PDA

View Full Version : Pick 6 and place 8 helper

pktruckdriver
04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I need help please, I am lost with making my place pick all bets
and pick 4's sometimes.

I know that there is a few programs that are supposed to help you make bets more economically and also sstates that they will get your picks covered thoroughly and maybe even set you pu to hit multiple tickets too.

I downloaded one program and could not get it to work at all, and was unable to find any contact numbers or email addressess either.

Can someone help find what I'm looking for, no not winning horses,( well if you must I'll take'm), but I'm confident that the people of this board can help me with this quest, no doubt.

Thanks
Patrick
pktruckdriver @ msn . com

rrbauer
04-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy who was pissing all over computer-aided bets a couple days ago?

pktruckdriver
04-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Yes I was that guy, absoluetly.

Still am that guy, but this is different and I'm sure you know that too.

This is using a program to help you structure your bets , not make them for you!! So if you know great if not go ahead and bash me a little if you wish as I was that guy, still am, and will still be him.

But to not use computers is crazy, to let them spend my money for me, I'm still reluctant, but at least now I understand why they would need a program to do so and it makes great sense for them, not me , to do it.

Patrick

rrbauer
04-05-2008, 10:13 PM
No bash, bro. Just trying to sort out the apparent enigma.

There are tons of posts at this site on structuring "Pick" bets, so I'd suggest getting in touch with doing searches on threads for them.

098poi
04-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Here is a link to Exotic Wager Calculator (Free). It can help you figure what the cost of a wager is. It does not give optimum wager strategy but it's still pretty cool. Price is great.

http://home.att.net/~prof.factor/f_ewc.html

riskman
04-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy who was pissing all over computer-aided bets a couple days ago?

If I remember correctly, the trucker aplogized to PA. The trucker is a newbie and is trying to learn the game.

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

Pace Cap'n
04-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Here is one I googled up. I have never seen it and know nothing about it.

It does say there is a free trial.

www.horse-player.com/ (http://www.horse-player.com/)

I believe there are others floating around on the internets.

oscar1
04-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Try this.--www.horse-player.com

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-06-2008, 02:30 AM
If you are new at this game- you had better stay away from the place all bet. It cost too much for one person. It has too much risk for you.

I love the bet when I play and get lots of action but most of the time you will lose.

I use the formulas and they work very well but you still have to have many singles to hit the place 8,place 9, or place 10

It is better to play the pick 3 and pick 4.

Good Luck

stuball
04-06-2008, 08:35 AM
He is looking for a life changing hit..wants to sell his truck
and retire...off 1 bet...It happens but it is a tough sell.

:bang: :bang: :bang: good luck

Stuball

pktruckdriver
04-06-2008, 10:06 AM
It is the Horse-player.com one that I can not get to work and is exactly what I was looking for, does anyone have a copy of that program that works , and if so could you get me in contact with its owner and allow me to contact them to purchase it and make sure it works for me, not giving me winners, but helping with economic strategy only.

Again thanks for the help.

PS I did search archives, that is best time killing activity now, yep my life is pretty dull after the DIVORCE, but I wouldn't change a thing, so when I ask stupid question here, please just be patient with me, ok, thanks.

Patrick

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-06-2008, 02:36 PM
These formulas give a bettor a chance for a big score. They give the bettor a one chance in eight chance for the pick 6 score. But the bettor is only betting one eight the money.

The formulas gives the bettor a better chance to hit the place all bet. Since the bettor can have two horse win and place. Then the bettor has a 1 in 4 chance of hitting the place all. But if the bettor has two races with a winner and a place horse - his chances improve to a 1 in 2 chance of a place all win. But the bettor has to get all his singles to place also. Or he can hope it plays 8/9 or 8/10 etc.

The places on the internet don't offer the bigger formulas that the bettors really need to get far on the place all bet. They only offer small formulas for the pick 6.

One formulas that has 5 horse in one race, 4 horses in two races, 3 horses in one race, and two horses in two races is $960 in a caveman straight ticket or $116 in a formulas ticket.

This ticket can carry a bettor right down toward the final races before either winning or losing a big payoff in the place all bet.

pktruckdriver
04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks magichorseman I come close and then I get whacked and limp away a loser again.

But a formula that would Make a $960.00 ticket into many for 116.00 or how does that work, exactly???

Good lord man I spend 12.00 to 32.00 max on this Place all bet, that's it.

Heck if I spent 200-300 a bet I would feel real confident that I would own the Place all Bet , hitting 2-5 times a week, for sure. I must feel that way if I am getting so close spending just 8-12-or once in a while 32.00. , so hopefully I'll find the formula that will help me nail this darn thing.

And by The way I do want that BIG HIT, to get out of this truck and honestly can you blame a guy for wanting that, wishing for that and even begging for that to happen, I got no big ego here, I want it real bad, you are absolutely right. I am not shy about it, never will be either, sorry if that bothers you, ok.

Patrick

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2008, 02:01 AM
Unless you like tons of SPAM, I suggest you don't post your email address in a public forum.

At least insert spaces like I did in your original post....

pktruckdriver
04-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Thank you Sir

As always I was not thinking about spam, but will now leave email off posts in the future, again thank you very sir.

Patrick

Apparently learning something new everyday, Thank God For that

njcurveball
04-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Heck if I spent 200-300 a bet I would feel real confident that I would own the Place all Bet , hitting 2-5 times a week, for sure.

Sounds like an easy start up business then Patrick, why not do it? If your hit rate is as you expect, you should only lose 1 or 2 days maximum before hitting and being in the black for life!

Good luck! :ThmbUp:

pktruckdriver
04-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Well true enough.....

But one's own confidence must be high in order to make these statements, but once I have a 1,000.00 to try it 3-4 times, I may indeed own the Place All Bets.

And as you say be off to a nice new life of unknown wealth and happiness, but then this is where reality sits in on you, like a 500lb woman sitting on you. If it was this easy, all would be doing , right???

Well , fact 1. here is that I am pretty good, not very good, with the picks I do now playing with my non-existent bankroll that I got , I am using only 1 horse per race now, and sometimes in maybe 2-3 races I'll pick 2 or 3 horses in those races, giving me 12 horses in 8 races, which is very hard to hit, as I can attest to, for close is not good enough, I have not hit it yet and will promise to die trying, hopefully I do not die, so I must hit it.

Now back to your suggetion, I'd love to start a new horse playing business, but I'm either scared to or not funded enough to try it, and right now it is the latter, niot funded enough to try. I do study long hours looking , but don't we all do that, and yes I will keep dreaming of that one hit that will give me the chance to try it, got an extra mil lying around, to help some start up a new business, I give it my best try.

Alright enough for now, but I'm still Looking for that program, or formula, that I do believe is out there, can some one help me get it please, thank you.

Patrick

njcurveball
04-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Well , fact 1. here is that I am pretty good, not very good, with the picks I do now playing with my non-existent bankroll that I got , I am using only 1 horse per race now, and sometimes in maybe 2-3 races I'll pick 2 or 3 horses in those races, giving me 12 horses in 8 races, which is very hard to hit,

So you have a small bankroll, you hit 6 or 7 place bets a day. You churn the money enough days, you wind up with a much larger bankroll.

If you keep blowing small money on the bet, it adds up to big money. Take the exotics out of the mix till you have enough to fund them. Then if your prediction is correct, you are hitting 2 to 5 per week.

I have found (and maybe this is not the case with you) most people are very good at making choices after the races.

Do yourself a favor and try it out on paper with $200. Better yet, post it here and get bragging rights. :ThmbUp:

Good luck to you!
Jim

pktruckdriver
04-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Nice ideas , a put or shut up challenge, I like that, and maybe it's not meant to be that harsh, but nice to suggest waiting to build up your bank, by maybe placing a few place bets and try to build up the ole bankroll, fair enough, and true enough I will be patient an work at playing a few place bets and see how that works for a week or so, and if allowed may offer a place all challenge on the board with a 200-500 dollar limit, since the payouts normally justify such and investment, i think,and playing for fun on here to have bragging rights, which may happen, as we all know by now when you bet on paper and not for real you hit more often, is this not correct?
Alright, I will try it, but I am still looking for a working program out there, can some one help me find it , please

Patrick
Now I begin to either impress or depress, whew, so much pressure

pktruckdriver
04-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Today I'll post them here and then maybe you could help me get them posted where they belong, ok, fair enough.

2/58/16/25/27/469/15/45,10 for 288.00

Now I never bet this big before and was rushed a little bit here, but I'll take full resposiblity for these picks rushed or not.

My normal picks woulda been like this instead ok
2/5/6/2/17/49/5/10, 7 for 8.00
8/8/1/1/2/19/1/457,10 for 8.00

Well thats my imaginary bets for today, now lets see what happens.

Next time I'll do 1 for 288 and 1 for 600-700 ok
never mind I'll try it now its free
28/1589/1/15/127/1469/1/457,10

njcurveball
04-07-2008, 03:08 PM
My normal picks woulda been like this instead ok
2/5/6/2/17/49/5/10, 7 for 8.00
8/8/1/1/2/19/1/457,10 for 8.00

Tossed me a curveball here. I thought you had 5 or 6 singles, which you certainly do, but they are different in each race.

I can see how you feel you are close now. You only agree on the races you spread. :eek:

So if you win with 2,8,6,1,2,4,1,7 you have them all and think you could have covered with more money. But actually that ticket would have cost

2*2*2*2*3*3*2*4 = $1,152 for a buck (if my math is correct).

You need to concentrate on at least 2 and preferably 3 or 4 singles. If you give yourself 3 horses in 4 chaos races you are talking $81 for a buck. DO they have $1 tickets on this bet?

You are setting yourself up to 2nd guess a ton with a pair of tickets like the ones you posted.

pktruckdriver
04-07-2008, 03:34 PM
This is a 1.00 bet only, not 2.00 like the pick 6.

It is where I sometimes, not always (ok honesty here), can get 3-5 races down to 1 0r 2 runners, normally 3-4 races thou, but that is where these 10-14 horse races come in and bite me where, you know where, and then I have to try again, the next time.

Well when I hit with the smaller bets (money i mean) it will be more rewarding to me to have done with so little picks, not that I am oppossed to throwing the bank at it if I had one, but being more frugal , becuase that is what my life dictates I be, smaller bets must be made and then a lot of praying.....

But I will try placing bigger bets here to see how I would do, what's it hurt, just my pride if I keep missing it, right, well I'll get over that for sure.

Well lets see how I do, I actually made no real bets today, the weekend was tough on me, no big one this wknd, maybe the Derby?.....

Patrick

pktruckdriver
04-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Even with the bigger tickets, I still got 7 out of 8, even with my small ticket too But the payout today was 11,000.00+ not bad for a buck. Today it was the following races , Race 1 on one ticket and race 7 on the other ticket, but their were my single race's and I don't see not doing the same thing again, and that would be singling those 2 races, those would be my picks.

See again close but no Cigar today, big money or not, just 1 race off, so close.

Patrick

PS: Ok how do I get to put up the place all bet each day?? Probally just do it and see what happens , right?? Yeah....

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Probably the best advice I can give you is to bet a group of one dollar tickets.

Bet that 6 of 8 of your first choices will place and the other two races- your 2nd choices will place.

Bet a group of tickets like this. A is your first choice. B is your 2nd choice.

A A A A A A B B
A A A A A B A B
A A A A B A A B
A A A B A A A B
A A B A A A A B
A B A A A A A B
B A A A A A A B
A A A A A B B A
A A A A B A B A
A A A B A A B A
A A B A A A B A
A B A A A A B A
B A A A A A B A
A A A A B B A A
A A A B A B A A
A A B A A B A A
A B A A A B A A
B A A A A B A A
A A A B B A A A
A A B A B A A A
A B A A B A A A
B A A A B A A A
A A B B A A A A
A B A B A A A A
B A A B A A A A
A A B B A A A A
A B A B A A A A
B A A B A A A A
A B B A A A A A
B A B A A A A A
B B A A A A A A

This is just a $31 bet with 31 one dollar tickets. After you bet this a few times you will realize that perhaps you could have played a few tickets with two horse as a 2nd choice and help you hit the place all bet.

You can also do the same as the above with 5 of 7 and have a single. It will be a cheaper ticket.

Or you can have two singles and try 4 of 6 with two singles. you could also add 5 of 6 ( only 5 tickets) and two singles. It will be cheaper yet.

It is a fun bet but also frustrating bet. My friends have hit 3 times for the only ticket for 31k, 38k, and 34k payoffs.

I have hit for some lessor payoffs. I have won 8 in a row and get beat in the final race but recieved $1538. for 8/9 payoff. 9/9 would have been $40,001.50 It is great to get a few friend together and play a play.

All4now,

Gary

pktruckdriver
04-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks Gary

I will try your way this weekend and see what happens, why, becuase I can fit it in to my bankroll and it makes sense, compared to what I've been doing.

Again thank you

PaTRICK

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-08-2008, 12:22 PM
This formula will get you a long way toward hitting a good place all bet. It is alot better than betting a caveman straight ticket for a thousand bucks. Let me know what happens.

njcurveball
04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
This formula will get you a long way toward hitting a good place all bet. It is alot better than betting a caveman straight ticket for a thousand bucks. Let me know what happens.

Given the fact it is rare that all #1 choices win and #1 choices win more than #2 choices (or place in this instance), that is a very ingenious way to get a lot of horses covered.

Nice job! :ThmbUp:

pktruckdriver
04-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Yes thanks

Even with the big tickets yesterday I stll missed by 1 race, so I eat a little Crow, no biggie, there's always tommorrow, right?

But I now have a new way to try and who knows, nothing ventured is nothing gained, right?

Thanks

Patrick

rrpic6
04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
MAGICHORSEMAN/Gary:

Do you go to a certain teller to punch all those straight tickets? She must be an Angel! :cool:

RR

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Come on ...only 31 tickets. You know me.

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-08-2008, 09:27 PM
This formula will work very well. Just look at the past charts of Santa Anita/ Hollywood.

There are many good 5k and 10k payoffs with 6 favorites and two non favorites.