PDA

View Full Version : M1......7th race...."shippers special" ?

LottaKash
04-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Generally, I don't like sticking my neck out in public(people curse you and throw things at you), but, a horse just jumped up and rang my alarm bell a little, while pouring out over my Meadowlands form today.........

In the 7th race at M1 tonite..... #8 " Premier Elektrah " is a hard hitting 4yom, that I have included in my Virtual Stable......I feel strongly that she can keep moving up.....How High, staty tuned.....

She has Quirin MoneyBox superior rating of +7 (superior, loves to win)

* - Since moving in to Julie Miller's barn she has won all of her races except for the last @ YR, where she got beat 3rd by 2/.5 .....but, that was in the $68K-Petticoat Series Final, where she was hung out on the rim (first over) for last 5/8's and the last 1/2 came home in 56 secs.......yikes !.... her middle 1/4 was 27.2

* - She's raced on bigger tracks before (Wdb - Bmp) and despite her recent races being on a 1/2.....I can only expect her to go on fighting till the end in here tonite...and she does know how to close on a big track from far back......

* - Her stable is well connected and they love to bet...so, her M/L odds of 8/1 may not hold up well.....we'll see....

* - How she came out of that hard hiiting race, is a question....If she kept her current physical shape (and horses destined to go on and do better, usually do) she should kick ass in here tonite.......if not, at least you know why......follow.......

For the underneath I will take a shot with #6 - JM Dancing Star (15/1 - M/L)

* - She has +7 Money Box...
* - Jody Dunning ships this Horse in from DD (IMHO - horses in harness racing almost always ship for a reason)
* - He is a slow leaver and a grinder and good money box grinders, have a way of surpring you, when you least expect it...(these are the types, that after the race is over we go over the sheet, to see what we may have missed)
* - Eric Goodell, a top driver anywhere in the usa, except here (because of all the driving talent @M1) gets in the bike over DD"s Victor Kirby, a so-so driver.....
* - Jody Dunning is currently batting 21% @M1
* - the #6 woke up in his last race grinding outside in a 1:22.4 and holding his place to the wire......fits here

The rest of the field for the underneath is a tossup, lots of wannabees and pretenders.......lots of ways of looking at the race........

So, I will send it in on #8 for the win......(she is Razor Sharp)

A nice exacta bet w/#8 on top with #6 for 2d
A lesser exacta w/#6 on top of #8

Teach
04-11-2008, 02:59 PM
LottaKash,

I agree with you on your choice of the #8 Premier Electrah in the 7th at The Big M. I like the the #s 9 and 5 underneath. You can get all my picks on tonite's Meadowlands card at www.harnessmaven.com (http://www.harnessmaven.com). They're on a podcast on the opening page.

Harness Maven

LottaKash
04-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Thx Maven, it seems i'm in good company here.....

Ya got me beat on first time races 1958......started @YR in 1962.......hooked from then on........

Keep on keepin on.......I'm a fan of yours.l... G.L.

LottaKash
04-11-2008, 04:00 PM
In addition to my selection above, I wanted to add another possible good payout tonite @M1...........

Race #12..........#2 - Roman Shark............

* Ron Pierce stays on with Rucker horse

* Quirin Money Box +9

* TM SRating 86......best in here

* Changed over to Conditiond from nw3 in last start

* was bet to 7/2 in that affair after being over 50/1 in prev. start.......

* Last race jumped to lead fr 7hole and was overtaken buy another by the half.........Coming down the lane, he was sitting behind a dead horse, with a wall of horses on the outside of him and nowwher to go.....finally got clear, and way, way too late.........

* Deceptive form......Crap Field............

LottaKash
04-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Follow up to my "shippers special"....

7R @m1 #8 Premier Elecktrah......didn't do as well as I had hoped.....Generally, I almost always NEVER bet on horses shipping to M1 but, I made an exception as I was so capitivated by this girl's gutsy performances.......

She was 8/1 thru most of the betting, and finally was bet to 9/2.....She doesn't have that great early speed that you need to make the outside posts at M1.....so at the start she just made her position......from then on it was a hopeless, Paceless race (at the meadowlands, a most daunting task to close from last in this pace scenario) ending up 5 inside & 5 outside thruout.....I was counting on a Fast Pace in this affair, and it didn't materialize, consequently, she was 5th over on the last corner going to the 5-path before straightening out for the drive......by the time she got rolling, it was much too late to score, being so out of position.....she closed alertly to get 4th missed beating the Vulnerable fave by a 1/2......

I have found when horses have run a new Top Speed Rating recently, (which she did last week @YR) generally three things will happen, they will bounce (lameness, lots of times they break if pushed too hard in their next start, they are sore) and finish poorly or they will (trainer) will opt for an "EZR" (e-z race) to allow a little healing and tightening of the muscles or the best thing, beat the crap out of field in tonite's race, and go on to better things.....In her case, I think it was a an EZR and given her post and the paceless field, she needed the race over the track , and her willing finish tonite will only improve her chances for her next event......Again, I think she can go higher.....Watch Out

The underneath horse went off @18/1 and finished ok while racing inside the whole way with no shot, being out of position at the end.....not good, not real bad... just an old.6th.........

In the 12th @M1.....#2 Roman Shark went off @ 10/1......

Pierce had a handful of horse the whole way, getting the lead briefly, just before the end of the 1st 1/4. got jumped by a game horse and then sat 2d the rest of the way.....got to the half 55 & the 3/4's in 1:22 (yikes) at the 5/8 it was a three horse affair, the others gapping and Pierce was hedging his bet coming off the 2d rail, having the luxury of staying in or out, for now....ducked back in behind the livelier rail horse & 2d place finisher and was dead game to the wire in a three way , good old fashioned horse race...... And after that smokin 3/4, I couldn't have been more proud of him......Could've been luckier, and yes, prouder... haha.........This horse is sharp as a tack right now.......Follow........

botster
04-12-2008, 12:30 AM
LOTTAKASH don't be ashamed at all at posting your picks with your thoughts backing up your selections.Anyone who studies the game, will always hold the reasonings behind those picks, not unlike these, which you went into great detail posting today in high reguard..WIN OR LOSE.

I have always been interested in what others use when applying their"capping" skills.Unfortunatly too many are afraid, or just don't know anything about the game.

Your picks appeared to race well, though i have noticed over the last three years or so those PETTICOAT series horses are pretty cheap.The better ones i have rated around 20 claimers the weaker at 15 claimers.This certainly is not an automatic rule, but i have seen enough comparisons to believe, it's a pretty good berometer.

I say keep'em coming and good fortune to you:).

LottaKash
04-12-2008, 12:45 AM
THX for the kind words Botster........Yes, I agree about the Petticoat affairs......but, in this case, I think this young lady is a little on the quick side, and she hasn't even begun to ring the bell yet.....she's matured so much since last year..and she has this gutsy way of going and coupled with her raw undeveloped speed, when she is properly placed she will make some noise........

I generally don't fall for a horse too much, but this one I have a feeling about.....(definitely, maybe)

G.L.

botster
04-12-2008, 12:48 AM
LOTTAKASH don't be ashamed at all at posting your picks with your thoughts backing up your selections.Anyone who studies the game, will always hold the reasonings behind those picks, not unlike these, which you went into great detail posting today in high reguard..WIN OR LOSE.

I have always been interested in what others use when applying their"capping" skills.Unfortunatly too many are afraid, or just don't know anything about the game.

Your picks appeared to race well, though i have noticed over the last three years or so those PETTICOAT series horses are pretty cheap.The better ones i have rated around 20 claimers the weaker at 15 claimers.This certainly is not an automatic rule, but i have seen enough comparisons to believe, it's a pretty good berometer.

I say keep'em coming and good fortune to you:).

I should include that if not in for a tag, i will also compare them to a condition event equivilent to such.

botster
04-12-2008, 12:55 AM
You very well could be correct, i remember this mare on the WEG circuit. I think Mayotte drove her up there and she certainly did show some promise.If my brain serves me correctly, she was a bit erratic i thought, mabey do to some chronic soreness, or other health problem.

I certainly wouldn't put her in for a low price tag such as a 20 yet, but need a hell of a price on her ass to back her against this high condition at the BIGM.Mabey we will get it next week... only time will tell.

Good Fortune;)

LottaKash
04-12-2008, 01:03 AM
I think the soreness is over...Julie Miller is so good with the lame ones.........

Also, in the Petticoat final, the eventual winner "Ridge Jumper" was entered the same nite (tonite 8th race) in nw$27,500 for girls ($37,500 purse)......she finished 5th after being parked the mile,2d over,from the 10 hole, in a 1:51 and change race......hmmm........

botster
04-12-2008, 01:11 AM
I think the soreness is over...Julie Miller is so good with the lame ones.........

Also, in the Petticoat final, the eventual winner "Ridge Jumper" was entered the same nite (tonite 8th race) in nw$27,500 for girls ($37,500 purse)......she finished 5th after being parked the mile,2d over,from the 10 hole, in a 1:51 and change race......hmmm........

For myself, i must look over the field and see where she fits with them next week.Sometimes even these higher conditions may be filled with very vulnerable types giving her up as an overlay.

LottaKash
04-12-2008, 01:13 AM
sure, always look ,,,,but in Ridge Jumpers race tonite, she was in with some $300K 4yo winners and few $100K's.....

So in the end if Premier Elektrah can run with Ridge Jumper and she can compete with 4yo 300k winners......hmmmm

botster
04-12-2008, 01:21 AM
sure, always look ,,,,but in Ridge Jumpers race tonite, she was in with some $300K 4yo winners and few $100K's.....

I must admit didn't look over the form tonight, but i see that LISLEA PHIA won the race as the betting favorite.Didn't she win the consolation of the PETTICOAT?

If my mind serves me correctly, she had beaten my buddies mare at Freehold in the previous start in a low/mid price condition event.

I think we have to ask ourselves is LIS PHIA a terror?...mabey, but cannot except 4-1 on ELEKTRAH in her next start... i think thats an automatic...NO?

Just trying to stir up some thoughts here KASH.Anyway, it's late, need to get some "shuteye". Best of fortune to you KASH.

LottaKash
04-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Goodnite Botster............love this game...........

BTW, Lislea Phia finished an inside 6th in $136K Overbid Final @ m! just recently........

Best,