PDA

View Full Version : PTC KEE Real-Time

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 12:47 PM
OK, I'm going to try and post real-time info for KEE as I get it from the paddock on a race-by-race basis. Please use the attached clocker's report to supplement this info.

I'm hoping all PA readers cash big.

Ian :)

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 01:02 PM
All the horses look fine in the paddock. Papa Fuse and Pinpoint still our top choices.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Speed looks better than it has.

Smoke'n Coal has a great big foot, looks sharp and should wire this bunch.

Imriledup
04-12-2008, 01:43 PM
JRV was 5 lanes out in the 2nd race. Do we think the inside is dead?

DeanT
04-12-2008, 01:44 PM
They've been doing that for a few days now. It is like Turfway lite!

Keep the reports comin Ian. Should be a good day with plenty of opps.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 01:53 PM
What a retarded ride by Gomez. Take the lone F and let him chase a horse with more bottom over a speed favoring track.

I thought maybe with the track a lot tighter the rail would pick up. The jocks seem to think the inside is still dead. It's been deep all week.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Captivating Cathy gets the highest paddock mark. Downgrade Interior Design for confirmation. Trumpet Call looks very good, dead fit good poly confirmation. Longshot play.

Our on site observer is playing 12 with 4,5,6,8,9.

Imriledup
04-12-2008, 02:00 PM
So, you guys think the track is different today than previous in the week?

I was planning on boxing up deep closers, but now i'm not so sure.

Do they water the track in between races at this place?

DeanT
04-12-2008, 02:06 PM
12 does look sweet in the PP.

T2: Who knows. Autrey's horse went gate to wire in the first yesterday, then later things seemed to be mid pack types. Just gotta watch, imo.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Yes, the track is different. We rated it a 1 1/2 to 2, where 3 is neutral / slight closer bias. Track has been 3 to 3 1/2 all week. It is visibly tighter today because of maintenance and cold weather. We has someone out ther this morning watching the works.

I'm not saying it will be all wire to wire but good speed will run better today.

I don't think they water and it probably wouldn't matter much but I'll ask my partner.

Ian

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 02:09 PM
They never water during the day. It wouldn't make much difference anyway. Temp has the greatest effect and it is brutally cold there today keeping the track tight.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Should have just boxed 'em instead of keying the 12 who made a big move and then ran awkwardly late.

Hope somebody boxed them. Big exacta.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Pick Six looks terrific. Use him bigger with Tiger Woodman and Equitable, and a little with Fifty Five and Blazing Dynamo that look fit and have the right confirmation.

keilan
04-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi Ian - - gonna jump in for one race hope you don’t mind.

4th race

Key the 9 horse for 1st and 2nd in the tri’s

Tri’s…..9/3-5-6-7-8-10/3-5-6-7-8-10
X’s box ….. 9/6-8-10
W/P…… 9

GL the rest of the way

InsideThePylons-MW
04-12-2008, 02:37 PM
and a little with Fifty Five and Blazing Dynamo that look fit and have the right confirmation.

What does "right confirmation" have to do with 4yo's that have raced 10+ times each?

We are betting, not breeding.........right?

Jeff P
04-12-2008, 02:39 PM
KEE R4

I know he's only 2-1... but man - the #10 looks GOOD in the post parade and warming up.

(And hung in the stretch when asked.) :bang:

-jp

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 02:40 PM
What does "right confirmation" have to do with 4yo's that have raced 10+ times each?

His theory is that certain type of confirmation handle KEE poly or turf better than others. He is strictly a horses for courses guy. It's a unique way to handicap, but I've seen him hit too many bombs at KEE to argue.

keilan
04-12-2008, 02:40 PM

We are betting, not breeding.........right?

I do both :)

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Nothing at all wrong with the 10. More a price thing with Pick Six.

InsideThePylons-MW
His theory is that certain type of confirmation handle KEE poly better than others. He is strictly a horses for courses guy. It's a unique way to handicap, but I've seen him hit too many bombs at KEE to argue.

It's not typically my handicapping style either but I use it on poly.

Then your guy is a dolt. This is a turf race.

cj
His theory is that certain type of confirmation handle KEE poly better than others. He is strictly a horses for courses guy. It's a unique way to handicap, but I've seen him hit too many bombs at KEE to argue.

It's not typically my handicapping style either but I use it on poly.

I had answered that same thing but then realized it was a turf race.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 02:46 PM
That was my answer not his. I thought it was poly. I'm trying to do 10 things at once.

He feels the same way about certain confirmations on KEE turf which is different from every other grass course in the country.

DeanT
04-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Tough loss for the 8 there. Looked to have clipped heels first time around to boot.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 02:49 PM
I singled the 8 in pick 3's but caught exacta, tri and super so it was OK.

DeanT
04-12-2008, 02:52 PM
I got a small back up, but really needed the 8 as well Ian. Played mostly 8-59

Nice pick on the 8 at GP Jeff, if you are still following.

bob77713
04-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Pick Six looks terrific. Use him bigger with Tiger Woodman and Equitable, and a little with Fifty Five and Blazing Dynamo that look fit and have the right confirmation.

I picked up $900+. Thanks Ian.

keilan
04-12-2008, 03:02 PM

Not bad for handicapping the wrong surface :)

Sometimes it pays to be lucky -- get lotto ticket today

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Life Lesson and Embellish both look great in addition to having worked well over the surface. Key them over Swan Lover, Temper Temper and Choice Play (who all make a nice appearance), and then box those five for less.

Skylighter is a bet against on confirmation.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Reality is there ain't much difference between KEE main and KEE turf. My partner calls KEE main the "best turf course in North America."

I'm just playing his picks anyway because I don't have time to manage all this, the website and handicap too.

Tee
04-12-2008, 03:11 PM
#4 Dan's Pride

DeanT
04-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Nice call.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Who got 2nd?

Tee
04-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Heater 4 & 9

cj
04-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Dead heat, 4 and 9, but 10 has inquiry against.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I have been DQ'd in the last 5 races where there has been an objection against my horse.

cj
04-12-2008, 03:18 PM
So, what happens in this case...say the 4 is put up, does the 10 drop behind the 9 as well since it is a dead heat? I would guess so, but I'm not positive. Why should the 9 be elevated?

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Make that 6 DQ's in a row. :(

Handicapping was OK but no cash...

Jeff P
04-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Horrible call on the part of the stewards. The head on makes it look worse than it was. The pan shot shows space at all times between the 10 and the 4.

Let me edit that:

After watching the race replay that DQ was one of the worst calls by "stewards" I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

-jp

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Rutherienne looks great and is top choice. Sealy Hill is wearing smaller shoes behind than we'd like to see on this course. Our paddock guy is playing 4/8,9,1,2,3,7.

Bit of Whimsy stumbled a few times in her work on 4/8 and came over to the paddock in cold water bandages indicating she's fighting some kind of ailment.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Horrible call on the part of the stewards. The head on makes it look worse than it was. The pan shot shows space at all times between the 10 and the 4.

Let me edit that:

After watching the race replay that DQ was one of the worst calls by "stewards" I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

-jp

Tough to tell on Youbet. My partner agreed with you Jeff.. He said the 10 was length and a half clear at the time of the "foul."

Tee
04-12-2008, 03:44 PM
#2 Roshani should enjoy a decent trip.

Tee
04-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Hope a win wager was made. :)

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah, a small one but needed Lady of Venice for 2nd. Boy, Bit of Whimsy ran bad.

Jeff P
04-12-2008, 03:54 PM
It's one thing if horses are side by side and make contact - and that causes one of the riders to check or stop riding for a moment - or if one of the horses is impeded by that contact. But that didn't happen here.

Watch the replay - specifically the PAN SHOT. There was at least 12 feet of space between these two horses at all times.

The rider of the "fouled" horse (#4) never stopped riding. And the momentum of his horse as shown by the pan shot wasn't going take him past the 10.

IMHO this incident just screams for a no call - as clear a case for a no call as you'll ever see.

This call really sours me on their product.

-jp

Tee
04-12-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm interested in how far #9 Tizdejavu can go!! Looks like a few $$$ are being wagered that he can go the distance!!

john del riccio
04-12-2008, 03:58 PM

Let me edit that:

-jp

KENT D was back in his BayWatch days....deserves an oscar for that one...............

Tuff beat all around.

John

john del riccio
04-12-2008, 04:04 PM
PALMERS looks a bit interesting at that price...if he warms up OK on the Poly stuff, I may take a wack off hi sturf form at FG.

John

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 04:08 PM
1, 4 and 5 are still the keys. Our paddock guy likes the 6,7,9 behind and has heard whispers about Tizdejavu, trained by putover artist Greg Fox.

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Another wide open race. Storm Military and Forefeathers get the biggest paddock marks with Rebellion, Thousand Words and even Medzendeekron just behind.

Key 3 & 8 / 6,7,10.

john del riccio
04-12-2008, 04:41 PM
I am going to take a wack with DOPPIO & STORM MILITARY.

JOhn

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Asmussen barn has done what they can for Pyro spreading his shoes in front and filling in with acrylic to give him a bigger foot, but he's still smaller than average and very small behind where they've done nothing. We'll take a shot against him using both Pletcher horses, Cowboy Cal and Monba and Halo Najib, all of whom looked fit and dappled. Zito's other horse Stevil is an interesting longshot in here.

Cool Coal Man, Big Truck and Visionaire look anti-poly physically. Smallish and/or very flat feet.

Hammerhead
04-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Taking a stab with Visionaire and Big Truck. Ex Pyro with both

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 05:22 PM
My partner is afraid KEE won't have enough to pay him.

DeanT
04-12-2008, 05:23 PM
That's some good picking Ian.

Cripes, I think I take home the track if that bugger holds on.

Hammerhead
04-12-2008, 05:23 PM
OOPS :ThmbDown:

InsideThePylons-MW
04-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I take back the dolt comment.

Zaf
04-12-2008, 05:32 PM
My partner is afraid KEE won't have enough to pay him.

:jump: Way to go ! Nice Capping !

Z

Premier Turf Club
04-12-2008, 05:40 PM
We're all exhausted here but it's been a very good day so far. We'll finish by keying the 11 over the 6 with the 2,4,12.

I hope people had fun and made some money today. This is what we meant one year ago when we unveiled the ADW concept By Players-For Players.

Hammerhead
04-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Good call on your original posting :ThmbUp:

Imriledup
04-12-2008, 09:46 PM
TY Ian and your product. I caught the BG Tri using the 2 in the 3rd slot. Normally, i toss a horse like that, but your comments led me to re-look at him.

Awesome stuff about Pyro not handling the surface in the mornings. That stuff is worth its weight in gold.

TY again.

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2008, 01:20 AM
Awesome stuff about Pyro not handling the surface in the mornings. That stuff is worth its weight in gold.

TY again.Quite the contrast between what you read here and what you heard on TVG. TVG essentially became the "Keeneland Network" Saturday afternoon, so much so, that they couldn't find the time to show the grade 2 Comely from Aqueduct (nor the finale).

Not only that, but they couldn't say enough good things about Pyro, stopping just short of annointing him the messiah....more than once referring to him as "the GREAT Pyro....."

Thanks to Ian and the crew from PTC for providing REAL valuable info....

stuball
04-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I did not know that they were going real time yesterday...
:( will have to be more alert....I did ok yesterday but
the on track info would have been a huge help...
Thanks Ian......Are you going to do this today...?

Stuball

Premier Turf Club
04-13-2008, 09:33 AM
No real-time today. And I didn't know we were going to do real-time yesterday either. What it involves is Joe calling me from the paddock and me posting his comments throughout the card. Means I can't be away from my phone or the PC for any more than 5 minutes. Also makes it's hard to bet and I got shut out on Rutherienne yesterday because of it.

We will do it again, in fact Joe is talking about a client only real-time service on certain tracks later this year. KEE has also been talking to us about providing something on their website. It's a lot of work and costs some $$$ to do it so we'll see. This has actually been in our business plan all along.

The daily clocker report will be up in about 90 minutes.

stuball
04-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks Ian for a great betting site and more...much more...
I appreciate your hard work..

Stuball :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Jeff P
04-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Ian, just want to say THANKS for taking the time to do this live. And also a big thanks to Joe for producing a KEE clocker's report of such high quality. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

-jp

Jeff P
04-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah had you made your selections after the races a BIG thanks wouldn't have been in order........... what am I missing :rolleyes:
Just giving credit where credit is due.

I took the time to go through Joe's clocker reports for the past several days - and realized that he's doing some REALLY good work.

Today I decided to take horses named on his report and play them with my own selections.

Example: In R7 today my own selection process was all over the #3 (TIZ TO DREAM) but I really wasn't going to have a strong opinion about the exacta without his report. His selection (NO USE DENYING) ran a really strong race at 8-1 and just missed by a long neck. Tying his selection with my own I caught a $79.60 exacta (several times) that I would have missed otherwise.

IMHO, the quality of the report is noteworthy. If Ian hadn't been posting live I probably never would have even taken a look at it.

-jp

Jeff P
04-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Ian, yesterday you posted (live) several instances of different shoe types being worn by your selections.

Q. Does anybody else find it just a little odd that in race after race KEE's track feed had the words "All horses plain shod" flashing beneath the video of the post parades and wamups?

-jp

trying2win
04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
I started reading the posts on this thread on the Saturday evening after the Keeneland races were over for the day. I see Joe Riddell did a super job on his observations at Keeneland. Good show Joe! :ThmbUp:

T2W

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Jeff, I deleted Keilan's post (which you quoted in your reply) for the following reason:

If it has come to the point where a simple THANK YOU has to be debated and ultimately "flamed" about, then all is lost.

Jeff P
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Mike,

I see that now. If I could edit my post I would. Feel free to edit or delete my post as you see fit.

And K - I have nothing but respect for you man. Just trying to point out the high quality of what Ian and Joe are producing.

-jp

trying2win
04-13-2008, 09:41 PM

Ian:

I'm assuming that your winnings here, were on the 4th race at Keeneland on Sat. Apr. 12/08. If so, congratulations :ThmbUp:. It must be a nice feeling to cash on three different types of exotic bets, all on one race :).

T2W

keilan
04-13-2008, 09:45 PM
This is comical

Mike deleting my post and you responding. Next you're telling us that you're wagering many dollars based on another's opinion whom you probably don't know anything about.

Being a self proclaimed professional player I find that somewhat................

Mike people have been posting here on selections long before Ian heard of this site (no offense Ian - I luv that you provide a great service). Hell it doesn't matter I guess whether it's POLY or TURF they're running on as long as the right numbers come in.

Unbelievable man

keilan
04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Ian my comments are NOT directed towards you in any fashion.

I see you as a businessman no different than many of us, making money providing a superior service. :)

trying2win
04-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Jeff, I deleted Keilan's post (which you quoted in your reply) for the following reason:

If it has come to the point where a simple THANK YOU has to be debated and ultimately "flamed" about, then all is lost.

PA:

Oops! Does that mean my post on congratulations to Joe Riddell is about to be deleted too? :lol: If so, no problem :).

T2W

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2008, 12:31 AM
This is comicalIndeed. You're 100% correct there...

Next you're telling us that you're wagering many dollars based on another's opinion whom you probably don't know anything about.I didn't wager $1 based on anything posted here, as I wasn't monitoring the board during Keeneland on Saturday...although I was wagering on Keeneland based on my own work.

Being a self proclaimed professional player I find that somewhat................This confuses me. I'm not a professional player, nor have I ever claimed to be a professional player....are you referring to yourself in this quote? I doubt it since you used the "self-proclaimed" line....I really don't know where you got the misinformation that I was a professional player...odd...

Mike people have been posting here on selections long before Ian heard of this site (no offense Ian - I luv that you provide a great service). Hell it doesn't matter I guess whether it's POLY or TURF they're running on as long as the right numbers come in.Actually, the conventional wisdom is that it doesn't really matter when it comes to Poly vs. Turf....many Turf runners take to the Poly, and many Poly runners seems to take to the turf....I suppose this is just more anecdotal evidence to back up that theory.

Unbelievable manThe fact that you would see fit to begrudge someone a simple thank you is indeed that....we agree again!