PDA

View Full Version : First time at Pimlico and Baltimore

SmartyParty
04-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I'll be at Pimlico for the first time ever, and I'm staying nearby. What are some good restaurants and fun things to do when I'm not at the races? I'll get there next Wednesday for five fun-filled days. And I'm renting a car with a GPS. I am up for any suggestions. Thanks!

Stevie Belmont
04-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Pimlico is not in the greatest area. So make sure you know where you are going.

Im sure you will be able to find some good crab cake joints.

cj
04-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I'll be at Pimlico for the first time ever, and I'm staying nearby. What are some good restaurants and fun things to do when I'm not at the races? I'll get there next Wednesday for five fun-filled days. And I'm renting a car with a GPS. I am up for any suggestions. Thanks!

I don't have the schedule handy, but if the Orioles are at home, go to an Orioles game. The ballpark is still one of the very best in the country.

Fort McHenry is worth a trip, and the Inner Harbor is OK for a visitor. The National Aquarium is there as well as the underrated Maryland Science Center. Plenty of shops and food as well.

DC is also just down the road. The National Zoo is very nice (and free).

SmartyParty
04-11-2008, 03:32 PM
This is a good start. How far away is Fair Hills Training Center?

njcurveball
04-11-2008, 03:49 PM
This is a good start. How far away is Fair Hills Training Center?

About an hour depending on traffic on 95.

cj
04-11-2008, 03:55 PM
I think it is in Elkton, which would make it about an hour if memory serves. You would actually be pretty close to Delaware Park.

SmartyParty
04-11-2008, 04:20 PM
I think it is in Elkton, which would make it about an hour if memory serves. You would actually be pretty close to Delaware Park.

How far away is Delaware Park? I heard it's a really pretty racetrack. Is its meet going on now?

Nacumi
04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Delaware opens April 19th, and if you get as far as Fair Hill, you should continue north to Delaware and see one of the prettiest paddocks outside of the SPAH.
It's also a wonderful park for families, for the horsemen, with a fantastic simulcast area. Enjoy your trip.