PDA

View Full Version : Oaklawn timer

cj
04-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Since I'm usually the first to criticize Gulfstream for their terrible timing of races, I should mention the poor effort at Oaklawn this weekend.

One of the biggest races of the meet, the Oaklawn Handicap, had crazy fractional times posted during the race and none reported in the charts.

There were no fractions in a race the day before, and it happened three other times so far this meet. This should not be acceptable from ANY track.

Toss_DeLoser
04-07-2008, 02:57 PM
They lost the finish line camera a few weeks a go for a race. Me thinks they are too wrapped up waiting on the season to end so they can start the expansion for the "games of skill".:bang:

russowen77
04-07-2008, 03:15 PM
They lost the finish line camera a few weeks a go for a race. Me thinks they are too wrapped up waiting on the season to end so they can start the expansion for the "games of skill".:bang:
It sure seems that way. 2 stakes races with very small fields. The 4 horse field was ridiculas.

I doubt if we are here much longer, other than the slots of course. That damn racetrack just takes up way too much slot room.:rolleyes: