PDA

View Full Version : Absolut Vodka Ad: A Stroke of Genius?

WeirdWilly
04-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Absolut Vodka runs an ad showing an 1848 map of North America.

People get upset, and threaten to boycott Absolut. They gotta be shaking in their boots now, right?

Let's see...for the most part, the people most likely to boycott are people who don't drink a sissy drink like Vodka to begin with. Beer, Jack and Coke, maybe some Captain Morgan, but hoity martinis and fruity poof drinks?

Absolut is getting TONS of free publicity, and they will be a hit among the huge international "hate America" crowd. :rolleyes:

Snag
04-09-2008, 06:44 AM
There is no accounting for taste these days. ;)

racko
04-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Most people I know that drank themselves to death drank Vodka. One drank Smirnoff, another Absolute. So I don't think Vodka is a sissy drink.

jballscalls
04-09-2008, 11:14 AM
why are people upset that it shows a map of 1848 america??? (havent seen the commercial)

Cangamble
04-09-2008, 11:18 AM
why are people upset that it shows a map of 1848 america??? (havent seen the commercial)
http://people.monstersandcritics.com/bizarre/news/article_1398461.php/Absolut_Vodkas_ad_guaranteed_to_cause_boycott_

Tom
04-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Vodka a sissy drink?
You must not how to drink it properly. :rolleyes::lol:

traveler
04-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Vodka a sissy drink?
You must not how to drink it properly. :rolleyes::lol:

Looks like you started early today Tom - LOL

jballscalls
04-09-2008, 11:57 AM
http://people.monstersandcritics.com/bizarre/news/article_1398461.php/Absolut_Vodkas_ad_guaranteed_to_cause_boycott_

thanks for showing. i can understand why some people would get their undies in a bunch over that. either the advertisers are stupid, or they are smart and knew it would create a controversy, thus buzz, thus free advertising.

alot of people say they will boycott, but they never do. if they drank it before, they'll drink it again.

If i ate at mcdonalds, and i didnt like their commercials, it would stop me from getting a big mac.