PDA

View Full Version : 4 picks for Tax Day

Ray2000
04-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Couldn't find anything I like for Sunday or Monday, here's a few "shakys" for Tax Day

3 horse boxes with M-L on Pick 1 >6

Balmoral R10…452 Body By Sport 8/1 Mack Hill 3/1 Western Jet 9/2
The 4 didn't like the sloppy track, same foes tonight gets better odds (5/1 last time)

Yonkers R10…452 Regal 8/1 Off Keel 6/1 Nicole'S Shuffle 5/1
The 4 has three thirds in nw4000L6 at decent odds might surprise here

Grand River R3…241 Runrun Big Eagle 10/1 Jacks Table 3/1 Surprise Factor 12/1
The 2 in 5K claimers has a shot at hitting the board with Brad Forward, and the 4 tailing off?
…….(Trifecta pools last night ~6000$)

Kawartha R9…451 River Card 7/1 Luckwouldhaveit 5/2 Barrett Jackson 4/1
The 4's improving every week, the colt (8) might have a difficult race against the 4 yr olds
…….(Trifecta pools last Tues ~4000$)

LottaKash
04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey Ray.....since it's tax-time, getaway day, if you don't mind, I would like to throw my hat into the ring, and give my take on your selected "shaky" races.......

Bmp......10R.....no selections, as,, minor triumphs and scores aside, I have always had a hard time with this class: nw4/8,00clm.......For me, this classification, is full of sick, lame and lazy horses.......They are, for the most part horses, that will not win (or want to win) that 4th race, if they did, they wouldn't have any where to go, where they could win......and the claimers, for the most part are horses that will almost never, be able to go any higher than 8k......sure, a lot of them are young and may have some hidden potential if the trainer can get them right.....Just not with my money

YR - 10R......#5 - Off Keel 6/1-m.l........ TM-SR 84 best in here tonite...Gets my full attention, and I am going to bet on him tonite.....

In his last race, the trainer (good win%) cracked down on this guy, and tried a w-w try, first time attempting this recently (always a poitive sign) Jason Bartlett (top driver) got this guy to the 3/4's in 1:25.4 and after this tuneup, that is enought for me......he is ready......his finish in that race is meanigless......

Prior to Off Keels' 1st start back, he won a qualifier, easily coming home and drawing off in 28:4, the final time is meaningless in this case, just the win is signalling his race readiness.......

1st Race Back from vacation, the trainer was a little ambitious, I think, and had him entered in 30K clm-er.......from the 7 hole ran an even race in 78sr......

His 2d Race Back, the trainer dropped him to a 20K, and from the 7 hole, he had almost no shot, trying to close off of a slow 1:00 first half....got underway outside, 3-wide to the 3/4's banging into a 28:3 middle 3d qtr.......finished ok, evenly,,,still holding his race readiness...

His 3d Race Back, drops into a conditioned race nw/6500/6.....again from the 7 hole on an off track...the horse is going ouside again and trying 3-wide at the 3/4's , finished ok, evenly..stil holding his race readiness......

So tonite, he has all the elements for a win..

* A w-w crackdown try in a new recent top of 82 solid
* Nice Back Class combined with a positive money box of +2 (propensity to win) this is Key when a Back Class - Money Box horse takes a new recent top SR
* Top Driver and v.g. trainer
* Definetly race ready, two last tries outside and 3-wide from hopeless posts (horses going 3-wide are well meant, they are either trying for the win, or trying to put some speed into them, either way well meant)

All system are go.....follow......

Grand River and Kawartha Downs are tracks that, I have looked into at one time or another and came away wanting.......There are some nice plays, to be sure......but, for me, the Form, Drivers and Trainers, and all the sick, lame & lazy horses, presents more problems, and guessing, to be taken all that seriously....but, that is just me.....If I'm going to put my hard earned cash into betting, I at least want some reliable bang for my buck......

G.L.Ray

humbly,

Ray2000
04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
LK

I appreciate your comments and you're right on at Bmp. You see a lot of "fights" for 2nd place purse money in these NW conditional claimers. But someone has to win.

Here's hoping you're right on with Yonkers 10 ! Good info

The small pool tracks can sometimes produce way bigger than (and way lower than) expected payoffs in the exotics and that can make it fun for me. No 10$ boxes here. Just a 2$ Punter

That's why I listed the pools at KD and GRVR, beware. (actually I thought GRVR had a nice handle.)

Good Luck LK and to all

LottaKash
04-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Cool, Ray......G.L...have fun......:cool:

LottaKash
04-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Well, my little goody in the 10th @YR.....turned out to be a bust.....

He got the lead e-z enough right at the 1/8 pole....was on cruise control the rest of the way, untill the 3/4, when all of sudden the #8 Show-Time-Sam was rolling 3 wide down the backstretch just blowin by everybody, like they were standing still, just before the 1/8 pole he was side by side with my horse, and when they straightened out for the drive he just exploded even more and was long gone...yikes !.........Meanwhile with alittle more than a 1/16th to go my wonderful , fabulous selection, spit the bit, shortened stride, and a wall of horses blew right by him....

Hey, it was one race, and one loss in many more to come...But, @ 4/5 who needs him.......But, man that 8- horse......

Well, M1 tom'w nite....stay tuned..

best,

Ray2000
04-15-2008, 11:43 PM
We both busted on that one.:(

but Grand River treated me good:)

Results :
Balmoral R10.........457 Win $14.60 Exacta $46.20
Yonkers R10..........831 no hit
Grand River R3.......142 Exacta $28.40 Trifecta $127.70
Kawartha R9..........132 no hit

Win Bets $8 in $14.60 back
Boxing 3 $48 in
If Exactas $74.60 back
If Trifectas $127.70 back

LottaKash
04-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Way to go Ray,,,,,,,,,now, what are you gonna do with all that cash?.......:ThmbUp:

best,

Ray2000
04-16-2008, 05:53 AM
We all know it's going to Washington. Damn those W2G's:)

I'm not putting up any picks today but Kallie's Lady in BigM 4th had an impressive race last time out against 20K claimers (26.8 FQ). Somthing like 6 top and bottom with M-L favs, 238 would be my bet.

Good Luck All