PDA

View Full Version : Ralph -- SUV taxes

chickenhead
04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
The title of your thread was "Rush predicted it, a tax on SUV's". To me, that's a thread about taxes on SUVs.

If we're talking taxes on SUV's, then of course our current tax code is pertinent.

What's going on, here in the states, with our tax code, is more pertinent to pretty much everyone here, than something that's going on in London anyway.

Did Rush predict a $100,000 tax deduction for small business owners if they bought an SUV? Cause that's what we had here in the states for a little while (down to $25K now). I'm guessing he left that part out.

It's duplicitous to talk about the specter of taxes being raised, and not allowing it to be pointed out that we currently have some very large tax breaks in place promoting SUVs in certain cases.

It's the full picture for the subject "SUV taxes".

Anyway, it doesn't matter, it seemed pertinent to me, is all.

JustRalph
04-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Point well taken. But we weren't talking about commercial vehicles. That's all.

I get your point. The thread went askew. It won't be the last time. No big deal. The larger point was no longer germane.

robert99
04-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Glad to hear that what Londoners decide democratically to pay in tax to improve their city since 2003 is not now actually governed by the right wing thought police of USA.

Getting the thread back to USA for the locals, this link summarises the general issues:

http://www.citymayors.com/transport/nyc-congestion-charge.html