PDA

View Full Version : Hillary does it again.........

JustRalph
04-06-2008, 02:24 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/05/us/politics/05woman.html?_r=1&ei=5090&en=7824b4f8ea3b363d&ex=1365134400&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

April 5, 2008
Ohio Hospital Contests a Story Clinton Tells
By DEBORAH SONTAG
Over the last five weeks, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York has featured in her campaign stump speeches the story of a health care horror: an uninsured pregnant woman who lost her baby and died herself after being denied care by an Ohio hospital because she could not come up with a $100 fee.

The woman, Trina Bachtel, did die last August, two weeks after her baby boy was stillborn at O’Bleness Memorial Hospital in Athens, Ohio. But hospital administrators said Friday that Ms. Bachtel was under the care of an obstetrics practice affiliated with the hospital, that she was never refused treatment and that she was, in fact, insured.

“We implore the Clinton campaign to immediately desist from repeating this story,” said Rick Castrop, chief executive officer of the O’Bleness Health System.

Linda M. Weiss, a spokeswoman for the not-for-profit hospital, said the Clinton campaign had never contacted the hospital to check the accuracy of the story, which Mrs. Clinton had first heard from a Meigs County, Ohio, sheriff’s deputy in late February.

A Clinton spokesman, Mo Elleithee, said candidates would frequently retell stories relayed to them, vetting them when possible. “In this case, we did try but were not able to fully vet it,” Mr. Elleithee said. “If the hospital claims it did not happen that way, we respect that.”

The sheriff’s deputy, Bryan Holman, had played host to Mrs. Clinton in his home before the Ohio primary. Deputy Holman said in a telephone interview that a conversation about health care led him to relate the story of Ms. Bachtel. He never mentioned the name of the hospital that supposedly turned her away because he did not know it, he said.

Deputy Holman knew Ms. Bachtel’s story only secondhand, having learned it from close relatives of the woman. Ms. Bachtel’s relatives did not return phone calls Friday.

As Deputy Holman understood it, Ms. Bachtel had died of complications from a stillbirth after being turned away by a local hospital for her failure to pay $100 upfront.

~much more at the link~

wonatthewire1
04-06-2008, 08:40 AM
she should run her stories past the master, her husband first, before running with them - he could find one that was accurate

Boris
04-06-2008, 08:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5BwOujrNQ

See it for yourself.

Boris
04-06-2008, 08:57 AM
More unverifiable dramatics from the pant-suited one

"Like many of you here who are of a certain age, I will never forget where I was when I heard Dr. King had been killed. I was junior in college and I remember hearing about it and just feeling such despair,” Clinton said, pausing, her voice quivering.

“I walked into my dorm room and took my book bag and hurled it across the room. It felt like everything had been shattered, like we would never be able to put the pieces together again."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/04/04/politics/fromtheroad/entry3994189.shtml

Can we get a smilie of a happy face throwing the bullshit flag? :rolleyes: This one don't cut it.

rastajenk
04-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Personally, I don't think students used "book bags" back then, at least not in the sense they're used today. I was in college only a short few years after her era, and I toted my books around under my arm, like just about everybody else on the two campuses I attended. But hey, if it fits the story, who's to quibble, I guess.... :p

Marshall Bennett
04-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Who cares ? They all lie about their past

boxcar
04-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Who cares ? They all lie about their past

And they'll all lie about the present and our future.

Boxcar

Tom
04-06-2008, 06:59 PM
She must have some mental disorder - she just lies like a rub about everything, and it is all verifiable! The dame is not right in the head.

nxZUFzGWzkY&feature=related

witchdoctor
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Tom

That opening picture of Hillary looks like Jack Nicholson's Joker in the first Batman.

delayjf
04-07-2008, 12:30 PM
My favorite is the "I attempted to join the Army story" - that's rich. :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
04-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Tom, I played this video and my cat went running out of the room....... :lol:

JustRalph
04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
http://www.justralph.com/liagra.jpg

They have a drug for it now..........!!!!

Thanks to my friend in Florida...........for sending me this.

jballscalls
04-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Now that is Funny!!! why do politicians lie so much?? the remind me of Jockey agents. they make up a lie at one time, forgetting it will come back to bite them in the hiney. Hillary is unreal.

ljb
04-22-2008, 10:30 AM
If we were Republicans, Hillary would already be the nominee.

Lefty
04-22-2008, 12:02 PM
lbj, right. If the Dems had their primaries set up likethe Repubs, Hillary would already be the nominee.

Tom
04-22-2008, 12:13 PM
The dems basically have set up thier promaries so the the will of the people can be ignored if neccessary.

Strange, the party that cries the loudest about election fraud has the worst system imaginable. Some votes count thousands of times more than other votes, any party can vote, anyone of of state can vote......
And then the whine about Operation Chaos! :lol::lol::lol:

Greyfox
04-22-2008, 12:28 PM
If I may say my two bits worth, I really don't like any of the remaining candidates that well.

Having said that, I like Barrack Hussein Obama the least. I just don't believe him when he claims not to have known about his pastor Jeremy Wrights views. That 's just unbelievable. Also I haven't seen anything of substance coming from his lips. With respect to foreign policy, I believe that he is naive. A Neville Chamberlaine "Peace in Our Time" man.

But it doesn't really matter what I believe. I've seen mania go through crowds and populations before. Remember "Beatlemania"??

It doesn't seem to matter what Barrack has done, the demographics of young and the restless are getting on his band wagon. Young women are screaming and almost willing to fling their panties at him. He's become a "rock type" star in the colleges. He obviously has great appeal to the blacks. He has great appeal to those who want to prove to themselves that they are not racist, even if they really are.

Mark my words. If Barrack Hussein Obama beats Hillary, he is going to light an irrational wild fire in this nation of a mania that is going to upset McCain as well.

I want either Hillary or McCain in the Oval office. But that ain't gonna happen if Obama gets the nomination.

Tom
04-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Remeber John Lenon made the remark about Jesus and Beatlemania died fast.
Barry Hussein can be beat as well. All it takes is the truth.

46zilzal
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Remeber John Lenon made the remark about Jesus and Beatlemania died fast.
Barry Hussein can be beat as well. All it takes is the truth.
Don't tell that to the owner's of the Beatles songs who are STILL making a killing.

from Wikipedia: According to the United World Chart, the Beatles have 16 of the 100 most successful tracks of all time, and also 7 of the 100 most successful albums in history.

10 Highest selling Singles of all-time

1. Candle in the Wind 1997 - Elton John
2. White Christmas - Bing Crosby
3. Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley & His Comets
4. I Want to Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
5. Hey Jude - The Beatles

46zilzal
04-22-2008, 05:27 PM
CNN) – Hillary Clinton said Tuesday that her comments that the United States could “totally obliterate” Iran if it made a nuclear attack on Israel had been an attempt to return the United States to Cold War style deterrence.

Great another one who wants to push that button.

delayjf
04-22-2008, 05:40 PM
I wonder how many of those on the list were released after the statement.

Tom
04-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Don't tell that to the owner's of the Beatles songs who are STILL making a killing.

from Wikipedia:

From personal observations.....there were mass burnings of Beatles records all across the country. Radio stations stopped playing their records. the point was that no amount of sensationalism and hero worship is immune to fast falling outs. As you see the way polls change week to week, timing could put BizzaroBarry Hussein on the outs on election day.

JustRalph
04-22-2008, 11:03 PM
I would love to have the royalties from "Hey Jude" for just one week.

PaceAdvantage
04-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Great another one who wants to push that button.Hey man, just kick back, light up, and wish the world to peace my brother....that's the hippy way! :jump:

BTW, refresh my memory....why did you end up in Canada?

Lefty
04-23-2008, 02:31 AM
grey, have you noticed that the faintings have stopped now that Obama has been asked some serious q's?

Hey, didja catch Hillary's victory speech? She's going to create jobs for everyone, end the war and cure all the diseases. What a woman!

Tom
04-23-2008, 07:25 AM
She already gave the nation 250,000 jbs, Lefty.
Ones that used to be in NYS. Until she got elected.

jballscalls
04-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Hey, didja catch Hillary's victory speech? She's going to create jobs for everyone, end the war and cure all the diseases. What a woman!

All i want her or anyone to do is have it cost less to fill up my car with gas, and have my condo appreciate in value (yes i have a 15 year fixed) and i'll be a happy man!!

46zilzal
04-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey man, just kick back, light up, and wish the world to peace my brother....that's the hippy way! :jump:

BTW, refresh my memory....why did you end up in Canada?
Light up? After smoking killed several in may family?..I rather doubt that would be in my lifestyle.

Lefty
04-23-2008, 11:03 AM
jballs, got some bad news buddy: The Prez has nothing to do with gas prices. As foryour condo, real estate yo-yos. If you bght something you can afford and something you want to live in, just hang on and it will go back up.

Greyfox
04-23-2008, 01:18 PM
grey, have you noticed that the faintings have stopped now that Obama has been asked some serious q's?

!

I wish that were true. However, his hypnotic cadence, his mantras, his empty speech substance, are still penetrating youthful minds who lack critical thinking powers. I'll swear that he got several standing ovulations in Indiana yesterday.

PaceAdvantage
04-24-2008, 01:26 AM
Light up? After smoking killed several in may family?..I rather doubt that would be in my lifestyle.I'm not talking cigarettes bruddah...

riskman
04-25-2008, 01:04 AM
"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two. And I didn't like it. And I didn't inhale." :D
Bill Clinton

Tom
04-25-2008, 07:27 AM
"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two. And I didn't like it. And I didn't inhale." :D
Bill Clinton

"I did not inhale that cigarette, Mary Jane." (poudinng fist on podium)