away. The clothing empire Zara was stated by a galician and galicia... que lo sepas!!!

BeatTheChalk
04-16-2008, 02:45 PM
The only way to know for sure how to pronounce the horse's name is to ask the horse.
So ...that's where Mr Ed got his famous saying .." Helloooo I am Mr Ed " :jump: :lol:

whobet
04-17-2008, 09:16 PM
However you say it,

he's my derby horse.

joanied
04-27-2008, 09:22 PM
I have the exact :ThmbUp: correct way to pronounce the name...got it from the Blood Horse magazine article on the AK Derby...
"Gah ye gaw"

Who calls the Kentucky Derby? I think Durkin calls it for TV, but not sure who does it at the track... wonder if they'll practice saying it.... I am :jump: he just may be my Derby horse.

rastajenk
04-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Luke K will call it on track and for radio. He won't embarrass himself. ;)

joanied
04-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Luke K will call it on track and for radio. He won't embarrass himself. ;)

:ThmbUp: :cool: :ThmbUp: