PDA

View Full Version : Sheikh Mo's associate buys Fasig Tipton

Grits
04-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I wonder what will go up, next?

Everything in horseracing has a price. Actually--make that--everything in America has a price these days.

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44538

russowen77
04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
I wonder what will go up, next?

Everything in horseracing has a price. Actually--make that--everything in America has a price these days.

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44538

Well, it looks like some people are really enjoying these high gas prices. :bang:

joanied
04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
:eek: :faint: :confused: :ThmbDown:

ManeMediaMogul
04-11-2008, 07:18 AM
It makes good business sense. With Darley at Jonabell standing virtually every good good horse that has run in the last two years and Sheik Mohammed increasing the quality and quantity of his broodmare band, there will be horses to sell. Why pay huge commissions to Keeneland or Fasig-Tipton when you can keep it "in-house"?

Sheik Mohammed infuses our sport with billions of dollars all over the world - Great Britain, Ireland, France, Japan, Australia, South America, the United States and the Middle East.

His business model for stallions has effectively lowered the overpriced stud fees that most Kentucky farms were charging, making it easier for smaller breeders to show a profit. His Flying Start program is educating young people, on a first-class level, to become major players in the industry, and his auction purchases drive the market, putting millions of dollars into the accounts of American breeders.

How is that a bad thing?

joanied
04-11-2008, 03:31 PM
It makes good business sense. With Darley at Jonabell standing virtually every good good horse that has run in the last two years and Sheik Mohammed increasing the quality and quantity of his broodmare band, there will be horses to sell. Why pay huge commissions to Keeneland or Fasig-Tipton when you can keep it "in-house"?

Sheik Mohammed infuses our sport with billions of dollars all over the world - Great Britain, Ireland, France, Japan, Australia, South America, the United States and the Middle East.

His business model for stallions has effectively lowered the overpriced stud fees that most Kentucky farms were charging, making it easier for smaller breeders to show a profit. His Flying Start program is educating young people, on a first-class level, to become major players in the industry, and his auction purchases drive the market, putting millions of dollars into the accounts of American breeders.

How is that a bad thing?

Very enlightening post...nothing more needs to be added to proove there's a bright side to this purchase.
So, Ok...I'll change my little smilies---
:ThmbUp: :jump: :ThmbUp:

Javagold
04-11-2008, 07:20 PM
its a bad thing, because i wouldnt trust XXXXXXXXXXX to have the best interests of anything or anyone in NAmerica...WAKE UP !!!

joanied
04-11-2008, 08:10 PM
its a bad thing, because i wouldnt trust XXXXXXX to have the best interests of anything or anyone in NAmerica...WAKE UP !!!

Ok.... I don't trust XXXXXXXX either (I am a native New Yorker and watched the WTC being built, then come crashing :mad: :( down and nearly lost a couple of my relatives that day)... but I don't think Dubia is a terrorist country...I could be wrong about that, but doubt our people would be going over there every year if that was the case.
I guess we need to keep an open mind about all this and see what happens...it's something WE have no control over, so I, for one, ain't gonna get myself in an uproar about.
I also don't think this forum is the place for politics :eek:

Kelso
04-11-2008, 11:28 PM
but I don't think Dubia is a terrorist country...I could be wrong about that, but doubt our people would be going over there every year if that was the case.

And then there's the oft-demonstrated effectiveness of the "mole."

joanied
04-12-2008, 12:16 PM
And then there's the oft-demonstrated effectiveness of the "mole."

I feel I should reply to your statement about the 'mole'... but this isn't the forum for politics, Kelso...so I won't say anymore than this about that :)

Doc
04-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I feel I should reply to your statement about the 'mole'... but this isn't the forum for politics, Kelso...so I won't say anymore than this about that :)

Hey joanied, you are obviously brand-spanking new here, but a little dose of politics has always livened things up on this board. Unlike other horse racing forums, the participants here usually behave themselves and have interesting comments to make. If you want a pretty pony forum, suggest you look elsewhere.

Doc

Bruddah
04-13-2008, 02:33 PM
when a Democratic Congress and a Republican Administration changed the Law of the Land, and allowed Foreign Ownership of up to 20% (? percentage) of American Industries and Companies, The FOR SALE was hung on America.

The crazy thing is, these Foreign Investments were made with the same money which Congress appropriated in 1947 under the Marshal Act. This bit of trickery allowed Congress to empty the Social Security Trust Fund and rebuild our former enemies in Japan and Euroupe. With those former enenmies rebuilt after the war, America needed and infusion of cash in the 1960's and 70's. Hence the sale of America started.

Oh yes, the American government has only paid interest back to the Social Security Trust Funds over the last 60 years, never any Principal. So Social Security has really been "busted" for 60 years. They refer to the Principal as most of the National Debt. (Go figure)

Sorry for the off topic rant. Just had to vent after watching the latest round of Tax and spend idiots on TV.

Our Government is great at playing "Smoke and Mirrors" games with the American Public and Treasury.

joanied
04-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey joanied, you are obviously brand-spanking new here, but a little dose of politics has always livened things up on this board. Unlike other horse racing forums, the participants here usually behave themselves and have interesting comments to make. If you want a pretty pony forum, suggest you look elsewhere.

Doc

Hey Doc....I am a newer member, and simply assumed the posts should be limited to horse stuff... I noticed the members usually behave themselves, and no doubt everyone has interesting comments to make, which lead to lively discussions...in fact, when I read Kelso's comment on the 'mole', I very nearly suggested that a certain person running for office could very well be one :eek: ....
Doc....I've been there, done that and have more street smarts than most... I'm considerate and polite and believe in 'different strokes for different folks'
and your comment about wanting a 'pretty pony' forum pissed me off!!!
:)

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2008, 08:27 PM
I actually have a strict policy of NO POLITICS in the horse racing section (including signatures and avatars), except when it is 100% germane to the topic (such as the discussion of NY politics as it pertains to the NYRA situation for example).

Off-Topic (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47) was created for political discussions, among other things....

joanied
04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
I actually have a strict policy of NO POLITICS in the horse racing section (including signatures and avatars), except when it is 100% germane to the topic (such as the discussion of NY politics as it pertains to the NYRA situation for example).

Off-Topic (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47) was created for political discussions, among other things....

Tah-Dah...I knew it!! Thanks for posting this, that is why I posted to Kelso that I didn't think this was the place for politics!!

Kelso
04-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Tah-Dah...I knew it!! Thanks for posting this, that is why I posted to Kelso that I didn't think this was the place for politics!!

Better you had thought of that before you posted "I don't think Dubia is a terrorist country...I could be wrong about that, but doubt our people would be going over there every year if that was the case."

Bruddah
04-13-2008, 10:59 PM
And NOW BACK TO OUR ORIGINAL TOPIC: Foreign investment and purchases in the American Equine Market. AND, we now add the question, Are your petrol dollars being returned to the U.S. Equine Market by Foreign investors?

:lol: :bang: :ThmbUp:

joanied
04-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Better you had thought of that before you posted "I don't think Dubia is a terrorist country...I could be wrong about that, but doubt our people would be going over there every year if that was the case."

In the first place, I figured my statement would be the end of it. Then the topic grew into a political debate of sorts...and I didn't feel comfortable with continuing it, so politley mentioned to Kelso that maybe this wasn't the place for talking about that kind of stuff.
If it'll help make this go away...then, pardon me!!
Geeze :faint: