PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks to go to the KD

cj's dad
04-14-2008, 09:56 PM
So, it's 3 weeks to the big race, and from what i see it's a crap shot as far as the betting public is concerned. I spent the weekend at Oaklawn Park (thanks for the owner's seats, Arkansas man), and after the Arkansas Derby and the Bluegrass Stakes people are scratching their heads as to who would be the KD top 3. The question is, who are your top 3, in no particular order, and why?

OTM Al
04-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I think the pace up front will be nuts so I will take 2 closers plus a horse that I think may end up being one of the better ones in this group

1. Colonel John
2. Pyro
3. Smooth Air

I think John and Pyro are the best closers of the lot though both have questions. Smooth Air just seems sneaky good to me. I expect about 5-6 horses running nuts on the lead and a meltdown like 2005. Smooth Air could get a first jump from the 2nd flight and John and Pyro should be rolling late. I hate betting closers and almost never will, but I think this year merits it.

Marshall Bennett
04-14-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm going with ZFortune and hopefully get a nice price . There won't be much money to be made with Big Brown or Pyro and frankly I don't think they're a whole lot better . Looking for a lot of pace this year . :cool:

Shenanigans
04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Colonel John
Adriano
War Pass

Norm
04-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Crap shoot sounds like a good description for this year's race. A case can be made (but not a good one) for a dozen different horses here. But, since I need to bet $2 on something so I have a horse to cheer for, I think, maybe, (does that sound like confidence ?) I have it down to three.

Big Brown
I think he may be the speed of the speed and will handle the early pace pressure. (But, will his feet hold up ?)

Colonel John
He looks like the most effective of the closers. His late rush is steady and the distance looks like no problem. (But, can he run on dirt ?)

Tomcito
I like this guy, he's explosive and the 10f will be a cakewalk for him. (But, will he even get in ?)

Burls
04-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Colonel John
Big Brown
Pyro

Hmmmmmmm
The common denominator here is none other than Colonel John.

cj's dad
05-02-2008, 01:31 AM
I am boxing Pyro- Smooth Air- Colonel John (note the cj connection) and Adriano in the tri box and exacta box with Smooth Air to win.

Predictions welcome!!!

Kelso
05-02-2008, 02:47 AM
I think Big Brown runs himself out by 8f, gets caught by Pyro and Colonel John and Recapturetheglory, all with big kicks. Pyro and John need all those speed nags to be spread out, not still in a bunch, by the top of the stretch.

If RTG can't put up with runners in front for most of the race, BB holds on for 3rd.

jjm323
05-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Denis of Cork
Visionaire
Court Vision
Tale of Ekati