PDA

View Full Version : Ky Derby Post Time

Otis11
04-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Did I hear that the post time for this year's Kentucky Derby has been moved to 6:30? Any confirmation, link, etc.? We're trying to plan our party this year, would help to know for sure when the time of the race is.

Sundown
04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Here is a link to Churchill Downs KD website. It has a countdown clock in the upper left hand corner. If I did my math right it indicates the race will be at 5 PM ET.

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2008/home

ryesteve
04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Here is a link to Churchill Downs KD website. It has a countdown clock in the upper left hand corner. If I did my math right it indicates the race will be at 5 PM ET.

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2008/home
5pm is typically when the TV coverage starts, but the actual post time has never been that early as far back as I can remember

cj's dad
04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Did I hear that the post time for this year's Kentucky Derby has been moved to 6:30? Any confirmation, link, etc.? We're trying to plan our party this year, would help to know for sure when the time of the race is.

TV coverage is from 5-7 PM EST on NBC. I could not find the actual post time but it is normally 25 minutes prior to end of program, so I'm assuming it will be 6:35 or so.

rokitman
04-07-2008, 10:19 AM

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2008/homeSomething is screwy with that clock. I looked at it earlier and it added up to a 5:30 post time.

Last year was 6:04.

Sundown
04-07-2008, 10:35 AM
I guess that gives you plenty of time to go down and by some YUM Brands food.

Otis11
04-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Louisville is in the Central Time Zone, so they post the race as 5:05. Probably explains the count-down clock.

Still, the question remains. Normally, the Derby post time is 6:05 Eastern (5:05 Central). Have they moved it to 6:35 (Eastern) this year? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

Grits
04-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Louisville is not in the Central time zone. It's eastern time.

Louisville is in the Central Time Zone, so they post the race as 5:05. Probably explains the count-down clock.

Still, the question remains. Normally, the Derby post time is 6:05 Eastern (5:05 Central). Have they moved it to 6:35 (Eastern) this year? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

SMOO
04-07-2008, 12:22 PM

YUM! :jump:

rokitman
04-07-2008, 02:26 PM
YUM! :jump: Why the hell would they "sponsor" the Derby? They are one of those "name behind the names" corporate parent companies. Are people going to chose to only buy their pizza at Pizza Hut from now on because it's a YUM Brand, assuming they knew that from the sponsorship, which they won't.

They are based in Louisville. It's a vanity sponsorship. I wouldn't be too pleased if I was a shareholder.

john del riccio
04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Its like the Super Bowl now...I remeber when the Giants beat the broncos, the kickoff was at about 2:30 PM and thought that was nuts.

Can you say "night Racing" for the Derby ?

Maybe they can move it to TP ....:lol:

John

Grits
04-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Ugh-ugh, not in Louisville. Not as long as Papa John's name's on the front of the biggest stadium in town.

You know how it goes today, you write the biggest check, you get all the goodies.

And the press, along with tv coverage, gets sick too death of remembering to use your name in every story turned out, and every show aired. YUM Brands and Powered By Dodge and all like that. Ridiculous.

Why the hell would they "sponsor" the Derby? They are one of those "name behind the names" corporate parent companies. Are people going to chose to only buy their pizza at Pizza Hut from now on because it's a YUM Brand, assuming they knew that from the sponsorship, which they won't.

They are based in Louisville. It's a vanity sponsorship. I wouldn't be too pleased if I was a shareholder.

Spendabuck85
04-07-2008, 05:48 PM
According to track calendar at NTRA, Post Time is scheduled for 6:16 p.m.

Otis11
04-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Louisville is not in the Central time zone. It's eastern time.
When did they move? :)

098poi
04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know if Youbet will have Churchill on Derby day?

TravisVOX
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
When did they move? :)

When did they move out of the Eastern time zone is more like it?

rokitman
04-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I think Kentucky moved when it heard those two nitwits, Paris and Nicole, might be coming.

dylbert
04-07-2008, 09:26 PM
When did they move? :)Great thing about internet -- you can look it UP!

Here's link http://www.timetemperature.com/tzky/louisville.shtml

Otis, please don't help your kids (or grandkids) with geography! :bang:

DJofSD
04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Last year the race went off at 6:16 P.M. EDT. (What time zone: just enter into any browser what time is it in louisville, ky).

Is the original question a matter of the race starting about 15 minutes later that prior years?

sandpit
04-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Being a native Louisvillian, I can tell you that the city has been in the Eastern Time Zone for at least 35 years. My parents told me that when I was a little boy (late 60s), it used to be in the Central Time Zone.

As far as Derby post time, it's supposed to go off about 6:05 p.m., but until the track releases their official post time schedule for the spring meet, which should be this week, the countdown clock on the Derby website is just an educated guess. Having worked there for over a decade, I feel pretty confident in saying this. Hope it helps.

cj's dad
04-28-2008, 11:40 PM
lists the post time as 6:04

Niko
04-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Is it only me that finds it ironic with the state of racing that it took 21 posts to get the time of the Derby right.. :lol:

I hadn't looked it up yet myself so thanks.

DJofSD
04-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Type the following into your favorite search engine and I bet it will have the clock with the time zome right at the top of the list of responses:

time in louisville, ky

cj's dad
04-29-2008, 10:49 PM
lists the post time as 6:04

Unless Bob Evans is in negotiations with the "starters union"

BeatTheChalk
04-30-2008, 12:31 AM

Please ..get it right ;) .. it is YUM Brands. Must have the
exclamation point. :jump: :lol: :D My question is this...Does
anyone know exactly .. what food companies are under the
control of YumBrands! ?? :eek:

DJofSD
04-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Biggest names are KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. All of these have global exposures and they are increasing those numbers all the time.

Novak was a guest CEO on Mad Money today. He mentioned numbers like 18,000 KFC stores in the US while China is only 2,000 (?). Plenty of room to expand. And, believe it or not, Taco Bell is looking to expand into Latin America. You might think this would be the same as selling snow to an eskimo but apparently it's not.

Kelso
04-30-2008, 02:14 AM
The popularity of Pizza Hut saddens me. It suggests that relatively few people outside of the Northeast have any idea at all what good pizza tastes like. :( Tomato juice on stale bread is Pizza Hut's basic recipe.

Fred
04-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Please ..get it right ;) .. it is YUM Brands. Must have the
exclamation point. :jump: :lol: :D My question is this...Does
anyone know exactly .. what food companies are under the
control of YumBrands! ?? :eek:

Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Long John Silver's, A & W Root Beer

Freddy
Yum brands Franchisee

BeatTheChalk
04-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Long John Silver's, A & W Root Beer

Freddy
Yum brands Franchisee

Way to go Freddy :cool: I shudda wudda cudda bot the stock early in the game
like 5 years ago or so :( Ah well ... The Brands at Yumbrands! are pretty
dang good. I can not imagie KFC has 18,000 locations..but what the heck
do I know :eek:

joanied
05-02-2008, 12:43 PM
The popularity of Pizza Hut saddens me. It suggests that relatively few people outside of the Northeast have any idea at all what good pizza tastes like. :( Tomato juice on stale bread is Pizza Hut's basic recipe.

You got that right, Kelso. I have not had a good :mad: :( pizza since I left New York. We have a Pizza Hut here....aaarrggghhh!!
We also have a Godfather's Pizza :ThmbDown: and they had the 'Brooklyn Pizza' a while back...OMG...what :lol: a joke!!