PDA

View Full Version : Derby Starting to Get Interesting

Shenanigans
04-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Two new probables - Eight Belles and Adriano. Not sure about the filly, but I liked Adriano for the Derby after his last win, and was disappointed when his connections initially said "no" for the Derby. They apparently changed their minds.
The filly Eight Belles has been clobbering her contestants, so her connections are possibly pointing her for the Derby. Too bad Jones didn't run her in the AR Derby first, just to see if she could whoop some mediocre colts.
Finally, the Derby is starting to get interesting.

ny0707ny
04-14-2008, 09:52 PM
I saw her PP today and was not really impressed. Her last race she ran a 99 but most of the races before that are pretty weaker. Most fillies are slower than the males. Usually you have to run a triple digit beyer to have a chance in the Derby also. Im not sure of her limit but 99 probably won't cut it.

FlyinLate
04-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I saw her PP today and was not really impressed. Her last race she ran a 99 but most of the races before that are pretty weaker. Most fillies are slower than the males. Usually you have to run a triple digit beyer to have a chance in the Derby also. Im not sure of her limit but 99 probably won't cut it.

Eight Belles is an extremely talented filly. You can't simply say the only way she'd have a chance is a triple digit beyer figure, especially when she is one click away. Gentleman's bet says if she runs in the Derby she'll finish ahead of War Pass (who I've seen you hyping up).

ny0707ny
04-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Ahead of War Pass? The only way that is happening is if WP runs like he did in Tampa. Seriously, WP is tough as heck. I think the Aqueduct race where he came in 2nd proved that. The track was tiring that day and he also came off a 53 beyer terrible race but still held up great.

russowen77
04-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I was impressed by her in the last race except it was only a 4 filly field. SHe got off to a horrible start but steadied down and then pulled away at the end.

The trouble I have with it was that Pure Clan could not have had a worse ride. For some reason they kept her close to the pace setter and that is not her style at all. She had no finishing kick like normal.

Considering Ebs start a 99 was a real nice fig but I wouldn't put her in with the boys in a race like the KY Derby with the huge fields if I were lucky enough to own her.

She has a chance to make her connections a lot of money if they don't let their ego get in the way.

plainolebill
04-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I'd run Eight Belles in the Derby, She's bred for it and improving with every start. She's fast and she can lay off the pace. Right now the horses that have run the fastest seem to need to be close to or right on the pace.

Other than BBrown, who could be any kind and could also have some fatal flaws, the field looks kind of soft -