PDA

View Full Version : Subpoenas eyed for Spitzer, Pataki

Nacumi
04-14-2008, 11:42 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04142008/news/columnists/subpoenas_eyed_for_spitz__pataki_106479.htm

This onion just keeps revealing more interesting stuff having its layers peeled, doesn't it? ;)

rrbauer
04-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Please move to off topic....nothing to do with horse racing

OTM Al
04-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Didn't read the article did you? Its about 3/4 way down when they are talking about if anyone may have influenced the Gov's decision making because they knew of his habits. NYRA's bidding competitors have evidently made some allegations....

rrbauer
04-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Didn't read the article did you? Its about 3/4 way down when they are talking about if anyone may have influenced the Gov's decision making because they knew of his habits. NYRA's bidding competitors have evidently made some allegations....

Guess this was aimed at me. I read enough of the article to know it wasn't about horse racing, but I really don't care. And, from your post, there's little to persuade me otherwise.

misscashalot
04-14-2008, 04:45 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04142008/news/columnists/subpoenas_eyed_for_spitz__pataki_106479.htm

This onion just keeps revealing more interesting stuff having its layers peeled, doesn't it? ;)

The NY racing bettors have been taking it on the chin for quite a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if the NYStateAG finds more than just a little larceny in this area. Thanks for the posting.

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2008, 05:57 PM
It does mention NYRA:

Was blackmail behind Spitzer's seemingly inexplicable flip-flop last fall, when he went from adamantly opposing the New York Racing Association's continuing operation of thoroughbred racing in the state to full-fledged support?

Lobbyists associated with NYRA's rivals have claimed in recent days that someone close to the association learned of Spitzer's involvement with prostitutes and used it to pressure him. I don't buy this for a second. Because if that info were available, Bruno and/or NYRA's opposition could have easily used it to turn things the other way.

I think it's a little disingenuous to state that Spitzer was ever "adamantly opposed" to NYRA continuing its thoroughbred operations. With every official review generated since the deferred indictment, NYRA had only been seen as getting "cleaner," and these reports were being composed and released well before last fall....

rrbauer
04-15-2008, 11:33 AM
It does mention NYRA:

I don't buy this for a second. Because if that info were available, Bruno and/or NYRA's opposition could have easily used it to turn things the other way.

I think it's a little disingenuous to state that Spitzer was ever "adamantly opposed" to NYRA continuing its thoroughbred operations. With every official review generated since the deferred indictment, NYRA had only been seen as getting "cleaner," and these reports were being composed and released well before last fall....

Hey, it's the N Y Post....usually found not far from the checkout counter and its tabloid brethern.