PDA

View Full Version : What Did We Learn Today???

pktruckdriver
04-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Well what did we learn today that will help me pick the superfecta in the KY. Derby this 1st Saturday in May??? I am again going to try a learn a few things from the board, so let'r rip, please.

War Pass was now offically off as the favorite or near fav, right?
Not that too many here thought he was really that good anyway, right also???

El Gato Malo is out, but that did leave Colonel John in the Possible Favorite.

Denis of "No" cork, was real flat today too.

Who else did we eliminate today as non-winners of the Derby???

Patrick

jonnielu
04-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Well what did we learn today that will help me pick the superfecta in the KY. Derby this 1st Saturday in May??? I am again going to try a learn a few things from the board, so let'r rip, please.

War Pass was now offically off as the favorite or near fav, right?
Not that too many here thought he was really that good anyway, right also???

El Gato Malo is out, but that did leave Colonel John in the Possible Favorite.

Denis of "No" cork, was real flat today too.

Who else did we eliminate today as non-winners of the Derby???

Patrick

There is only one analyst on the board that had the stones to stick two forks in War Pass before this afternoon, I hear tell that he couldn't watch because he was tied up at KEE suffering a similar defeat in the 9th there. That does not however diminish his successes from earlier in the day, like the stunning to most result of the 4th, and 8th.

I hear tell, that he still has several on his list as qualified to win the Derby too.

jdl

pktruckdriver
04-05-2008, 09:48 PM
I still have a few possible closer's that have gotten better, but have yet to be too impressive, by either a bad trip/ride or just too late running, and even still I saw one come running and just look like , what I call "Jockey Stop", and that is when you don't know what might have happened to the horse, but later find out the horse is find and it makes one wonder if he really saw what he did.

Y'all ever get that before, the did I just see that and then have to convince yourself you did. I see it on all my loser's, no not really, but I do see things like that,m it seems I see them easier now then years ago, and still do not understand it, but have come to believe that it is all to common, becuase it happens so much.

pktruckdriver
04-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I woulda thought that I woulda got more responses with that post, but y'all are veryquiet , was it my 1st post asking what you guys and gals think about this Saturday, or was it the way I asked about it, probally so, if too much for you then sorry, but come on I know you're dying to speak up about yesterday.

So Let loose, let's hear it.

Patrick

lamboguy
04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
war pass did not change leads down the lane, but i have to give zito credit for bringing the horse back, i had my questions about him.

big brown came out of the outside in the florida derby, but did not beat the greatest field. the santa anita derby was a great race and colonial john will serve up decent competition for pyro.

toetoe
04-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Where's Spend A Buck when we need him ?

OTM Al
04-06-2008, 06:56 PM
We learned that the pace in the derby is going to be white hot as there are 3 horses that have earnings now that will try to pull a sub 47 half....2 do not belong but likely they will be there anyway. Its really looking like it could be a Giacomo like year, though there are a couple who look like legit closers (god I hate betting closers....)

pktruckdriver
04-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Yes agreed but betting closers are both fun and profitable at the same time.

This does set-up for a regular year at the Derby, no Favorite winning it.

Which should be very very open to making a great profit on it, or do you disagree with that???

I know some think BB will bowl'm down, but I don't think so, do you??

Get the wheel-barrow ready....

Patrick

Dahoss9698
04-07-2008, 01:02 AM
There is only one analyst on the board that had the stones to stick two forks in War Pass before this afternoon, I hear tell that he couldn't watch because he was tied up at KEE suffering a similar defeat in the 9th there. That does not however diminish his successes from earlier in the day, like the stunning to most result of the 4th, and 8th.

I hear tell, that he still has several on his list as qualified to win the Derby too.

jdl

So let me get this straight. You, like most people with a pulse, questioned War Pass's ability to get 10 furlongs. Nothing he has done this year would lead anyone to believe otherwise, so don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back. He is a very good horse, maybe the best 3 year old, he just has distance limitations.

I do find it especially amusing that for all your big talk before and after the Wood, did the horse you picked to "fork" War Pass finish yet? Oh and talking about yourself in the third person is pretty cool too.