PDA

View Full Version : Win-ErGY Software

JimG
02-14-2003, 08:27 AM
I kid you not folks...the latest issue of Thouroughbred Investor Monthly promotes Tom Console's newest offering. Will be priced at $125 retail but I can scoop up for $97 since I am a subscriber.

TomC..is this the software you were talking about that Joe Z. was programming for you that had everything but the kitchen sink?? Follow-up to Snapcapper Pro?

Anyone else heard of the software? It's supposed to make my handicapping life much easier and put some money in my pockets.

Jim

cj
02-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by JimG
...the latest issue of Thouroughbred Investor Monthly...
Jim

What is that?
CJ

JimG
02-14-2003, 08:43 AM
It is a small (16 page) monthly publication co-published by David Powers and Tom Console.

JimG

TomC
02-15-2003, 12:26 AM
No, WINERGY is not the program that I have been working on. WINERGY is a program that was programmed by Joe Zambuto for me, and it is based on a method that I wrote. Dave wanted a good program that would be very easy to use that he could market. But it is not the software mentioned in older posts. That one will be called Ultimate Race Track Investor. It will only be available from myself as I will not be producing a lot of copies, and will NOT be mass advertising it.
Tom C

JimG
02-15-2003, 07:36 AM
TomC,

Thanks for the reply.

Jim

TomC
02-15-2003, 09:58 AM
Jim:
No problem. I was afraid people might get confused when Dave said he was putting it in the next catalog. I dont want anyone to buy it, then see just one main rating, and think "This is what it took him 2 years to do?" It is a good program for someone wanting something fast and easy, and it does do well overall. Especially hitting prices in the top 3 picks. But it is not the full blown "biggie" I have been working on with Joe Z.
Tom C

Lefty
02-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Tom C. I think you mentioned something about a database in this one prev. posts. Can it be queried? Will it uses those TSN advantage files that cost only $59.95 a mo. and will it be user-friendly?

TomC
02-16-2003, 12:31 AM
Hi:
WINERGY does not use a database. It gives a rating for each horse. It is very user friendly. It only uses BRIS.
Ultimate Race Track Investor will use the BRIS files also. And the xrd results file (optional). It will have a VERY detailed model that will allow you to query various correlations, break it down by many of items such as race class, sex, surface, purse, etc., etc... It will be user friendly, but of course you will have to read the manual to learn it as it will have a lot more options to look at. If you wanted to just print out the readouts, it will take about 1/2 minute per card...just click the file and it prints. But if you want to use the model, and do queries, etc, it will take a little more time to use of course. But there are a lot of things the user can look at in the model. Can't start to explain them all here.
Hope that helps!
Tom C

Lefty
02-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Tom C, you didn't mention the TSN Advantage files for the Ultimate. It would be great if it used those because you get unlimited trks for $59.95 a mo. and perfect for a database because of the price. A $1.00 for Bris and .25 for xrd results can really add up if one does many trks.

TomC
02-16-2003, 10:53 AM
I can find out what would be involved, but I am not a programmer so I am not sure if it would involve a lot of work, and even worse, a lot of testing. I have been at this one about 2 years, and ready to wrap it up. But I will look into it.
Tom C

LOU M.
02-16-2003, 05:28 PM
which data source will it be compatable with?

Kappa
02-18-2003, 11:08 AM
TomC
I believe the BRIS and the TSN file structures are compatable. There are differences in the way they handle trainer/jockey names, which would make them NOT interchangable within the same database. Also some empty fields in TSN might be populated in BRIS. I have changed the filename, and used the TSN files in programs calling for BRIS.

TomC
02-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Hi:
As of now, it uses the BRIS DRF single file format.
Thanks,
Tom

Lefty
02-18-2003, 08:23 PM
For maximum sales I think it would behoove you to have Joe prg it to also accept thiose TSN Advantage files. He has done this for his own prgm.

TomC
02-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Ever since my first days of using software, long before I made my own, I used BRIS. This is back when the drf files were $7 per day, and you had to pay $10 per hour connection fee too! So I guess its like any product...you get used to using it, and never look elsewhere.
I will ask Joe what would be invloved. I THINK some items my new program uses are not in the TSN ones, but I could be wrong. I will keep you posted. I am never opposed to saving money if it can be done!
Thanks,
Tom C

JimG
03-17-2003, 01:48 PM
Arriving in the mail today was promotional flyer listing Tom Console as the sender...it was disguised to look alot like an RPM mailing.

Anyhow Win-ergy Plus can be had for $125...it will be $195 when it goes in the catalog. Tested on a 630,000 race database (that's a big database), as well as "real-time" testing by 17 independent testers for a minimum 60 day period. To Tom's credit I do see he makes no promises of fantastic ROI from this database.

Any of the independent testers on this board??

Jim

Tim
03-17-2003, 02:08 PM
630,00 Races?????

Lets see, using the 2002 American Racing Manual as a source, thats every race run in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico from January 1992 to the end of 2001.

midnight
03-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Tim: that'd be about right. My friend's database has an average of 50,000 races a year, and he doesn't include the smaller tracks like Sunland, Portland Meadows, Boise, etc. So 10 years would be pretty close to what's needed for 630,000 races.

Dave Tracy....I mean Clint Powers....erm...well the owner of RPM allegedly has such a database. What puzzles me is why they'd need 17 independent testers for 60 day samples when they have a database of over a half million races to test on.

"Dave" and Tom put out a montly newsletter? Cool.

TSN uses the same data fields that BRIS does but handles a couple of text fields differently and has some empty fields where BRIS has some of their proprietary ratings. BRIS has to keep something for their flagship product, or everybody would use TSN files.