PDA

View Full Version : Win bets

misscashalot
04-14-2008, 04:11 PM
What are the circumstances where anyone here bets 2 or more horses to win in a race?

1st time lasix
04-14-2008, 04:18 PM
only one.....at the back end of a monster pick four as a possible hedge to get my money out of the race where i was correct with longer "prices" in first three legs. Perhaps upon closer examination before last race in sequence i see there may be two or three that can upset my applecart as determined by will pays.....

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2008, 05:50 PM
What are the circumstances where anyone here bets 2 or more horses to win in a race?When 2 or more horses are going off at or above my "bet odds"....

Overlay
04-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I agree with PA. It depends on their toteboard odds versus my odds line, with wager size determined by the difference between the tote and my line.

JohnGalt1
04-14-2008, 08:30 PM
If I like 2 horses equally and the odds add up to at least 8, that is one is 6-1 the other 2-1.

The other times are when I have one horse I like, but another has a possitive angle. Examples, unraced maiden with great breeding and fast workouts, or trainer is 30% or higher in todays race condition, say turf starts or first or second after claim, etc.

A few weeks ago at Gulfstream I had a single on the turf that went off at 2-1. Another horse making his first start on the turf had the best turf breeding in the field, and had a 1 mile workout 5 days before the race. Ziade was the trainer.

I bet both to win, expecting the 2-1 horse to win, but the second horse won paying $41.

I bet 2 horses about 50% of the time, dividing my bet 50/50. I prefer to bet one horse so I can bet 100% on it. But if there's a good reason to bet 2 and the odds justify it, I will.

Harvhorse
04-21-2008, 06:08 PM
When they are 5/1 or higher.