PDA

View Full Version : New Nicanor pictures!

jognlope
04-15-2008, 03:32 PM
He's a looker alright:

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/nicanor/archive/2008/04/13/long-awaited-pictures.aspx

LottaKash
04-15-2008, 04:05 PM
A very good lookin horse, I'd say......I especially like the photo with the drool.......:eek:

joanied
04-15-2008, 05:39 PM
jognlope,
Thanks for the link...funny thing, I was at youtube yesterday watching the video's of Barbaro's little brother's...both of them!! I got quite emotional and all teary :( eyed...Nicanor is breathtaking.
I can't wait for Matz to get him into training...I imagine he'll feel a little stressed about it because everyone will be looking to compare him to the big horse. I hope everything goes great for this colt because the entire :ThmbUp: Barbaro Team deserve another Champion.

Wonder what they'll name the little one?

jognlope
04-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I know but Matz is an age-worn man, having been through a heck of a lot in his life, probably knows not to get too high over Nicanor. I thought it was great that his horse won the Barbaro Stakes last year. I love that roper horse neck Nic has, like his big brother. God I remember first seeing Barbaro on TV, just an innocent kid then, dancing, bucking, couldn't wait for Peter to let him run. His coat was all shiny and lit up by the sun, looked almost black it was so shiny.

joanied
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I know but Matz is an age-worn man, having been through a heck of a lot in his life, probably knows not to get too high over Nicanor. I thought it was great that his horse won the Barbaro Stakes last year. I love that roper horse neck Nic has, like his big brother. God I remember first seeing Barbaro on TV, just an innocent kid then, dancing, bucking, couldn't wait for Peter to let him run. His coat was all shiny and lit up by the sun, looked almost black it was so shiny.

Yes. Matz HAS been through a lot, he has more than paid his dues, and he's a real life hero. I also thought his winning the Barbaro race last year was something very special...I sat there & cried happy tears...and I hope that the racing gods have something good in store for him and Nicanor. As far as I am concerned...Michael Matz is one great person...in fact, this is the first time in a very long time I don't have a 'sentimental' favorite for the Derby...and I started thinking about Matz & Visionaire and my heart told me they will be my secret hope for this year's Derby...along with another man I beleive is a super nice person, Barclay Tagg.

jognlope
04-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I've been a fan of Tagg's too. I remember a special on TV about the 2003 Derby. Amid all the fuss, there was Tagg sitting outside Funny Cide's stall, just the two of them. You could hear the birds singing, there was no one around. He was so miffed about the crowds upsetting Funny once he got famous, don't blame him. But When Funny came down the stretch at his last hoorah at Finger Lakes, I saw him look over at the roaring crowd and then surge forward to win. I'm going to put money on Tale of Ekati just for kicks for the Derby, but there's a jinx on Wood winners to not win it .... maybe this time.

joanied
04-16-2008, 12:54 PM
I've been a fan of Tagg's too. I remember a special on TV about the 2003 Derby. Amid all the fuss, there was Tagg sitting outside Funny Cide's stall, just the two of them. You could hear the birds singing, there was no one around. He was so miffed about the crowds upsetting Funny once he got famous, don't blame him. But When Funny came down the stretch at his last hoorah at Finger Lakes, I saw him look over at the roaring crowd and then surge forward to win. I'm going to put money on Tale of Ekati just for kicks for the Derby, but there's a jinx on Wood winners to not win it .... maybe this time.

Like most, I didn't know didley about Tagg before Funny Cide, and my very first impression of him was..."who IS this guy and why is he so grumpy"? But as I traveled the Triple Crown Trail that year, I began to get quite attached to the man...I admired him for being they way he is...calm, polite, and an outstanding horseman that put his horses before all else. The more I saw, the more I liked.
If you have not read the Funny Cide book, you should...it's a great read, quite funny in places, and you will learn much more about this man...talk about paying your dues...he's an inspiration and deserves every bit of 'racing luck' that comes his way.
Tale of Ekati may break that stupid Wood jinx...since Street Sense, we know that a 'jinx' can be broken... and besides Michael Matz, Tagg is the one I'd love see win the Derby... another tiny reason I'll be rooting for Tale of Ekati is that some friends of mine have a very nice Woodman mare who's bottom is the same as Tale of Ekati's, and they will most likely be selling her 2008 foal. She had a Royal Academy baby in 2007.
:jump: