PDA

View Full Version : $44,821.60 Superfecta

xfile
04-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Our game is changing. We must change with it:

"$44,821.60 Superfecta In Grade 1 Blue Grass
Stakes - All 4 Horses Had The Exact Same Attribute!"

As you might already know, nine racetracks have an "all-weather" synthetic main track surface made by Polytrack, Cushion Track or Tapeta Footings.

The nine tracks are Arlington Park, Del Mar, Keeneland, Turfway, Woodbine, Hollywood Park, Santa Anita, Golden Gate and Presque Isle Downs.
In the 2008 Grade 1 Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland there were 5 horses that had the TOP ALL-WEATHER TRACK PEDIGREE http://www.fullcardreports.com/images/ped-aw.gif icon. See Table A (http://www.fullcardreports.com/CAP/all-weather-track-superfecta.asp#tablea) below.
Of those 5 horses, 4 of them finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th to comprise a $44,821.60 superfecta. See Table B (http://www.fullcardreports.com/CAP/all-weather-track-superfecta.asp#tableb) below.
As you can plainly see, this specific pedigree information is extremely valuable in this modern day and age.
An article that you might find very informative, as well as put you on some overlay winners, is one that we wrote in March entitled "Top All-Weather Track Sires" (http://www.fullcardreports.com/CAP/all-weather-polytrack-sires.asp)
You can view this article complimentary at:
http://www.fullcardreports.com/CAP/all-weather-polytrack-sires.asp (http://www.fullcardreports.com/CAP/all-weather-polytrack-sires.asp)
TABLE A
#5 MONBA
#3 COWBOY CAL
#2 KENTUCKY BEAR
#4 STEVIL
#9 MEDJOOL

TABLE B
http://www.fullcardreports.com/images208/bgs-041208-results1.jpg

facorsig
04-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Of course, you bet the race and cashed the super.

Frankly, you could have also played five horses and caught the super using a less sophisticated technology....bet the rail.

rcknhrse
04-13-2008, 12:01 PM
All weather tracks have not been around that long.How can any study have enough samples to make an accurate claim.
I bet the #2 and the #5 mainly because i look for young horses who can win their first 2 starts.
Monba won his first two .Then did not get out of the gate in the next 2.
He had a 97 bris first time out.
ky bear had a 102 bris first time out.
played both across the board and box the ex with the fav.

Bruddah
04-13-2008, 02:13 PM
I hate synthetic surfaces. That being said, I compliment anyone which can show conclusively (see above) they have a tool which might work. I say congratulations and may you continue to refine your system. Because then the powers to be will say it's time to switch back to dirt. :lol:

Just having some fun. Seriously, congratulations on your pedigree rating system. :ThmbUp:

DrunkenHorseplayer
04-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Nice hit; kindly scan and post a copy of your winning ticket.

The Bit
04-13-2008, 02:55 PM
lol

A picture of the ticket would be the ultimate sales tool.

Grits
04-13-2008, 04:55 PM
For me, it would be a bit of a stretch to look, soley, to a sampling of newly turned out POLY SIRE RATINGS to handicap this horserace. I would've been mighty hard pressed to come up with Kentucky Bear and Stevil.

Having played Keeneland for the last 3 days, here on my desk, in these past performances of each horse running there, the majority of them, maybe with the exception of some of the maiden special weight entries--first time starters, most all have raced over turf or all weather/poly. Many, having raced over the Keeneland track, wintered at Fairgrounds and Gulfstream and have come back to race at Keeneland again.

The BlueGrass was an exception due to the fact, its one of the final prep races.

1st: Monba with 4 starts, two were on poly. Maria's Mon the sire.
2nd: Cowboy Cal with 5 starts, four were on turf. Giant's Causeway the sire.
3rd: Kentucky Bear with 2 starts, both on dirt. Mr.Greeley the sire.
4th: Stevil with 5 starts, all on dirt. Maria's Mon the sire.

It was established a good while back, I thought, that turf horses/breeding does transfer well to poly, for the most part. But Kentucky Bear, nah, not when he was beaten going a 1 1/8 by 13 in the Fountain of Youth. Surely, his trip wasn't that bad.

BombsAway Bob
04-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Nice hit; kindly scan and post a copy of your winning ticket.
Note both posts of the super $$ payout were RED on this BOARD...:D

JustRalph
04-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I would've been mighty hard pressed to come up with Kentucky Bear and Stevil.

Kentucky Bear was the easiest of the four if you ask me. Running two lengths behind those two showed that he might be something nice. I figured him for a big race after learning something in the last out loss.

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't understand why people are jumping all over this guy in this thread. He never claimed he had a system or method, nor did he claim he cashed this bet.

It's just an after-the-fact example, which as anyone who's not half-dead is aware, is simply a LEARNING/TEACHING tool.

I get so tired sometimes at the REDBOARD accusations tossed around, especially when no one is claiming they hit this ticket (unless I missed something in the initial post).

Good Lord, almost every handicapping book ever written is FILLED with examples of races that have ALREADY BEEN RUN. That's how people teach and/or learn....by example....

Now, don't take this reply as any kind of ENDORSEMENT of the info presented in the initial thread, because it's not...it's simply a comment on those who feel the need to jump down a poster's throat because he dared use a race that has already been run to illustrate a point.

trying2win
04-13-2008, 09:19 PM
All weather tracks have not been around that long.How can any study have enough samples to make an accurate claim.
I bet the #2 and the #5 mainly because i look for young horses who can win their first 2 starts.
Monba won his first two .Then did not get out of the gate in the next 2.
He had a 97 bris first time out.
ky bear had a 102 bris first time out.
played both across the board and box the ex with the fav.

Yawn! Another know-it-all bragger, and the alleged big winners they had.

Grits
04-13-2008, 09:24 PM
PA, I didn't mean to come off as jumping. My thoughts were more along the line of noting so many of the horses running at Keeneland HAVE run on turf or poly, when taking to the poly, once again.

XFile, I'm sorry if I seemed as such.
I don't understand why people are jumping all over this guy in this thread. He never claimed he had a system or method, nor did he claim he cashed this bet.

It's just an after-the-fact example, which as anyone who's not half-dead is aware, is simply a LEARNING/TEACHING tool.

I get so tired sometimes at the REDBOARD accusations tossed around, especially when no one is claiming they hit this ticket (unless I missed something in the initial post).

Good Lord, almost every handicapping book ever written is FILLED with examples of races that have ALREADY BEEN RUN. That's how people teach and/or learn....by example....

Now, don't take this reply as any kind of ENDORSEMENT of the info presented in the initial thread, because it's not...it's simply a comment on those who feel the need to jump down a poster's throat because he dared use a race that has already been run to illustrate a point.

dylbert
04-13-2008, 09:27 PM
I concur with PA cut xfile a break here. He is making observation!

Remember, a few years back when one of the Breeders' Cup turf races the only four foreign-bred horses finished 1-2-3-4. People went ape-nuts about that fact for days and days. Somewhere, probably today, three or four shippers finished 1-2-3 or 1-2-3-4. Call it the old "law of large numbers" or something.

Heck, if you want "snake oil" system, here you go:

1) Today's race has 10 or more starters
2) Today's distance is greater or equal to 1 mile
3) Today's race is on synthetic surface
4) At least four starters, but no more than five, must show Top All-Weather Track Pedigree indicator
5) Box all five starters in dime supers, $1 trifectas, and $2 exactas

Disclaimer: This is for entertainment purposes only.

See 'ya at the IRS window... wink, wink! :lol:

singunner
04-13-2008, 11:23 PM
But will it blend?

The real question is "Does this information present any practical value?"

Would boxing all horses with this attribute in every race be worthwhile? Or is there some other criteria that this is supposed to be used in conjunction with? Was there any sign that this particular race should have been bet this way before the results posted?

cnollfan
04-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Wouldn't you know it? I keyed Medjool.

Niko
04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Yawn! Another know-it-all bragger, and the alleged big winners they had.

Not that hard to believe. I was at the track for a contest and mainly played, don't have my tickets because I cashed but here's my Betpad tickets.

2008-04-12 13:28:43 Bet* Keeneland 9 Double $3.00 1+2+5/4+7 $18.00
2008-04-12 13:28:57 Bet* Keeneland 9 Win $20.00 2+5 $40.00 $196.00

I f'up'd my tri tickets though-couldn't believe it.... Friend in another state did well though because he really liked the 3 and keyed mine with his.

Now I supposed I'll be chastized because they were only $20 win bets online and you can't see what I bet at the track.....

Didn't post this for redboarding. Only that I came to the same conclusion through a different process using the same 2 horses. rcknhse doesn't redboard much I don't think, explained why he picked the horses and shared---so congrats rcknhse.

chickenhead
04-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Wouldn't you know it? I keyed Medjool.

I thought it was funny.

rcknhrse
04-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Not that hard to believe. I was at the track for a contest and mainly played, don't have my tickets because I cashed but here's my Betpad tickets.

2008-04-12 13:28:43 Bet* Keeneland 9 Double $3.00 1+2+5/4+7 $18.00
2008-04-12 13:28:57 Bet* Keeneland 9 Win $20.00 2+5 $40.00 $196.00

I f'up'd my tri tickets though-couldn't believe it.... Friend in another state did well though because he really liked the 3 and keyed mine with his.

Now I supposed I'll be chastized because they were only $20 win bets online and you can't see what I bet at the track.....

Didn't post this for redboarding. Only that I came to the same conclusion through a different process using the same 2 horses. rcknhse doesn't redboard much I don't think, explained why he picked the horses and shared---so congrats rcknhse.
i did not include my wagers to be redbording .i was reacting to the claim of having enough data to predict sires on the AWT.Iincluded them as another way of getting those horses.I was not a BIG WINNER.$2 ACROSS ON BOTH WAS NOT A BIG WIN.Had the 2 manged 2nd i would have had something.An additional handicap on the 5. he was the 3rd choice.or at least tied with 3rd with the 3.