PDA

View Full Version : Big Brown will win the derby.

loveracing
04-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I am very confident Big Brown will win the derby. This is a very weak field he will be facing, true he has only 3 starts, but he has won all 3 by nice margins. It truly will not take much for him to be in the winners circle after the race. The other horses in the race have been unimpressive to say the least. No other horse has been dominating in any of their races. Ok, War Pass did win big earlier, but not lately. So maybe I will play an exacta also, Big Brown with War Pass, Maybe. lol. Seriously though Big Brown is the bet to win.

Stevie Belmont
04-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Well we will see soon. He is a big, strong, long striding horse that makes it look easy.

I worry about his feet. It's a concern. Bad feet are bad news. I have not seen anything from him since the Florida Derby. You know they are doing everything possible for them.

Marshall Bennett
04-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Beleive he has the best shot in the derby , have my doubts about his ability to go the extra 2 furlongs in the Belmont should he win the first two legs .

Semipro
04-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Well we will see soon. He is a big, strong, long striding horse that makes it look easy.

I worry about his feet. It's a concern. Bad feet are bad news. I have not seen anything from him since the Florida Derby. You know they are doing everything possible for them. He's been working well hopefully feet problems are behind him.

Stevie Belmont
04-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Well thats good news then. Thanks.

Gibbon
04-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Haven't seen this much hype since Fusaichi Pegasus.

Vic Stauffer, track announcer at Hialeah in 1993, calling a race with a horse named Altmagraenguida, after two vain attempts at pronouncing the horse's name, he surrendered during the stretch run: "Here comes the number 4."

ny0707ny
04-12-2008, 10:21 AM
I think Brown has little chance of winning. He may come in the money if lucky. Experience is important in the Derby. It is not a normal race. He has not gotten banged around yet.

Remember Bellamy Road? He got a 120 in his last race before the Derby. Nobody touched him. He never really faced anyone good though. He won his last 2 races by huge margins.

The result? He came in 7th in Derby. I should mention that Bellamy Road was a front running horse also just like Big Brown.

Semipro
04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I think Brown has little chance of winning. He may come in the money if lucky. Experience is important in the Derby. It is not a normal race. He has not gotten banged around yet.

Remember Bellamy Road? He got a 120 in his last race before the Derby. Nobody touched him. He never really faced anyone good though. He won his last 2 races by huge margins.

The result? He came in 7th in Derby. I should mention that Bellamy Road was a front running horse also just like Big Brown.What in the sam's Hill Hell does what Bellamy Road did have to do with Big Brown's chances-nothing that's what-Bellamy Road's career does not enhance or diminish BB chances of winning the Derby.

ny0707ny
04-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Another recent example is Curlin. He won his last 2 races by big margins also and got high speed figures. I saw his races before the Derby. He looked amazing, but GREEN as heck. He came in the money in the Derby but lost by about 8 lengths.

Im just giving my opinion on what I think will happen. It has not been done in 93 years. If Brown does win, he will be in the history books for sure.

Oddzilla
04-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Big Brown does not compare to Curlin. Curlin had the perfect running style for the Crown distances. He did very well in the Derby to get third--it was only his fourth start, he did not get a great trip, and he almost had nowhere to go as they came into the stretch. He got out, passed horses and beat Imawildandcrazyguy, who was coming down the stretch like a sonofabitch. There is no "green" upcomer this year that compares to Curlin.

I think Big Brown could win, but I can also imagine him flattening out very suddenly between the lane and the wire.

MNslappy
04-12-2008, 06:00 PM
The way these prep races are going, Big Brown might just go off as the favorite.

Stevie Belmont
04-12-2008, 10:02 PM
You are right..Apples and Oranges.

And Big Brown can stalk. He does not nead the lead at all.

What in the sam's Hill Hell does what Bellamy Road did have to do with Big Brown's chances-nothing that's what-Bellamy Road's career does not enhance or diminish BB chances of winning the Derby.

jjm323
04-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Big Brown will be 9/5 after today. Can't bet him at 9/5 in a 20 horse derby, although he seems the likely winner. Couldn't bet Secretariat at 9/5 in a 20 horse derby.

DrunkenHorseplayer
04-13-2008, 05:06 AM
If I remember correctly, Bellamy Road fired one big race (the one before the Derby) a la Rockamundo in '93. Big Brown has run several impressive races in a row.

Marshall Bennett
04-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Big Brown will be 9/5 after today. Can't bet him at 9/5 in a 20 horse derby, although he seems the likely winner. Couldn't bet Secretariat at 9/5 in a 20 horse derby.
9/5 ? Can't see any at less than 3 - 1 . No Secretariats in this race ! :)

jjm323
04-13-2008, 10:43 AM
What did Fu Peg go off at? Big Brown will be about the same.

Stevie Belmont
04-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Fu Peg was 2/1. His Wood was awesome. He was a legitimate favorite that year.

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I AGREE BIG BROWN WILL LOSE DERBY. IT IS A LITTLE UNFAIR TO SAY THAT WITHOUT GIVING ANOTHER PICK. I CANNOT JUST TAKE THE OTHER 19 HORSES AND SAY THAT I AM RIGHT.

I LIKE COLONEL JOHN WITH PYRO SECOND.

plainolebill
04-15-2008, 12:43 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/plainolebill/capslock.jpg