PDA

View Full Version : The protesters get fooled!

Bubbles
04-09-2008, 09:45 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080409/ap_on_re_us/olympic_torch

I'm going to post this one time in off-topic before I slinker back to my contest and other racing-related stuff, because this is something that really ticks me off.

All the torch protests will turn out to be meaningless. Putting out a fire isn't going to stop any atrocities in Tibet, nor is it going to curtail anything Olympics-related. I'm not trying to look down upon those being affected, because this IS a problem. But by protesting in this way, those people are not calling attention to the situation, they're just annoying a LOT of people by shoving their agendas down their throats.

The way I see it, nobody's going to boycott the games, and the torch won't stop circling the globe. Is what's happening in Tibet a problem? Yes. But it's being protested in the wrong way.

LottaKash
04-09-2008, 10:19 PM
We should all get down on our knees and pay HOMAGE to the "Torch".........what nonsense

Marshall Bennett
04-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Bunch of morons with a lot of much spare time on their hands . I have a bad feeling about our athletes going to China . I hope they have a safe go of it . :cool:

phatbastard
04-10-2008, 01:48 AM
the amount of money the commies are spending over here to finance our broken economy. i guess they figure our athletes should gratefully put on a show for them............

jballscalls
04-10-2008, 08:31 AM
i remember in Seattle during college we had the WTO riots, and all these people from my school (UW) were going to march down to downtown to protest, and maybe 5 % of them actually had any clue what they were protesting, the rest just wanted something to do.

GaryG
04-10-2008, 12:17 PM
What the hell did they expect when they gave the Olympics to Red China? These guys are not going to change. Activists and agitators will continue to have short life expectancy. They are just Commies being Commies. Those sweaty protestors are pathetic. Tase em Danno....

Tom
04-10-2008, 12:44 PM
If I was carrying the torch, I'd lite up a few of them chuckleheads protesting.:lol:

Where is the lib protest over the bad image those San Fran-sapos are showing the world, whose opinion is so improtant?

Typical - the great unwashed, hippy-dippy protestors. If they are so concerned about the Tibetan's freedom, where have they been for 20 years? You want to help the Tibetans? Put troops between them and the Chi-coms.

Oh, but they would protest that too.

Stop shopping at Wal Mart? Bet half the signs they carried were made from Chi-com materials.