PDA

View Full Version : Maine is a Sanctuary State

samyn on the green
04-13-2008, 06:13 AM
Check out Maine. Seems liek a nice place with good spring water. Looks like the government is trying to do some social engineering by luring some illegal immigrants there. They give away the farm to anyone that shows up regardless of citizenship. Someone that crossed the border yesterday may get more services than a lifelong resident that served in the military. They make working class people feel like fools when the same working class existence is available to those that want the working class existence without any of the work.

http://maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/index.php?topic=Gov_Executive_Orders&id=21351&v=Article

tonto1944
04-13-2008, 09:53 AM
You got that right. I have a summer house up here,which I am or was thinking of moving here permanently and sell my house in Brooklyn. You can go to Hannaford store parking lot in the early A.M. around 7-8 O'clock and see about 10 to 15 of them hanging there waiting to be pick up by Farmers and Landscappers. One of the neighbors say they stay at the Local Super8. 2people sign up for the room but actually 6 t0 8 stay there. And the Manager is affraid to say anything because the State comes down on him.

DJofSD
04-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Well, here's a big clue. The very first statement says it all:

WHEREAS, it is the policy of the State of Maine to promote utilization of its services by all of its residents who are eligible to receive them; and

Some how the idea that government is the end all, be all, to its citizens has taken over.

Are you surprised that now governments, at all levels, perceive themselves as just another marketing entity? That they are a business concern expanding into any and every aspect of your life?

This is communism. Pure and simple. The state has a greater right to exist than you do. It provides for the greater good than you do. You're expendable, the state is not.

Tom
04-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Maine should be banned from receiving and federal benfits.

DJofSD
04-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Maine should be banned from receiving and federal benfits.

Sounds good to me. If they want to act like the federal government and usurp immigration laws, let them get there own pesos.

Does the Bush dynasty still have an enclave in Kennebunkport or have they moved their operations to South America already?

GaryG
04-13-2008, 04:32 PM
I'd like to see a couple of million Chevys full of them drive up from SoCal and Texas.